webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Advanced Patched (Sconix) Won't Install on Pre 3
Advanced Patched (Sconix) Won't Install on Pre 3
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford

Old 03/22/2012, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

I tried to install the Advanced Patches Framework patch on my 2.2.4 Pre 3, and it won't install, both in Preware and Wosqi. I Pre 3 is an ATT model (unlocked on working on T-Mobile). I tried both the ATT/Verizon patch and the other Framework patch. Anything I can do to get the patch installed? I'd like to install some of the other Advanced patches. (Yes, I'm in Developer Mode.)
Thx,
Shneor
Old 03/22/2012, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

what other patches do you have installed?
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2012, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

How well does the pre3 work on Tmo?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Daughain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2012, 01:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
what other patches do you have installed?
I have 16 patches installed, including Data in Device Menu. Could that be a problem?
Old 03/23/2012, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yup, because Sconix device menu patch adds configurable options for the device menu. So the framework patch is trying to touch those top bar files and is finding an error due to the data patch. I would guess remove that and it's all good.

Also keep in mind any other top bar patches could cause errors too (battery as %, etc). Once you get the sconix stuff installed and setup, if there is anything missing you want try installing after. Some may work some may not.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Thanked By: yaniv79
Old 03/23/2012, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Yup, because Sconix device menu patch adds configurable options for the device menu. So the framework patch is trying to touch those top bar files and is finding an error due to the data patch. I would guess remove that and it's all good.

Also keep in mind any other top bar patches could cause errors too (battery as %, etc). Once you get the sconix stuff installed and setup, if there is anything missing you want try installing after. Some may work some may not.
Thanks, uninstalled Data in Dev menu and GPS in Dev menu, Installed the Advanced Systems Device Menu, now I have no device menu. oh, well. . Uninstalling it all.
Old 03/23/2012, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

To get Sconix's adjustments to the device menu you need:

- advanced system menus framework AND
- advanced system menus - device menus
Old 03/24/2012, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
To get Sconix's adjustments to the device menu you need:

- advanced system menus framework AND
- advanced system menus - device menus
Yes, I know, had both installed. Device menu quit showing up.
Shneor
Old 07/21/2012, 10:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

I couldn't get sconix's patch to install, either, but then I found Jason's Device Menu Megamix, and couldn't be happier.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2012, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm having similar trouble trying to install this on my Pre2 running 2.1.

Maybe I'll try Jason's Megamix too. But I thought I would post my IPKG log when I tried to install this patches, advanced-system-menus-framework.

begin
Nothing Interesting.
verify
Nothing Interesting.
download
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
3 24402 3 918 0 0 2727 0 0:00:08 --:--:-- 0:00:08 3906
100 24402 100 24402 0 0 32356 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 37369
identify
org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
install
{"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
{ "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
{ "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
{ "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
{ "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
{ "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
mkdir-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
install-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
5 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.js.rej
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json
|+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de/strings.json
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
|--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json
|+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/fr/strings.json
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
|--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json
|+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/it/strings.json
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
remove
Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
delete
Nothing Interesting.
failed
Nothing Interesting.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2012, 12:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

What patches do you have installed? Sure we cam figure this out.
Old 08/01/2012, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
What patches do you have installed? Sure we cam figure this out.
Thanks, but I decided to remove the patch, and go with Jason's Megamix...with a few tweaks (I want the date and the battery % in numbers). It's working well.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2012, 05:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

You can still get both of those with Sconix patches just so you know. The battery % can be changed in tweaks, and the date can be added as whatever patch you want (I always add the singular patches after adding the more intensive patches to reduce errors and create a controlled test so I know exactly what is conflicting if I get an error).
Old 10/19/2012, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

put on sconix device menu but no joy ...will not show nor take tap to edit ...deleted all that and did the same as below ...put on jason's megamix and added back temperature for that, wifi cycle, data... works for me like that ...sconix ...any comments here?
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 02:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have the same issue with unlocked AT&T Pre 3 with 2.2.4
Even after full erase and webOsDoctoring most of Advanced Patches (except advanced system behavior) could not be installed

I had to use "Advanced System Menus - Framework (ATT/VZW)"
Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 06:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

I have 8 of sconix's advanced patches installed on my ATT pre3 running 2.2.4, so I know these work. Wish I could help ffigure out the issue.
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2013, 10:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

[Old thread, I know...]

FWIW, I just had to replace my 6-month old Pre 3 which first suffered a mic failure, then repeated rebooting, and finally some boot corruption (QDLOAD-Mode only). Before I really dug into fixing it, I just replaced it with another new Pre 3. For the life of me, I could not get the framework to install, even when it was the first patch on the system. This thread reminded me of Jason's mega-mix, which is apparently what I was using before, and which I was able to install.

I wonder what causes this failure on just some devices, if not a patch conflict? Perhaps something restored when the system activated in my Palm profile? My log looked similar to the one posted earlier in this thread.

Cheers
LewisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2013, 09:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

You should check out New Device Menu. Ironically I just posted this yesterday. xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch
Liked by Choorp likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0