1.    #1  
    Hi,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I am looking for an easy way to start exhibition mode on my Veer with webos 2.1.1. Of course, there is already an application that is built-in but the problem is that it first shows a couple of options and then you have to tap again to actually start exhibition mode. When you want to exit exhibition mode with the built-in app, you come back to the options screen of the app unfortunately.

What I dream of is an app like "Screen off" ScreenOff - Power button replacement

I would like to launch exhibition mode by just tapping the icon of the app and then when exiting exhibition mode come back directly to the normal screen (which is not the case with the built-in app).

Does something like this already exist? Or can this be done?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by roughty View Post
    Hi,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I am looking for an easy way to start exhibition mode on my Veer with webos 2.1.1. Of course, there is already an application that is built-in but the problem is that it first shows a couple of options and then you have to tap again to actually start exhibition mode. When you want to exit exhibition mode with the built-in app, you come back to the options screen of the app unfortunately.

What I dream of is an app like "Screen off" ScreenOff - Power button replacement

I would like to launch exhibition mode by just tapping the icon of the app and then when exiting exhibition mode come back directly to the normal screen (which is not the case with the built-in app).

Does something like this already exist? Or can this be done?

Thanks!
    There's an existing patch to Auto-Start Exhibition, but it will leave the Exhibition Preference app open in a card, so that'll get you half-way to where you want to go.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you so much for the quick response!

Im in the mid of deciding whether I should try this app or get myself into understanding mode switcher. But I think I will give this a try.

Is it doable to have the same functionality without the app card being open or opening at all before/after going into/out of exhibition mode? Or did you have it this way on purpose?

Anyway, thank you again for the prompt reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by roughty View Post
    Thank you so much for the quick response!

Im in the mid of deciding whether I should try this app or get myself into understanding mode switcher. But I think I will give this a try.

Is it doable to have the same functionality without the app card being open or opening at all before/after going into/out of exhibition mode? Or did you have it this way on purpose?

Anyway, thank you again for the prompt reply!
    The patch as written was the quickest, easiest way to just load up Exhibition without needing a Touchstone. A full app that acted like a shortcut with the features you want might be possible, but it would require a developer that was motivated to investigate those possibilities.