Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #21  
    Version 0.1.1 brings Mojo 2 support. Unfortunately, I still can't get the Email, Contacts, Accounts, Photos and Exihibition apps to show scrollbars. There is some problem with the Dom in these apps that prevents me from extending the body element with the scrollbars HTML code (I get the "[object HTMLBodyElement] has no method 'insert'" error).
    2.1 version also attached in the first post.
    Known issues:
    - The "Formats" scene in the Regional Settings app and the "Conversation" scene in the Messaging app returns some really weird and random values, which causes the scrollbar to jump back and forth. It's a problem with the scroller widget that I can't fix.
    - The browser horizontal scrollbar is a bit higher than its right place. This will be fixed in the next version.

Download, install and report back.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 02/25/2012 at 03:49 PM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Anyone have success installing this patch with the following patches?

Mojo Flick Regulator
    Mojo FPS Booster
    Mojo Smooth Scrolling
    Mojo Tap Responsiveness

I am getting an error which I presume to be related to the fact that the above also touch the framework file. I would like to know before I remove the other patches to test this one. Be nice to have them all working. Maybe we need a SUPER MOJO patch to combine them???

I have webos 1.4.5, btw.
    I have all the Mojo patches installed - no issues installing this one.

@isagar2004
    What can you do about the double bars showing in some apps (Internalz Pro, for e.g., has its own bars)? I take it there's no easy solution.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Anyone have success installing this patch with the following patches?

Mojo Flick Regulator
    Mojo FPS Booster
    Mojo Smooth Scrolling
    Mojo Tap Responsiveness

I am getting an error which I presume to be related to the fact that the above also touch the framework file. I would like to know before I remove the other patches to test this one. Be nice to have them all working. Maybe we need a SUPER MOJO patch to combine them???

I have webos 1.4.5, btw.
    It has nothing to do with those patches. My patch just hasn't been ported to work with 1.4.5 yet, and it won't be until I'm sure that it works fine on 2.x.

Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I have all the Mojo patches installed - no issues installing this one.

@isagar2004
    What can you do about the double bars showing in some apps (Internalz Pro, for e.g., has its own bars)? I take it there's no easy solution.
    I was actually thinking on a way to exclude the scenes that already have scrollbars. I just need a list of apps (and if an app is a paid app and I don't have it, I'll need you to find the exact HTML code where the scrollbars are defined and post the 'id' attribute of the scrollbars HTML element).
    Last edited by isagar2004; 02/24/2012 at 05:36 AM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    It has nothing to do with those patches. My patch just hasn't been ported to work with 1.4.5 yet, and it won't be until I'm sure that it works fine on 2.x.
    Well, that explains all of my failed attempts. I thought that Mojo 1 meant 1.4.5. Thanks for you efforts here.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I assume that I need to install either of the two patches attached in the first msg.

I can install the Mojo1 version. However, I cannot install the Mojo2 version. I get error messages in palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs $and$ $palmInitFramework298$.$js$.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    I assume that I need to install either of the two patches attached in the first msg.

I can install the Mojo1 version. However, I cannot install the Mojo2 version. I get error messages in palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs $and$ $palmInitFramework298$.$js$.
    They both patch Mojo AND Mojo2. The second one is just for webOS 2.1 (while the first is for 2.2.x).
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    They both patch Mojo AND Mojo2. The second one is just for webOS 2.1 (while the first is for 2.2.x).
    Ah, makes sense. I am running 2.2.4 on the pre3. So the 2nd patch shouldnt install on my phone.

I didnt find anything weird after I installed the patch.

Great work!
    Thanks!
    i patched just now on my PRE2 from preware...n its works perfectly . though preware threw some errors while updating the feeds.....anyway...thankyou ..Isaac Garzon
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    29 posts and not a single ****ing screenshot..

#FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

#FAIL
    Have you tried pressing Opt + Sym +P while simultaneously trying to keep an active scroll going? Not easy, friend.

http://www.webosnation.com/patch-scr...smartphone-app
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    theres some oddness in the music app
    i have about 270 songs in it, and when scrolling the song list, it's judt one big bar scrolling and telepoting back to te top when it reaches the bottom
    (please excuse my typos)
    otherwise, well done
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

#FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Have you tried pressing Opt + Sym +P while simultaneously trying to keep an active scroll going? Not easy, friend.

http://www.webosnation.com/patch-scr...smartphone-app
    Not easy indeed. I asked a friend to help me with that and added some screenshots to the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    theres some oddness in the music app
    i have about 270 songs in it, and when scrolling the song list, it's judt one big bar scrolling and telepoting back to te top when it reaches the bottom
    (please excuse my typos)
    otherwise, well done
    Yeah, it's a problem with long lists in some Mojo2 apps. I'm not sure that there is a way to fix it, but I'll see what I can do about it.
    webOS Scrollbars

I received an error trying to install this on my 2.1.2 Veer:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to apply webos-scrollbars-21.patch

The text leading up to this was:
    -----------------------------------
    |---.org/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/parmInitFramework298.jsjsjs
    File to Patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored

*** FAILED ***
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    I received an error trying to install this on my 2.1.2 Veer:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to apply webos-scrollbars-21.patch

The text leading up to this was:
    |---.org/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/parmInitFramework298.jsjsjs
    File to Patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored

*** FAILED ***
    .org? That's weird. Try to download again and reinstall.
    webOS Scrollbars

.org? That's weird. Try to download again and reinstall.
    Sorry, I had to hand-type that... it should read ".orig/usr/..."

I downloaded it again and same problem.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Not easy indeed. I asked a friend to help me with that and added some screenshots to the first post.
    Hee hee , I remember when I was adding fade to the original browser scrollbars, this was a big challenge. But it helped that I was using a slower fade and so I could manage it after 4 or 5 tries.

Wonder how your friend managed it with such a fast fade.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    Sorry, I had to hand-type that... it should read ".orig/usr/..."

I downloaded it again and same problem.
    Yeah, I just checked the 2.1.2 doctor. Apparently, the file name is different than the 2.1. I've added a 2.1.2 version to the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hee hee , I remember when I was adding fade to the original browser scrollbars, this was a big challenge. But it helped that I was using a slower fade and so I could manage it after 4 or 5 tries.

Wonder how your friend managed it with such a fast fade.
    We worked together. I took the screenshot while he did the scrolling
    webOS Scrollbars

Yeah, I just checked the 2.1.2 doctor. Apparently, the file name is different than the 2.1. I've added a 2.1.2 version to the first post.
    Thanks, that did the trick.
    Are most users of this patch side-loading it? I tried the downloaded version (directly on to my Pre+ via the browser), renamed it to a .ipk via Internalz and it was stuck in an install loop. I've not tried going the email route as it's basically the same route as I've already tried.

Just curious.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast