webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars
[Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars
Like Tree8Likes

Old 01/02/2013, 06:10 PM   #81 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Nice work! Waiting eagerly for the Enyo version
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2013, 01:39 AM   #82 (permalink)

isagar2004, hello. There is a problem.
After install that patch from Preware my pixi plus stopped working. It constantly reboots.
Alexey_2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2013, 07:14 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey_2332 View Post
isagar2004, hello. There is a problem.
After install that patch from Preware my pixi plus stopped working. It constantly reboots.
That's odd. I can't test the Preware package right now, but have you tried removing the patch using WOSQI (Tools -> Device Management -> Patches -> Check "webOS Scrollbars" -> Click "Uninstall") and reinstalling it from Preware?

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
isagar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2013, 08:45 AM   #84 (permalink)

Ok, I've tried removing the patch and reinstalling it. Same problem, phone reboots.

I attach webos-patches.log and picture on screen that appears before restarting. Maybe it will help you, if you wish to resolve that problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip scrollbars_report.zip (336.7 KB, 1 views) Email Attachment
Old 01/03/2013, 10:27 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, I've tried removing the patch and reinstalling it. Same problem, phone reboots.

I attach webos-patches.log and picture on screen that appears before restarting. Maybe it will help you, if you wish to resolve that problem.
The screenshot shows that the Mojo framework failed to load for some reason, but the webos-patches.log won't help me figure out why. Can you please attach the system log? (/var/log/messages)

EDIT: Just got back from work and found what was the problem. The fixed version is attached in the first post and was also submitted to Preware (should be in the feeds in a couple of days).

Last edited by isagar2004; 01/03/2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01/03/2013, 02:05 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
I write from phone, so I've uploaded on dropbox 2 files that was changed today.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57978800/messages.0.gz
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57978800/messages.1.gz
Thanks. I've already updated my previous post. Grab the new version from the first post or wait for it to appear in the Preware feeds.

Old 01/05/2013, 10:46 AM   #87 (permalink)

Hi Isaac,
I've installed your patch on my Veer and it works fine on MojoWhatsup.
Only a little bug, After installing the patch, scrolling on popup menus and dropdown menus (app menus) does not work very well for some apps like MojoWhatsup, Internalz Pro, Impostah. It seems it is only a problem on unofficial apps, because on official ones like contacts, e-mail, calendar, etc. it works ok.

Anyway a great contribution. Keep up the good work.
Old 01/05/2013, 11:44 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
Hi Isaac,
I've installed your patch on my Veer and it works fine on MojoWhatsup.
Only a little bug, After installing the patch, scrolling on popup menus and dropdown menus (app menus) does not work very well for some apps like MojoWhatsup, Internalz Pro, Impostah. It seems it is only a problem on unofficial apps, because on official ones like contacts, e-mail, calendar, etc. it works ok.

Anyway a great contribution. Keep up the good work.
I don't have a Veer to test on (the only webOS devices I own are a Pre 3 and a TouchPad), but it's very weird because picker popups and app menus are specifically excluded, so the scrollbars code doesn't run when they are open.

Old 01/06/2013, 12:07 AM   #89 (permalink)

So I downloaded the new version from Preware. It looks like it is working correctly. Great. Thanks.
Old 01/07/2013, 04:48 PM   #90 (permalink)

using preware patch on my pre3 2.2.4 it caused drop down lists (used for time date etc) to be very slow scrolling. After removing your patch it return to normal.

I then installed patch from your first post and it worked correctly with no slow down of drop down lists.

Can you update preware version to latest please.

Last edited by Firepower; 01/07/2013 at 05:23 PM.
Firepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 02:59 AM   #91 (permalink)
rlh

Just curious : even though your zip file on 1st post is named 0.4.7-37 when I open the patch it says 0.4.7-33, is it really the latest version ?

I tried it on PRE3 2.2.4 and its working fine except on email listings (the scrollbar tends to be a bit lost if it's too long) and on the monthly view of Uber Calendar : the vertical scrolling allowing one to slide from one month to the other is shaky and not useable. A bit like the drop down selectors bug mentioned here : [Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars.

Thanks for the good job.
rlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2013, 05:39 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh View Post
Just curious : even though your zip file on 1st post is named 0.4.7-37 when I open the patch it says 0.4.7-33, is it really the latest version ?

I tried it on PRE3 2.2.4 and its working fine except on email listings (the scrollbar tends to be a bit lost if it's too long) and on the monthly view of Uber Calendar : the vertical scrolling allowing one to slide from one month to the other is shaky and not useable. A bit like the drop down selectors bug mentioned here : [Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars.

Thanks for the good job.
Version 0.4.7-37 just fixes a bug that occurred in 0.4.7-33 only on webOS < 2.2, so there was no need to update the 2.2.x version.
I'm aware of the bug in Calendar and of the problem with lists in Mail (this is basically a problem with lists in all the built-in Apps on webOS 2.x which are written in Mojo 2). The current version is a rewrite of the Mojo code only, and therefore doesn't fix any Mojo 2 issues. I don't have much time these days, but I'll try to find the time to work on this project and release a new version as soon as possible.

Thanked by matchqq, veerar
Old 03/15/2013, 11:40 AM   #93 (permalink)
rlh

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
Version 0.4.7-37 just fixes a bug that occurred in 0.4.7-33 only on webOS < 2.2, so there was no need to update the 2.2.x version.
I'm aware of the bug in Calendar and of the problem with lists in Mail (this is basically a problem with lists in all the built-in Apps on webOS 2.x which are written in Mojo 2). The current version is a rewrite of the Mojo code only, and therefore doesn't fix any Mojo 2 issues. I don't have much time these days, but I'll try to find the time to work on this project and release a new version as soon as possible.
Thanks for the information,
one thing about the current bug in Uber Calendar : while trying the version of webos scrollbars available on preware (from 5/18/2012) I noticed that the monthly view of Uber Calendar is working normally, I don't know if you can pick up some code there to correct the problem in the most recent version of your patch but just in case...

Anyway, thank again.
rlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2013, 03:29 PM   #94 (permalink)

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to change the behavior of the patch so, that is would show the scrollbar the same way like now, but when the user stops scrolling, it would leave the scrollbar there for a few seconds and fade it away only after.
I'm asking, because sometimes I notice that I am hiding the scrollbar from myself with my finger and have to hold my finger in some weird position while scrolling to see the scrollbar (I'm righthanded).

Btw: awesome patch. Thank you for your work.
tylla is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0