• 1 Post By zclash
  • 1 Post By sketch42
  • 1 Post By ShiftyAxel
  • 3 Post By ShiftyAxel
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Hello all webOS,
    I am useing a "HP Pre3", and my brother is using a "Pre 2" right now both on tmobile, and because of this we are forced to see the evil "E"... I know gahh! x(
    So was wondering if it would be posible to create a patch to change the icon?
    I know it will be not change anything really, but just that we have to see that "E" all the time! (other than on wifi) I would like to see a 3G or even a 4G/H+ lol please!
    Last edited by zclash; 01/10/2012 at 11:28 AM.
    I believe there are already patches for this if I am not mistaken

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I'v looked in preware i see the patches that jason made will those work?
    I'v looked in preware i see the patches that jason made will those work?
    if you see them, then they should work.. Preware only shows you what will work with your device/os vers ..

Balooz likes this.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    but in the details it says it will change the "3G icon to 4G" or another that says "H/H+ to 4G" and nothing about the "E".
    why dont you just try it? You can uninstall it.

Its not going to blow up your device I promise.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    you are right i should have just done that 1st lol i apologize and will post the results thanks
    Balooz likes this.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Okay I have tried all of the four different patches and none change the "E" icon
    Its an easy thing to patch.. You can manually do it by the way.. Or you can request Jason to make it in his thread.. Or wait till I get home 7 hours or so :-P

zclash likes this.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    thats cool i've always wated to try to make a patch or something like that i've just started to learn html code...(i need to find his thread)... Anyways that would be great if you could i'd hit that donate button for sure x)
    One moment please, I got this.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    zclash likes this.
    There we go, done and done. I've made E to anything considerably faster/better than E. I can knock together Ev and 1x patches too if you like, but they're just the CDMA equivalents of EDGE and GPRS.

I also decided to be slightly silly and make E to R and E to the roaming triangle, in case you want something totally out there. Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 01/10/2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Actually uploaded patches. Hurr.
    rmausser, zclash and sketch42 like this.
    Btw what does the E stand for? I know Ev is for EVDO what is E?
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    OMG I Love this community you are all awesome! and "E" stands for edge aka 2/2.5G
    Last edited by zclash; 01/10/2012 at 06:10 PM.
    So does your phone seem faster if it says 3G instead of E? Does it seem faster still if you switch the icon to 4G?

Earlier today my Edge data was so slow I couldn't even get Bing Maps to load... maybe with one of these patches it would work better?

All we need now is an "L" icon for Ludicrous Speed, and then of course a Plaid icon.
    Loiter likes this.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    lol no it's more of a cosmetic fix no change in speed you're going to want to use wifi when possible
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    So does your phone seem faster if it says 3G instead of E? Does it seem faster still if you switch the icon to 4G?

Earlier today my Edge data was so slow I couldn't even get Bing Maps to load... maybe with one of these patches it would work better?

All we need now is an "L" icon for Ludicrous Speed, and then of course a Plaid icon.
    Ludicrous speed and plaid...I would pay for that. I would also pay for a patch that let me "jam" nearby fruit phones.
    I'll get cracking on a 'Melt Nearby iPhones' patch, shall I? :P

Also if you really want plaid and L that badly I'd be happy to have a crack at icon editing
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 01/11/2012 at 02:04 PM.