1.    #1  
    I loved this browser patch for my Pre- and now that I've FrakenPre'd my Pre 2, I don't see it available anymore. What it'd do is allow you to alt-tap a link in a browser to open a link in a new card. Is it not possible with 2.1? Let me know, thanks.

Also, there's no way to shrink the icons in the launcher to 4x5 like you could with WebOS 1.4x am I correct?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    no way to do the launcher in 2.x

try tap and hold on the link... patch is "hold tap context menu"

Have used it on all of my 2.x devices. Haven't seen a gesture tap patch any more.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply. That's right it was gesture tap not alt-tap. I wonder why that can't be done in 2.x

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nativus View Post
    Thanks for your reply. That's right it was gesture tap not alt-tap. I wonder why that can't be done in 2.x

I didn't move to 2.0 until a while after it was out (got a Veer last July), so no clue if it can't be done or the patch just switched over to tap and hold.

For what it's worth I don't see any gesture + tap patches in 2.2.4 feed. IIRC some of sconix advanced patches have a gesture + tap element, but I don't know if that has been on any of the 2.x devices. Spent almost two years on 1.x so it's hard to remember whats what.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I don't think there's any reason Gesture+Tap couldn't work in 2.x, it's just that the Tap+Hold crowd won out with the developer's time. And personally I think it just makes more sense.

The limitation with the launcher has to do with the way it was coded. In 1.x the launcher was a Mojo app like all the rest, made out of raw HTML5, JavaScript, and CSS. With webOS 2.x, the launcher made the jump to being a native-coded app (C) instead of Mojo, which means it's a lot faster and smoother, but it also cannot be modified with the relative easy that is webOS patching.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright