Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twack
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    G'morning everyone,

I'm working on a patch for WFD (What's for Dinner) to get it be TouchPad friendly. Just curious to how many people use the app. Please make yourself known..

Thanks,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    goldyman likes this.
    Me wants...

But would be better if the app is re-coded on Enyo. Would work so much better, just slide the pages back and forth to switch recipes.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Me wants...

But would be better if the app is re-coded on Enyo. Would work so much better, just slide the pages back and forth to switch recipes.
    I've got that working already. Pretty nice to be able to search for or flick between them.

Cheers,
    TWack

I use my touchpad in the kitchen for music. The last two times I was actually using a printed book for my recipes (bitman), but now I've got it on pdf. But I do have and use "what's for dinner".

So, thanks!
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    yes please. As much as I like EPI i'd like a cookbook that doesn't require a connection
    +1 i'm so hungry and need this to work better on my touchpad. <------ overly dramatic but you get the idea.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Might be able to convince the gf to use it

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    +1. Been eagerly awaiting full-screen WFD.
    How did I ever miss this thread.

Heck YES! That would be awesome.

Are you still working on it?

I was trying it on my android Touchpad, but it has import bugs, besides, a webOS version could be much better. Of course I'd be happy if it was just full screen with back buttons added. I really don't like android!
    Long Live Palm
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have used What's for dinner ever since it first appeared in the app cat. Being a culinary student and chef I do indeed use the app quite often for references and new menu ideas. I for one who has pre3 and tp do indeed have a demand for it. I find it very useful.
    Yes!. The Android version has the extremely useful menu feature, but the app's layout is so bad it makes it almost unusable (for me, anyway) and it won't import my WebOS recipes, even after converting them.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Yes!. The Android version has the extremely useful menu feature, but the app's layout is so bad it makes it almost unusable (for me, anyway) and it won't import my WebOS recipes, even after converting them.
    Katefields,

Do you think I should post the TP patch as is? I don't have the time to tweak it any better for some time to come. Let me know and I can put it up if yes.

Twack
    TWack