Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Sorry for the long diatribe, but having to explain what my patch does over and over and over again doth not a happy developer make.
    hehe. Sorry about that, just have never noticed it. Guess I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  2.    #22  
    No worries the patch (save for the email swipe-to-delete stuff) was merged into the master branch of enyo-1.0 earlier, so we may be seeing it in a future update unless Enyo 2.0 comes first.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Thanks for the longer explanation. I do see the difference in the email client now that you've pointed out what to compare. I never noticed it before but have to respect that level of attention to detail.
    I'm having a problem. I recently did an Erase Apps & Data, then batch re-installed my Preware packages by restoring my previous Saved Packages List and installing from that. However, Enyo Smooth Scrolling would not reinstall, and I get this error:

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***

Nor can I uninstall the patch, since Preware lists it as available. I tried using Emergency Patch Recovery, AUSMT Recovery Basic, AUSMT Recovery Full, Emergency Reconstruction Utility and Emergency Patch Installer, but none of these corrected the problem.

Advice?
    I forgot to mention that Enyo Smooth Scrolling and one other patch were the only two that wouldn't reinstall -- 32 other patches reinstalled successfully. I realize that the patch is still applied after an Erase Apps & Data, but since it isn't listed as such in Preware, I won't be alerted of any updates to the patch, much less be able to install them.
  6.    #26  
    Sounds like a trip to the webOS Doctor or webOS Repair Utility is in order. Repair Utility is probably the preferable choice, since it doesn't erase everything on your device. Imo if you're going to do an Erase Apps and Data, you may as well Doctor it anyway. Ends up with a much cleaner install.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Sounds like a trip to the webOS Doctor or webOS Repair Utility is in order. Repair Utility is probably the preferable choice, since it doesn't erase everything on your device. Imo if you're going to do an Erase Apps and Data, you may as well Doctor it anyway. Ends up with a much cleaner install.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if webOS Repair Utility worked with the latest version of webOS, but I'll try it on your advice. Also good advice on doctoring.

EDIT: webOS Repair Utility doesn't seem to work with the latest version of webOS. It tells me my webOS doctor version doesn't correspond to the webOS version installed on my device, which is false.
    Last edited by giantslor; 05/02/2012 at 03:06 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12