webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars
[Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars
Like Tree8Likes

Old 06/20/2012, 04:21 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
I use Shopping Manager and the patch makes selecting the item category soooooo slow that I uninstalled this awesome patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shura View Post
With this patch the integer pickers and dropdown menus does not scrolls.
Does anybody have the same issue?
Yeah, it's a known issue. I don't have much time these days to work on this patch, but I'm doing my best (mostly rewriting for optimization and then trying to fix what was broken during the rewrite). I think I might be able to release an update soon (can't say when, but I hope it'll be by the end of this week) with all the fixes and optimizations (there won't be a real support for Mojo 2 lists though, only a workaround for the short ones).

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
isagar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by palmuse, Shura
Old 06/22/2012, 07:19 AM   #62 (permalink)

Update:
Version 0.4.4-73 is out with some major bug fixes, cosmetic improvements and runtime optimizations (it's another rewrite of the previous version, so now there is less code, and it's more readable and much faster).
I've submitted an update to Preware for 1.4.5. The workaround for short Mojo 2 lists isn't yet complete, so it's not included in this version and that's why I haven't submitted an update to Preware for webOS 2.0+ (just to clarify: it's not a real support, only a workaround for the short Mojo 2 lists (~150 items). If you know (or know someone who knows) Mojo 2 and know how to get all the items for a list, please let me know here or in the thread I've opened in the Palm Dev Relations forums).
Note for webOS 2.0+ users: this patch will fail to install if you have the last version of Mojo Flick Regulator installed. Uninstall it before installing this patch.

That's all. Head to the first post, download and install (or wait for the approval in Preware if you're on 1.4.5), and come back to report and leave feedback.

Last edited by isagar2004; 06/23/2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07/10/2012, 09:19 PM   #63 (permalink)

I've been using the Preware 1.4.5 version and I'm happy to say that I have had NO issues with it whatsoever. It is a thing of beauty. I even found that you fixed the double scollbars in Internalz. That was unexpected, but very nice. Also, the patch has overcome the issues in Flickr Mundo as well. That was very cool of you to go to that length. Thanks!
Old 08/03/2012, 04:04 AM   #64 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi,

first: thanks for the great patch. I have installed it on my Pre3 running webOs 2.2.4 via Preware since some time... I noticed that dropdown selectors won't scroll anymore, though.

This week I was debugging something different and was looking at the logs and saw an exception "can't set property valid of undefined" or similar, while trying to scroll through activities in impostah...

Today I looked into the code that you patch adds and changed the following:

Code:
this.calcPreFix();
} else {
this.savedData.valid = isValid;
} 
return this.savedData;
}
to

Code:
this.calcPreFix();
} else if (this.savedData) {
} else {
this.savedData = { valid: isValid };
}
return this.savedData;
}
And now the dropdown selectors scroll again. Maybe you can incorporate that or something similar into your code (maybe the else is unnecessary? No clue... just wanted to get rid of the exception. ). I don't have a clue how to submit patches, yet...
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2012, 04:26 AM   #65 (permalink)

I uninstalled this patch a long time ago due to this error (which is known in this thread already). I'm happy to see that obviously you solved the problem, although I'm surprised that the original patch creator didn't find that bug, if it's that "easy" to solve ;-) No offence, isagar2004 ;-)
Now it would be really great, if you'd tell us, in which file you changed that, what you changed. I would like to try it out and verify it on my Pre3. Would be helpful to know, if it's working on each one.

Thanks for your hopefully quick reply ;-)
Old 08/03/2012, 04:42 AM   #66 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You could try to apply the attached patch file. This is the 2.2.4 patch file from Preware feeds modified to include my fix.

I did not really test that one, but did the changes directly to the file on my device. The change was done in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtin/palmInitFramework383.js, around line 13479 (search for "savedData.valid").

I would not say that it was "easy to fix"... I did know where to look, because I saw the error message more by accident than by looking for it... and then I could just search for "valid" in the patch file and where that could go wrong because of something being undefined... And after writing some thousand lines of js code and having to handle that "undefined blahblah exceptions" a lot... I really know how to find and solve them, now...
tail -f /var/log/messages is your friend in such situations...
Attached Files
File Type: patch system-webos-scrollbars.patch (34.3 KB, 3 views) Email Attachment
Old 08/03/2012, 05:43 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
Hi,

first: thanks for the great patch. I have installed it on my Pre3 running webOs 2.2.4 via Preware since some time... I noticed that dropdown selectors won't scroll anymore, though.

This week I was debugging something different and was looking at the logs and saw an exception "can't set property valid of undefined" or similar, while trying to scroll through activities in impostah...

Today I looked into the code that you patch adds and changed the following:

Code:
this.calcPreFix();
} else {
} 
return this.savedData;
}
to

Code:
this.calcPreFix();
} else if (this.savedData) {
} else {
this.savedData = { valid: isValid };
}
return this.savedData;
}
And now the dropdown selectors scroll again. Maybe you can incorporate that or something similar into your code (maybe the else is unnecessary? No clue... just wanted to get rid of the exception. ). I don't have a clue how to submit patches, yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hergl View Post
I uninstalled this patch a long time ago due to this error (which is known in this thread already). I'm happy to see that obviously you solved the problem, although I'm surprised that the original patch creator didn't find that bug, if it's that "easy" to solve ;-) No offence, isagar2004 ;-)
Now it would be really great, if you'd tell us, in which file you changed that, what you changed. I would like to try it out and verify it on my Pre3. Would be helpful to know, if it's working on each one.

