1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I woke up this morning to see my Palm Pre 2 (US) cheerfully reporting that an update is available to install Webos 2.3.4. Does anybody know how patches for 2.1.0 will work on this yet? This is the "official" list changes that I can see (which doesn't provide too much info or what they did under the hood): Changelog for Pre 2 webOS 2.2.4: on Twitpic.

I have many, many patches installed (especially the ones by sconix =) to give me the functionality I need, so the changeover is simply not worth it if I have to sacrifice those

Thanks. And Merry Christmas everyone
    2.1 patches mostly don't work on 2.2.4, but a large number of patches have already been updated and are in the 2.2.4 feeds. My Pre3 already shows well over 100 available.

One note: on the pre3 doing an OTA to 2.2.4 with sconix's 'Advanced...' patches installed results in a Luna reboot loop that can only be cured by EPR or the Doctor if that fails.

I don't know if the Pre2 is afflicted the same way, but it couldn't hurt to remove those first. At least turn dev mode on before the update just in case.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the info and the warning about the OTA and sconix's patches. I think I'll hold off on the update until all of the patches I currently have installed are 2.3.4 compatible. When they are, I'll remove the "Advanced" stuff before and then reinstall.

=)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
    thanks for the info and the warning about the OTA and sconix's patches. I think I'll hold off on the update until all of the patches I currently have installed are 2.3.4 compatible. When they are, I'll remove the "Advanced" stuff before and then reinstall.

=)
    You do mean, 2.2.4, right?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    heh, yeah that's three times he said 2.3.4.. once I'll forgive, maybe twice, but 3 times and off with his head!