Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 94
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    Are most users of this patch side-loading it? I tried the downloaded version (directly on to my Pre+ via the browser), renamed it to a .ipk via Internalz and it was stuck in an install loop. I've not tried going the email route as it's basically the same route as I've already tried.

    Just curious.
    First of all, it's a .patch file, not an .ipk.
    Second, use the Email attachment link, because you can't download attachments using the webOS browser.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    First of all, it's a .patch file, not an .ipk.
    Second, use the Email attachment link, because you can't download attachments using the webOS browser.
    true, it is a .patch file but Internalz can rename it & sometimes that is what needs to happen to use a patch.

    You can download attachments with the advanced browser (sorry, I didn't specify that).

    anyways, I sent it to my email, downloaded it & ran it so all is good. Thanks
  3. #43  
    Great project! Thanks so much for putting it together. I am unable to install the lastest version through InternalZ pro, as I did for the previous ones.

    Here is what the error says:
    "patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of line
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input."

    I am using a AT&T Pre plus meta-doctored to webOS 2.1.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by amazeheart View Post
    Great project! Thanks so much for putting it together. I am unable to install the lastest version through InternalZ pro, as I did for the previous ones.

    Here is what the error says:
    "patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of line
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input."

    I am using a AT&T Pre plus meta-doctored to webOS 2.1.
    You've probably downloaded it directly through your webOS device's browser, right? Unfortunately, the webOS browser cannot download files from the forums here. Try to download it to a PC and then install it on your device or using WOSQI, or use the "Email attachment" link to download it to your device.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  5.    #45  
    Good news: I think I know what's the problem with the 5 Mojo2 apps. Apparently, unlike Mojo1, Mojo2 doesn't use the Prototype JSJSJS $library$, $while$ $my$ $patch$ $depends$ $on$ $Prototype$ $functions$.
    I'll rewrite and optimize the patch in the next couple of days and I hope I'll be able to release it by the end of this week. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 05/13/2012 at 07:01 AM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  6.    #46  
    Ok, quick update:
    I still have some work to do with Mojo 2 and Enyo, but I've done all I wanted to do with Mojo 1, so I just want you to take a look and test the new 0.3.5-43 version while I'll finish rewriting Mojo 2 and dealing with the remaining Enyo pieces. At first glance it may look exactly the same as before, but under the hood it's a completely new patch that almost has nothing to do with the old one. There is a brand new bounds recognition engine and also a bunch of optimizations that should make the scrollbars code run over twice as fast as was in the old patch. There might be some bugs because of these changes and that's why I need you to test it.
    There is also a basic rewrite of the Mojo 2 code, so now it shows scrollbars in every Mojo 2-based apps too. Right now the scrollbars are quite useless in Mojo 2 lists, but I'm already working on it and I hope I'll finish this fix and the rewrite of the Mojo 2 code by the end of this week.
    Now head to the original post, download, install and come back to report bugs or any other problem.

    PS: I've added a 1.4.5 version too after the optimizations I applied to the code, and unless there are any bugs to fix this would be the final version for 1.4.5 since there is no Mojo 2 in webOS 1.x.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 05/17/2012 at 03:33 AM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  7. #47  
    What a wonderful surprise to see this cool patch make it down to webOS 1.4.5. Thank You! Working great!
    Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
  8. veerar's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Ok, quick update:
    I still have some work to do with Mojo 2 and Enyo, but I've done all I wanted to do with Mojo 1, so I just want you to take a look and test the new 0.3.5-43 version while I'll finish rewriting Mojo 2 and dealing with the remaining Enyo pieces. At first glance it may look exactly the same as before, but under the hood it's a completely new patch that almost has nothing to do with the old one. There is a brand new bounds recognition engine and also a bunch of optimizations that should make the scrollbars code run over twice as fast as was in the old patch. There might be some bugs because of these changes and that's why I need you to test it.
    There is also a basic rewrite of the Mojo 2 code, so now it shows scrollbars in every Mojo 2-based apps too. Right now the scrollbars are quite useless in Mojo 2 lists, but I'm already working on it and I hope I'll finish this fix and the rewrite of the Mojo 2 code by the end of this week.
    Now head to the original post, download, install and come back to report bugs or any other problem.

    PS: I've added a 1.4.5 version too after the optimizations I applied to the code, and unless there are any bugs to fix this would be the final version for 1.4.5 since there is no Mojo 2 in webOS 1.x.
    Just tried the version 0.3.5-43 on pre 3 2.2.4. Things seems almost the same.