Thanks for your hopefully quick reply ;-)
Actually, I solved this bug a long time ago. A day after it first appeared, to be precise. This code is so old that it's embarrassing to look at it and remember what I did there
You can download the latest version from the first post.

Last edited by isagar2004; 08/03/2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08/03/2012, 05:50 AM   #68 (permalink)

isagar2004
does patch for Veer (2.1.2) contain that fix?

I used the patch months ago and bug was exist.
Old 08/03/2012, 06:04 AM   #69 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Obviously the newest version of the patch didn't make it into the preware feeds, then...
Old 08/03/2012, 06:09 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shura View Post
isagar2004
does patch for Veer (2.1.2) contain that fix?

I used the patch months ago and bug was exist.
Yes. Version 0.4.4 in the first post fixes this issue.

Quote:
Obviously the newest version of the patch didn't make it into the preware feeds, then...
Yep. I didn't want to submit it to Preware before fixing Mojo 2 lists. I'm very busy these days, but it's almost done. I'll release a new version soon and I'll submit it to Preware.

Thanked By: toaste
Old 08/03/2012, 06:28 AM   #71 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Oh, ok. Great.
I'll be awaiting the update then. Thanks again for the work and sorry for the uproar, I created.
Old 08/03/2012, 06:09 PM   #72 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Good stuff, myself I'd rather have this than flick regulator
Old 09/07/2012, 09:22 PM   #73 (permalink)

i'm using veer 2.2.4, and get 2 bugs with this patch applied (but not without patch)
1. any dropdown menu that is bigger than screen, showing a up/down scroll, when i scroll it, it move a little bit and stop immediately (it is expected to continue scrolling until i release my finger)
2. in contacts, group by company. the scrollbar position is wrong. it jumps up and down. it seems the list is too complex for the patch to calculate the correct position
moo.tinys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2012, 10:30 AM   #74 (permalink)

Probably a stupid question, but how do I install the newest version of the patch from the zip file in the first post? It won't download directly to my Pre 3 from either the link or the email attachment. I assume it's because it's a zip file, but how do I install the unzipped version for my phone? I tried to load it via usb but that didn't work either. Where do patch files belong? If I can't figure this out, I hope it gets put on Preware soon, because I did like the scrollbars but couldn't put up with the bad side effects of the version in Preware now. Thanks.
ilovemypreplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2012, 11:11 AM   #75 (permalink)

youŽll need "InternalZ (pro)" to install patch files directly on the device.
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2012, 12:33 PM   #76 (permalink)

Will it be easy to figure out if I get internalz?
ilovemypreplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2012, 12:38 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Probably a stupid question, but how do I install the newest version of the patch from the zip file in the first post? It won't download directly to my Pre 3 from either the link or the email attachment. I assume it's because it's a zip file, but how do I install the unzipped version for my phone? I tried to load it via usb but that didn't work either. Where do patch files belong? If I can't figure this out, I hope it gets put on Preware soon, because I did like the scrollbars but couldn't put up with the bad side effects of the version in Preware now. Thanks.
the ZIP-file includes the patch for all webOS-Version. You have to unzip the file, get in the folder (2.2.x) for your webos-version and install the patch. I couldnt extract the ZIP-file on my Pre3. I tried it with file-explorer and with internalz pro. Downloaded from my pc and installed it via webOS quick install. You can also copy the extracted file on your device and install it via preware

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2012, 02:29 PM   #78 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You can do the following step by step:

0. Install Internalz Pro
1. Download the zip on your PC
2. extract the patch file
3. connect your phone and enter USB mode
4. copy the patch file to the phone
5. disconnect the phone
6. start up InternalZ Pro
7. browse to /media/internal
8. Tab on the patch file and select "open"
9. There should be a button on the lower part that reads "install this patch" or "uninstall this patch"
9a. If it reads "uninstall this patch", then uninstall it, and it should change to "install this patch"
10. tap on "install this patch" and reboot the phone (or just luna).
Old 10/14/2012, 04:56 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
You can do the following step by step:

0. Install Internalz Pro
[...]
9. There should be a button on the lower part that reads "install this patch" or "uninstall this patch"
9a. If it reads "uninstall this patch", then uninstall it, and it should change to "install this patch"
10. tap on "install this patch" and reboot the phone (or just luna).
When I tried that it said I needed to install "AUSTM Scripts" Once I installed AUSTM Scripts via Preware, I tried again and this time I got some "hunk" errors. Using Preware to uninstall the previous version of the scroll bars patch fixed the "hunk" problem (Internalz Pro didn't show an uninstall button).

---Ben
BenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 04:58 PM   #80 (permalink)

Finally, another update to webOS Scrollbars.
Version 0.4.7-33 is another rewrite of the Mojo code core and includes many bug fixes and optimizations. It was intended to include fixes for Mojo 2 and a first working version for Enyo, but I didn't have time for that. I hope to fix it all soon and update. Meanwhile, the 0.4.7-33 update is available only for devices running 2.2.x. I will port it tonight or by tomorrow's morning to the other 3 supported webOS versions.

Have fun, and don't forget to leave your feedback.

Oh, almost forgot: Happy new year to you all, and may it be the best year webOS has ever seen!

Last edited by isagar2004; 12/31/2012 at 05:44 PM.
Thanked by cujoq37, minego, Vistaus

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0