webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Custom International Dialer. Anyone interested?
Custom International Dialer. Anyone interested?

Old 02/18/2012, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm currently working on the following patch and I was wondering if other people are interested in this as well?

We have various services here in NL where you can dial a local (fixed) number, then send a pause (p), the international number you would like to dial and a #.

This way you pay local costs on your cellphone and you get the international minutes billed from the carrier that provides you with the fixed phone number. This carrier is usually a lot cheaper then your own carrier when dialing internationally.

For example BT OneVoice Mobile Access which I have for work offers this service, but also bel1649.nl.

It basically works the following (let me take bel1649.nl as an example):

When in NL I dial there 010-7441441 number, then wait for the announcement and enter my international number I would like to dial for example +4479123456789 followed by a #.

If I want to dial this quicker without manually entering and waiting for the announcement I can do 010-7441441p004479123456789#

I currently have a proof of concept working for myself on 2.2.4 which basically does the following:

1. Adds another option to the International Calls list (besides Carrier, Skype, Always Ask there will be another option called "Custom International Dialer").

2. When you select this option as your International Calls option, when you dial an international number, it will prefix it with the number of my custom carrier. So it will automatically prefix all international numbers at dialing with 010-7441441p and suffixes it with a #.

This seems to work rather well and I was wondering if other people are interested in this as well, so I can look into making this a proper patch (probably with Tweaks, so you can set your custom dialing number, pause and suffix there)?

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/18/2012 at 03:29 PM.
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2012, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Herrie this is a wonderful thing, I was looking for this for a while.
Is something similar possible
devil.insulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2012, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

i would be interested too, didnt notice this thread before
jetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2012, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

3 here

Yes I had this idea with a "Calling Service" as skype also but no idea how difficult it is too implement. In my opinion this would be the best solution, so you are able to add a couple off calling cards.
nichtwirklich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2012, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would love a patch like this for outbound calling using my Google Voice #. Basically every phone # I call would start with 555-555-5555,,2, (my google voice number followed by a long pause the number 2 which is the option to make a call, a short pause, and then the phone number I'm calling).

This way my outgoing calls have my Google Voice # instead of the number I'm calling from, and I don't have to tweak my entire address book to add entries like 555-555-5555,,2,555-123-4567

I've tried using SynerGV's dialer, but the dialer doesn't fit on the screen, and it doesn't allow me to use names from my address book, just the phone numbers.
Old 10/24/2012, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Sorry been a while I was around in patches. Will have a look the coming weeks to see if I can get the Tweaks bit sorted....
Old 12/23/2012, 04:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
Sorry been a while I was around in patches. Will have a look the coming weeks to see if I can get the Tweaks bit sorted....

To push this thread a little bit up, would be a killer application.
Old 12/23/2012, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichtwirklich View Post
To push this thread a little bit up, would be a killer application.
Indeed, I miss being able to just tap a phone number and it dials correctly
Old 12/25/2012, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

There are two solutions imo

The first, to add a field in the addressbook entry and dial list e.g. 'dial with calling card'. Should be not that difficult.

To have it as service like skype, hmm more tricky.

For me in person, I could live with the first.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0