    I see scrollbars in every app now, including photos and Mail, Wonderful!!

    However, the web browser is showing some weirdness. Its almost as if it is caching the previous page length and it only resets if do an out of bounds scroll. Hope that makes sense.

    Thanks for all the work!
  9. #49  
    Well, I was a bit overzealous in my last post. I have noticed a couple issues on 1.4.5.

    - Flickr Mundo - This app in particular has issues with this patch. I am guessing the issue has more to do with the app than the patch.

    The problem is threefold:
    [1] Vertical scrollbar is very large (thin but long) and does not always disappear.
    [2] The horizontal scrollbar is very wide and goes from off the top of the screen to near the bottom. It generally does disappear from the screen but not entirely (see #3)
    [3] A non-visible fragment of the horizontal scrollbar prevents the touchscreen from getting taps, flicks, or any other actions where the exaggerated scrollbar once appeared. It's like it is still there but does not show. It takes up about 1/3 of the screen left to right. I caan move it to the right and the action blocking follows the invisible scrollbar.

    I will try to post images tonight (see attached). Again, the above issue is only in Flick Mundo on 1.4.5.

    The only other issue I have noticed is that number selectors do not self close after picking a value. I have to tap outside the scroller to get it to close. This happens across most apps so is likely a patch issue on 1.4.5.

    Hope this makes sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by palmuse; 05/21/2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added photos
    Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Just tried the version 0.3.5-43 on pre 3 2.2.4. Things seems almost the same.

    I see scrollbars in every app now, including photos and Mail, Wonderful!!

    However, the web browser is showing some weirdness. Its almost as if it is caching the previous page length and it only resets if do an out of bounds scroll. Hope that makes sense.

    Thanks for all the work!
    The Mojo 2 code is a mess in this version. I'm working on some last problems and I'll release the fixed code for testing ASAP.

    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Well, I was a bit overzealous in my last post. I have noticed a couple issues on 1.4.5.

    - Flickr Mundo - This app in particular has issues with this patch. I am guessing the issue has more to do with the app than the patch.

    The problem is threefold:
    [1] Vertical scrollbar is very large (thin but long) and does not always disappear.
    [2] The horizontal scrollbar is very wide and goes from off the top of the screen to near the bottom. It generally does disappear from the screen but not entirely (see #3)
    [3] A non-visible fragment of the horizontal scrollbar prevents the touchscreen from getting taps, flicks, or any other actions where the exaggerated scrollbar once appeared. It's like it is still there but does not show. It takes up about 1/3 of the screen left to right. I caan move it to the right and the action blocking follows the invisible scrollbar.

    I will try to post images tonight. Again, the above issue is only in Flick Mundo on 1.4.5.

    The only other issue I have noticed is that number selectors do not self close after picking a value. I have to tap outside the scroller to get it to close. This happens across most apps so is likely a patch issue on 1.4.5.

    Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks for the report.
    I don't have Flickr Mundo installed, so I just downloaded Flickr Addict Lite to test it (assuming it has the same UI), but haven't seen any problems on my Pre 3. Hope the screenshots will show the problem.
    [1] Interesting. Can't tell what's the problem with the too long scrollbar (because I don't really understand what's the problem with that), but I can work a fix for the non-disappearance problem.
    [2] The next version should solve this problem.
    [3] The next version should solve problem no. 2, so it won't bother you anymore, but I'll try to change the code so it'll actually hide the scrollbar and not just change its opacity.
    Thanks again for your feedback.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Thanks for the report.
    I don't have Flickr Mundo installed, so I just downloaded Flickr Addict Lite to test it (assuming it has the same UI), but haven't seen any problems on my Pre 3. Hope the screenshots will show the problem.
    [1] Interesting. Can't tell what's the problem with the too long scrollbar (because I don't really understand what's the problem with that), but I can work a fix for the non-disappearance problem.
    [2] The next version should solve this problem.
    [3] The next version should solve problem no. 2, so it won't bother you anymore, but I'll try to change the code so it'll actually hide the scrollbar and not just change its opacity.
    Thanks again for your feedback.

    Flickr Addict Lite is the same as the Wallpaper "sub-app" in Mundo. It does not have the horizontal scrollbar issue because it only has a vertical motion (no sideways motion). On the other scenes in Mundo, you can flick sideways to change to the next page of thumbnails. This is where the stretched horizontal scrollbar appears.

    As for the vertical scrollbar, it is ok as is, but looks odd. It is much longer than a vertical scrollbar would appear in most other apps. Not unbearable. Just odd. Maybe a bit less useful too.

    Anyhow, hopefully the pic above makes it all come together for you.

    Thanks again for the cool scrollbars. I find them a very nice addition to webOS. Hopefully they find their way into a future Open webOS build.
    Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Flickr Addict Lite is the same as the Wallpaper "sub-app" in Mundo. It does not have the horizontal scrollbar issue because it only has a vertical motion (no sideways motion). On the other scenes in Mundo, you can flick sideways to change to the next page of thumbnails. This is where the stretched horizontal scrollbar appears.

    As for the vertical scrollbar, it is ok as is, but looks odd. It is much longer than a vertical scrollbar would appear in most other apps. Not unbearable. Just odd. Maybe a bit less useful too.

    Anyhow, hopefully the pic above makes it all come together for you.

    Thanks again for the cool scrollbars. I find them a very nice addition to webOS. Hopefully they find their way into a future Open webOS build.
    Ok, found the problem with Flickr Mundo. For some strange reason, the developer was a bit lazy and used the CSS selector "body > *" to apply one style to all HTML elements in the app, including my scrollbars. I changed the scrollbars code to override it and I'll release the fixed code soon.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 05/22/2012 at 04:29 AM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  13. #53  
    In the Preware2.2.4-58 version, if a program contains rolling options, become very slow. But the 2.2.4-47version is good.
  14. #54  
    Just installed the Preware version on my Pre+ (1.4.5.1).

    Tried Facebook--scrolling is noticeably slower.

    Tried To-Do Classic--worked great.

    Went to Contacts to add a birthday to an existing contact--could not flick scroll the year; could only drag scroll the year list. Since I needed to get to 1927, I gave up and removed the patch. All scrolling returned to normal.

    Great idea , but losing flick scrolling in the year list was a deal-breaker. Hope you can fix that.
    Last edited by bethel95; 05/24/2012 at 11:10 PM.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mengwen71 View Post
    In the Preware2.2.4-58 version, if a program contains rolling options, become very slow. But the 2.2.4-47version is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Just installed the Preware version on my Pre+ (1.4.5.1).

    Tried Facebook--scrolling is noticeably slower.

    Tried To-Do Classic--worked great.

    Went to Contacts to add a birthday to an existing contact--could not flick scroll the year; could only drag scroll the year list. Since I needed to get to 1927, I gave up and removed the patch. All scrolling returned to normal.

    Great idea , but losing flick scrolling in the year list was a deal-breaker. Hope you can fix that.
    Version 0.3.5-43 has some bugs that [I think] I've fixed in the version that I'll be releasing soon. I just need to finish the Mojo 2 lists part.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  16. #56  
    Hey there,

    I was happy using version 2.2.4-47 and installed 2.2.4-58 over the weekend. Afterwards, I got the same problem as mengwen and bethel, so I uninstalled the patch completely. At least, that's what I thought I did. It still shows as if it's installed, although there are no scrollbars at all. When I look into my Preware, I still can choose to remove it, but it only looks as if being removed, when pressed. Hope that will get fixed with the new version, too. Maybe it's a bug with my Pre3, don't know.

    Edit: Just tried once more to remove it, this time it worked. So forget about that ;-)
    Last edited by hergl; 06/04/2012 at 02:55 AM.
    My Palms so far: IBM Workpad 2 (R.I.P.); Palm V, upgraded to Palm Vx (still in love ); Palm Tungsten T; Palm LifeDrive, tuned with 32GB CF-Card; Palm Pre. Right now: Pre3 and TouchPad.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by hergl View Post
    Hey there,

    I was happy using version 2.2.4-47 and installed 2.2.4-58 over the weekend. Afterwards, I got the same problem as mengwen and bethel, so I uninstalled the patch completely. At least, that's what I thought I did. It still shows as if it's installed, although there are no scrollbars at all. When I look into my Preware, I still can choose to remove it, but it only looks as if being removed, when pressed. Hope that will get fixed with the new version, too. Maybe it's a bug with my Pre3, don't know.

    Edit: Just tried once more to remove it, this time it worked. So forget about that ;-)
    Yeah, well, I was busy last week and didn't have time for anything. Hope to release the fixed version this week with full Mojo 2 support.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

    Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  18. #58  
    Just wanted to say thanks for creating this patch and to keep up the good work!
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
  19. mgmft's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #59  
    I use Shopping Manager and the patch makes selecting the item category soooooo slow that I uninstalled this awesome patch.
  20. #60  
    With this patch the integer pickers and dropdown menus does not scrolls.
    Does anybody have the same issue?
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions