Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ShiftyAxel
  • 1 Post By ShiftyAxel
  • 1 Post By Sanjay
  • 1 Post By Saijin_Naib
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE: Mojo Smooth Scrolling 2.1
    Finally, diagonal scrolling HAS COME BACK to the Browser (and other applications that use dominant scrolling.)
    Patches attached at the end of this post and have been submitted to Preware. They may not show up for a while however, I believe webOS Internals are having some issues with patch submissions.

Mojo Smooth Scrolling 2.0
    Season's patchings to all, I've managed to modify Mojo's Scroller widget and eliminate the choppy drag scrolling. Before, it would check how far in pixels the user's finger had moved, and immediately move the page by that amount. Now it checks how far the user's finger has moved and animates the page moving to the new finger position.

In short: Drag-scrolling is now much smoother, system-wide.

webOS 1.4.5 version now available!

I've also updated my other Mojo patches to make them work system-wide in webOS 2.x and 3.x. Previously only Mojo 1.0 was patched (Third-party Apps & 1.4.5 Core Apps) and now Mojo 2.0 is also (2.x Core Apps & Facebook).
    (Someone correct me if I'm wrong- I don't know of any third-party apps that use Mojo 2.0)

All patches listed here have been submitted and will be available in Preware soon, they may also make your device super-smooth, your statutory rights are not affected. Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 01/02/2012 at 10:02 AM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    lephilwld likes this.
  2.    #2  
    Updated Mojo Patches:
    Mojo Flick Regulator
    Mojo FPS Booster
    Mojo Tap Responsiveness

3.0 versions in next post.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 12/23/2011 at 02:37 PM.
    lephilwld likes this.
  3.    #3  
    (cont'd due to attachment limit)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 12/23/2011 at 02:37 PM.
    Nice! Are they already subscribed to preware?
  5.    #5  
    If you had read the end of the OP, you'd know

(yes)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    If you had read the end of the OP, you'd know

(yes)
    Sorry
  7.    #7  
    1.4.5 version now available, see OP
    Thanks for all your work. But if you could, please find a fix, for what we really, really, really need, i.e. for the terribly laggy 'Phone app' in webOS 2.2.x. I think that would be the single greatest improvement to webOS 2.2.x and one that I just cannot understand how and why HP has ignored to fix even in 2.2.4. After all, the phone app is unarguably the most important app in a phone.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    xandros9 likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Ah yes, the new Enyo phone app. I imagine it would be pretty awesome if Enyo actually ran at all well on 2.x devices :| and I'm not sure if I can do anything about that without the source code to the compiled parts. I've been planning to poke around inside enyo though, so stay tuned for any improvements I can make
    There isn't a fix because Enyo is retardedly slow on the phones. The best fix would be an improvement to the Enyo framework. The phone app isn't that bad...

(Testing these new patches atm...)

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Much love Shifty. Have some donations
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Ah yes, the new Enyo phone app. I imagine it would be pretty awesome if Enyo actually ran at all well on 2.x devices :| and I'm not sure if I can do anything about that without the source code to the compiled parts. I've been planning to poke around inside enyo though, so stay tuned for any improvements I can make
    Wish you luck with your poking around. By the way, any idea why, if HP could not get Enyo to work properly on the phones, they couldn't just leave well enough alone? What was so compelling about switching the phone app to enyo?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    ... the new phone app has all the new Synergy support, particularly for Skype (and presumably if it's possible to get anything else to interact with the phone Synergy, then that would go too)

Enyo works fine on the phones, although there are some problems with the WebKit version that is used. They were primarily concerned with getting the Maps and Phone apps working in Enyo, so anything not used in those is not tested especially well.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14.    #14  
    I think a lot of the performance enhancements everyone's waiting for will come when we get the source and can keep WebKit, node.jsjsjs $and$ $V8$ $up$-$to$-$date$.
    Shifty, will that be platform version independent?

IE, those of us stuck on 1.4.5 will get the same level V8/WebKit as 2.x and 3.x branches?
  16.    #16  
    It depends on how things progress once we get the sources. As-Is I don't think 1.4.5's webkit, node and v8 can just be replaced with the latest versions, it's programmed around a certain set and a few things would probably break if you did that. I think the best to hope for is an update to bring legacy devices up to one of the current webOS versions.