Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    portrait
    w/ screen size code: things scaled beautifully
    w/o code: only 3/4 of settings visible

landscape
    w/ screen size code: about 3/4 visible like portrait mode w/o the code
    w/o code: only 1/2 visible

At no point were the dialogs scrollable to reveal the hidden parts and, as seen in the top, right of the first pic, they wont automatically center or redraw when orientation changes.
    Happy it looks nice on the Pre3 (right?) in portrait with the screen size code. I am going to look at how the screen size code works on my Touchpad (if good I will get it added to the general code or if not good then a special Pre3 edition). Two known "issues" (not auto recentering and not scrollable) which weren't that important to me at least but if there is demand then I can fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    If the PDF has bookmarks (TOC) they are available by tapping the page icon next to the Save As button. User bookmarks can be added or selected using the bookmark icon.
    thanks for the quick response. I have tried hitting the ''page'' symbol like yo said but it says ''Document has no bookmarks''. I know for sure that this doc has bookmarks 'cause when I open it up on my laptop they show up. Any suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by lov2fly View Post
    thanks for the quick response. I have tried hitting the ''page'' symbol like yo said but it says ''Document has no bookmarks''. I know for sure that this doc has bookmarks 'cause when I open it up on my laptop they show up. Any suggestion?
    People were having issues with opening some bookmarks with AR rendering them. This might not be fixed until we get an mupdf rendering update.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    And it's only the table of contents that shows up. PDF files can have bookmarks that are not a table of contents, these will not show up.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Nearly done with the update. It still needs some polish to not spam your syslog (which is my debugging device ) and I have one deadlock in the library code to track down, but it doesn't seem to crash on that one. Monday the latest. And it's nearly as fast as I would like it to be

knownboyofno, I'll implement finding afterwards, don't have the time to do this this weekend.

Regarding non-TOC bookmarks, I think I know where they reside. I'll give that a go after finding-support. And then djvu

Man, a lot of work …
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Done. Download at the usual place ( http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12499216/arxservice ). I will make a less verbose version tomorrow, but this already works (with password support ).

If you downloaded the service before now (= 23.1.2012 11:10 CET), download it again. It a some major problems with large files.

And by the way, there was a patch somewhere that raised the amount of pages that the reader pre-loads. That would profit a lot from the modifications I made.
    Last edited by filmor_; 01/23/2012 at 04:15 AM.
    knownboyofno and kjhenrie like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Done. Download at the usual place ( http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12499216/arxservice ). I will make a less verbose version tomorrow, but this already works (with password support ).

If you downloaded the service before now (= 23.1.2012 11:10 CET), download it again. It a some major problems with large files.

And by the way, there was a patch somewhere that raised the amount of pages that the reader pre-loads. That would profit a lot from the modifications I made.
    Yea, I have included one in the patch menu. I see another way but need to test that out. By the way I will LOVE djvu support. I have been looking for a djvu reader on the touchpad.
    Thanks to all the developers for this great patch!!!
  9.    #169  

Nice work filmor_ I'll get an ipk uploaded soon.

Edit: MuPDF version is ready to download from the OP.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 01/23/2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: New version notification
    double tap now works very good. Thanks.
    Can someone give me a run-down of the differences between the Adobe & mupdf renderer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Can someone give me a run-down of the differences between the Adobe & mupdf renderer?
    Simply Adobe renderer is the one that came with the touchpad and does everything. The mupdf renderer doesn't print but renders pages faster.
    Any possibility of adding the capability of printing landscape pages? Currently the print in portrait and are shrunk to fit in the top part of the page.
    Dogma likes this.
    For me the most important function that is still missing is the text search.
    Any chance that this will ever be added?
    Text search is coming soon...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    New version of the service, printing works now.
    Thanks. Sounds good. I will start looking into that.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 01/26/2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Do I have to install both the Adobe Renderer and the MuPDF Renderer or I get to choose one or the other for installation? If so, what is the difference between those two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Alberto View Post
    Do I have to install both the Adobe Renderer and the MuPDF Renderer or I get to choose one or the other for installation? If so, what is the difference between those two?
    You select which one to use.

Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Simply Adobe renderer is the one that came with the touchpad and does everything. The mupdf renderer doesn't print but renders pages faster.
    The mupdf renderer will be updated with search and printing.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 01/28/2012 at 01:08 AM.
  20.    #180  
    I uploaded a new MuPDF version with the latest service. I haven't tested this myself since I don't have my TouchPad with me so anyone who is interested give it a shot and report back.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast