Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would PM the dev of the original patch but he hasnt logged on since last month..could anyone update this patch so it works with the pre3?

[PATCH] Date with AM/PM indicator in Top Bar
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I would PM the dev of the original patch but he hasnt logged on since last month..could anyone update this patch so it works with the pre3?

[PATCH] Date with AM/PM indicator in Top Bar
    Just install it from Preware. It's working perfectly on the Pre3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
  3.    #3  
    As in from the feeds? as it does show up there..or do you mean installing it manually
    As in from the feeds? as it does show up there..or do you mean installing it manually
    Yes, from the feeds. Did you try it and it didn't work for you?
    webOS Scrollbars

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Is there a similar patch for the Touchpad (just the date, I don't want AM/PM)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Yes, from the feeds. Did you try it and it didn't work for you?
    It does not show up in the feeds I triple checked (unless there is a different named patch there) but the one that I linked too I cannot find.
    It does not show up in the feeds I triple checked (unless there is a different named patch there) but the one that I linked too I cannot find.
    You right. I thought you meant the AM-PM indicator patch. Here is an updated version of the patch you want. I've also submitted it to Preware. Enjoy.

EDIT: Lower case version also added.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 12/28/2011 at 05:47 PM.
    webOS Scrollbars

well, it does not work on my Pre3. doesn't show anything (should be showing the date, though). yes, I restarted luna.
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    well, it does not work on my Pre3. doesn't show anything (should be showing the date, though). yes, I restarted luna.
    Works perfectly on my Pre3. Did you install the "Date with AM-PM Indicator" patch?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    webOS Scrollbars

sure I did (on my unbranded german Pre3 with 2.2.4.3175 since about an hour or so).

it reads that it would show the date and, if configured in "country settings", the am/pm indicator. on my Pre3 it doesn' t show anything, so itīs a little hard to tell you anything more about it. I do have the advanced system prefs patches installed, but no advanced system menu patch. does that help?
    If you see the patch as installed in Preware, please attach the /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $I$'$ll$ $take$ $a$ $look$ $and$ $see$ $if$ $there$'$s$ $any$ $conflict$.
    webOS Scrollbars

I canīt try right now - "resolving host timed out"

update: here it is. I assume you mean the one after installation? I' ve had to rename it to TXT.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by juggernaut; 12/21/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    I canīt try right now - "resolving host timed out"

update: here it is. I assume you mean the one after installation? I' ve had to rename it to TXT.
    Checked it, but can't see anything that can cause the problem you describe. Sorry.
    webOS Scrollbars

Works perfectly on my Pre3. Did you install the "Date with AM-PM Indicator" patch?
    your pic does the same as the patch on my pre3, yeah it adds the date but even when you change the time from 24hrs to 12, no actual AM/PM indicator is added.

Also if your carrier string is too long the carrier string and date can overlap one another, so im using the patch to make the carrier string just "HP webOS" as my full one is much longer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 12/24/2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    your pic does the same as the patch on my pre3, yeah it adds the date but even when you change the time from 24hrs to 12, no actual AM/PM indicator is added.

Also if your carrier string is too long the carrier string and date can overlap one another, so im using the patch to make the carrier string just "HP webOS" as my full one is much longer.
    Yeah...
    Well, this is what you get when you use someone else's code. I've corrected this problem and submitted an update to Preware. Expect it in the coming days.
    webOS Scrollbars

Yeah...
    Well, this is what you get when you use someone else's code. I've corrected this problem and submitted an update to Preware. Expect it in the coming days.
    legend, cheers.
    Checked it, but can't see anything that can cause the problem you describe. Sorry.
    Thereīs no problem, just no function. I can neither see the date nor the AM/PM indicator (even if I change my time settings to be 12-hour, which is not my standard).
    Thereīs no problem, just no function. I can neither see the date nor the AM/PM indicator (even if I change my time settings to be 12-hour, which is not my standard).
    The function has the patch code and your phone is ignoring it. That's a big problem.
    webOS Scrollbars

OK, but what can I do about it?
    OK, but what can I do about it?
    Try to uninstall the patch and reinstall it from Preware feeds.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 12/27/2011 at 09:28 AM.
    webOS Scrollbars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast