Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Thanks! Is this project open source? I'd like to make a similar widget for weather or maybe a little news reader.
    Garrett92C likes this.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    Thanks! Is this project open source? I'd like to make a similar widget for weather or maybe a little news reader.
    Feel free to use any parts you'd like. Looking forward to see how your weather widget compares to the one I'm working on.
    Feel free to use any parts you'd like. Looking forward to see how your weather widget compares to the one I'm working on.

Them's Fightin' Werds!!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I haven't begun yet. But over the holidays I need something to do... If you are already developing one, I think I start with the news Widget or something other
  5.    #45  
    I haven't begun yet. But over the holidays I need something to do... If you are already developing one, I think I start with the news Widget or something other
    I'm not that far into it yet. Feel free to make one too! I have lots of other stuff to work on anyway... lol
    I think Garrett has that in the works too ... Lol... He has everything in the works

... Side note.. Garrett .. The guys @ palm must like you bec. Your name keeps getting capitalized by auto correct! 2.2.4

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I think Garrett has that in the works too ... Lol... He has everything in the works

... Side note.. Garrett .. The guys @ palm must like you bec. Your name keeps getting capitalized by auto correct! 2.2.4

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    No news widget is in the works. I don't feel like making one... lol

Nice, 2.2.4 recognizes "Garrett" as a name now, I guess. lol
    Which weather api do you use? Google?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I am not sure that this is worth overly worrying about, but I note that after viewing the data in the widget, it always takes a double tap on the screen to get back to doing things. I love having this and look forward to more!

It is apperant that pre3 att 2.2.4 is consuming more power when sleeping and dark than it did with an identical configuration under 2.2.3

Thanks again Garrett, Happy Holidays to you and yours.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
  10.    #50  
    Which weather api do you use? Google?
    I use Yahoo since I'm already familiar with it. Weatherbug API looks promising too.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I am not sure that this is worth overly worrying about, but I note that after viewing the data in the widget, it always takes a double tap on the screen to get back to doing things. I love having this and look forward to more!

It is apperant that pre3 att 2.2.4 is consuming more power when sleeping and dark than it did with an identical configuration under 2.2.3

Thanks again Garrett, Happy Holidays to you and yours.
    That's weird... I'll look into it. I think I finally got my Pre3 up and running again, so I can get back to testing.

Glad you're enjoying it! There will definitely be more widgets coming in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I am not sure that this is worth overly worrying about, but I note that after viewing the data in the widget, it always takes a double tap on the screen to get back to doing things.
    If you mean, that when you view the "widget" and then tap the screen, this is the normal behavior for notifications (like this fine widget).
    First tab closes the open notification and the second goes to the app you are viewing.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    No, I mean I tap the screen to make the widget go to an icon. Then I tap the quick kaunch bar to run an app and nothing happens and then I tap it again and its fine.

BTW this is on the pre3, hadn't tried the touchpad yet.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hey Garrett! I like the new app. Great idea using the dashboard. Much more real estate available than the status bar.

Looking forward to your weather app!

I am really glad to see you continuing development on webOS.
    Works fine on my Pre- with 1.4.5 straight up with enyo (Maps) update. Very cool. Looking forward to more apps like this.

Should these Enyo apps have their own home on the forums?
    It would be neat if someone made an enyo dashboard app that hooks into the Govnah details. Just a thought.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    It would be neat if someone made an enyo dashboard app that hooks into the Govnah details. Just a thought.
    I'd assume that would be simple to do. May look into it after work if I have some time...
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/05/2012 at 11:35 AM.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Not working for me
    TP16Gb webOS v.3.0.5
    Do you have the Dr.Battery app installed too? For now, Battery Widget needs it since I'm using it's service to get the battery info.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  19.    #59  
    Battery Widget is now available in the webOSNation homebrew repository. It should show up in the Preware feeds shortly.

Battery Widget | webOS Nation
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    This one slipped past me, but I had a Pre- at the time, when it came out. Looks good, guess I might as well dig around and see what else I missed
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Garrett92C likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast