1.    #1  
    By default, the Mojo ImageView widget limits your zoom factor by resizing your photo to a maximum dimension of 1536 pixels. If you have a 4000x3000 photo, this means you won't be able to zoom in very much. This patch raises the max dimension to 12288 (12 times the native resolution of the TouchPad) to let you really zoom into your photos.

This affects only the Mojo ImageView, so this won't help with the TouchPad's stock Photos app (which was built on Enyo). There is probably a similar setting available to be patched in Enyo, but it isn't addressed by this specific patch.

My apps Slide RSS and Slide Master do both use the Mojo ImageView, so they can both take good advantage of this patch.

Let me know if you'd like to use this on any other version of webOS and I'll try to port the patch. Currently attached versions are for:
    • 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2 (use the 2.1.0 patch)
    • 2.2.0, 2.2.3, 2.2.4 (use the 2.2.4 patch)
    • 3.0.2, 3.0.4. 3.0.5 (use the 3.0.4 patch)

For details on why large images can be somewhat blurry even after using this patch, see this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by appsotutely; 01/29/2012 at 10:21 PM.
    A million thx!
    This was badly needed.

BTW: will it work well w/ this patch (Immediately load high resolution)?

Thx again!
    Last edited by p41m3r; 01/05/2012 at 06:41 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    A million thx!
    This was badly needed.

BTW: will it work well w/ this patch (Immediately load high resolution)?

Thx again!
    These two patches don't appear to conflict, but it looks like the stock Photos app may be using an app-specific version of the ImageView widget instead of using the ImageView widget that's available to developers, so my patch may not be effective with the stock Photos app. I'd like to get feedback on which apps that this patch does help with though.
    Thx!

And you're correct; your patch does not seem to have an effect on the stock photos app. Is the version on the Pre3 also Enyo-based?
  5.    #5  
    The stock Photos app on 1.4.5.1 does use the stock Mojo ImageView widget, so I've taken some screenshots to demonstrate the difference in magnification you can get. The source photo is the photo in today's NASA's Large Photo of the Day RSS Feed - a 6MB photo with dimensions of 2834x2163.

The first set of three screenshots are from my app Slide RSS and the second set are from the stock Photos app (the device is a Verizon Pixi Plus). In each set, the first screenshot shows the picture fully zoomed out and centered on the screen. The second screenshot shows the picture at its maximum zoom for a device without the patch, while the third screenshot shows the picture at its maximum zoom for a device which does have the patch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #6  
    Thx!

And you're correct; your patch does not seem to have an effect on the stock photos app. Is the version on the Pre3 also Enyo-based?
    The Pre3 Photos app is still Mojo-based, but it's customized well beyond the version that was on webOS 1.4.5. A patch will probably have to directly be made to the Photos app instead of to this widget.
    Ok then, it seems from the pics above that I can simply buy Slide Master and use it as my default photo handler? Is it capable of replacing the Photos app or is it strictly for slide shows? One by one viewing/zooming is more important to me.
  8.    #8  
    Ok then, it seems from the pics above that I can simply buy Slide Master and use it as my default photo handler? Is it capable of replacing the Photos app or is it strictly for slide shows? One by one viewing/zooming is more important to me.
    Slide Master is designed more for slideshows, but it should be able to serve your purposes as a photo viewer. It could probably use some additional tweaks to let you go directly from the Album thumbnail view to a fullscreen view of a single photo. If you post into the Slide Master thread with your requirements for a Photo Viewer, I can answer more specifically.
  9.    #9  
    The 3.0.4 patch works as is for 3.0.5 as well.