Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1.    #141  
    If you downloaded the new version and you are not able to view the TOC (bookmarks) tab download and install it again. I missed a configuration setting in the first build.
    @kjhenrie and all others that contributed, this is awesome enhancement. This single enhancement has increased my satisfaction with the hptp tremendously! Install went smooth and looks great. Love the new page turn options!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcniela View Post
    @kjhenrie and all others that contributed, this is awesome enhancement. This single enhancement has increased my satisfaction with the hptp tremendously! Install went smooth and looks great. Love the new page turn options!
    Well, I do it because it was asked for and I like how it works now. So happy to hear it works well for you.
    where do I download 2.0? I'm very psyched for reading password protected PDFs. Its on the first post? I only see links up to 1.83/8

nevermind. Found it. Installed. My password PDF opened. Awesome. Thank you.
    Last edited by joedisaster; 01/15/2012 at 03:24 PM.
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I will update the mupdf renderer as soon as possible to make it work with the 2.0.0 patches (esp also providing access to password-protected files).
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    I will update the mupdf renderer as soon as possible to make it work with the 2.0.0 patches (esp also providing access to password-protected files).
    Thanks. I still haven't gotten around to the 3.05 SDK yet.
  7.    #147  
    Thanks for the kudos everyone though I have to say my contribution on this version was pretty minimal. For those who haven't already make sure to give thanks to knownboyofno for his hard work on the document and general property setting dialogs and devwithoutpower for enabling password protected documents. These changes made this version worthy of a major version number.
    Excellent work as always. Things are working smoother than ever although the Adobe render engine has its issues. I prefer the Mupdf as it zooms and handles better overall.

One thing seems to have been left out: full screen on the Pre3.

A reminder for those who wish to do so manually:

Use Internalz Pro to add one of the following lines to the 'index.html' file in the Adobe Reader's app directory (insert just after <head>)...

<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>

or for full view of the icon bar and file browser (once its working) in landscape mode

<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height,width=device-width'>

@kjhenrie:
    Re todos in post #90 - there is no 'My Pre' by default on the volume, but 'Documents' is there in /media/internal. I was reminded of that as I played around w/ search and attempted to navigate the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Excellent work as always. Things are working smoother than ever although the Adobe render engine has its issues. I prefer the Mupdf as it zooms and handles better overall.

One thing seems to have been left out: full screen on the Pre3.

A reminder for those who wish to do so manually:

Use Internalz Pro to add one of the following lines to the 'index.html' file in the Adobe Reader's app directory (insert just after <head>)...

<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>

or for full view of the icon bar and file browser (once its working) in landscape mode

<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height,width=device-width'>

@kjhenrie:
    Re todos in post #90 - there is no 'My Pre' by default on the volume, but 'Documents' is there in /media/internal. I was reminded of that as I played around w/ search and attempted to navigate the device.
    Sorry about that I only have a touchpad and forgot that needs to be added. So how does the menu work for you? Does the fullscreen switch work for you?
    The switch is perfect; no more black bar at the end of the screen in portrait mode. The width switch also allows the icon bar to be scaled and all but the last icon is visible in portrait. Once switched to landscape, the entire thing scales to the screen and the navigation browser is fully visible (of course, there's nothing to view as the Pre does not have a 'My Touchpad' directory if thats what its looking for).

The app dropdown menu did not scale well; its a bit on the small side even though its useable. Dialogs, for e.g., printer and error boxes also seem small.

Posts 89/90 have some other suggestions for devices w/ smaller screensize that I think will be great if implemented. Are you also working on the Mupdf version?
    Last edited by p41m3r; 01/16/2012 at 01:59 PM.
    The switch is perfect; no more black bar at the end of the screen in portrait mode. The width switch also allows the icon bar to be scaled and all but the last icon is visible in portrait. Once switched to landscape, the entire thing scales to the screen and the navigation browser is fully visible (of course, there's nothing to view as the Pre does not have a 'My Touchpad' directory if thats what its looking for).

The app dropdown menu did not scale well; its a bit on the small side even though its useable. Dialogs, for e.g., printer and error boxes also seem small.

Posts 89/90 have some other suggestions for devices w/ smaller screensize that I think will be great if implemented. Are you also working on the Mupdf version?
    Well, I have no idea how it works on the Pre so I just needed to hear how it works now. So you added the screen size code to get these results? filmor_ has said he is going to work on the mupdf service for 3.05 update. When he gets that done then we can drop that in.
    Thanks so much for the new enhancements. Full page and password protection changes are great. Just so you know, I have some files named .PDF, rather than .pdf, and they aren't recognized with the new patches (earlier versions did see them).

I would still love to see smooth scrolling between pages, and, of course, annotations.

Cheers
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    So you added the screen size code to get these results?
    Yes; specifically: <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height,width=device-width'>

I think the following pics will say things better (the left or top ar screenshot in each pic does not have the screen size code):

Hope they help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Actually there is not so much to do for 3.0.5 (that should be only recompiling), but mupdf changed a lot recently and I'm incorporating that into the service. I also want to add the password stuff and have done some optimisation (that still has to proof itself useful). It should be done at the end of this week.
    Yes; specifically: <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height,width=device-width'>

I think the following pics will say things better (the left or top ar screenshot in each pic does not have the screen size code):

Hope they help.
    I see and how does the patch menu resize?
    I see and how does the patch menu resize?
    D4mmed if I know! Lol...

I'm thinking the width=device-width part along w/ the type of app (Enyo?) makes the difference, since <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'> alone only eliminates the black bar at the bottom w/o resizing anything.

Again, I cant explain it as Im only a neophyte in webOS coding. I know a little Visual Basic but between you and me, I dont even trust my own code
    Last edited by p41m3r; 01/17/2012 at 08:41 PM.
    D4mmed if I know! Lol...

I'm thinking the width=device-width part along w/ the type of app (Enyo?) makes the difference, since <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'> alone only eliminates the black bar at the bottom w/o resizing anything.

Again, I cant explain it as Im only a neophyte in webOS coding. I know a little Visual Basic but between you and me, I dont even trust my own code
    umm..ok lol. Have you tried pressing the gear looking icon? Let me know how it looks.
    this is awesome! The password protected patch was a must. Now, maybe I missed something. Regarding bookmarks, is there anyway to have the documents bookmarks made available? I have a couple of work relatd docs that have close to 800 pages I need bookmarks to scroll through them.

thanks
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by lov2fly View Post
    this is awesome! The password protected patch was a must. Now, maybe I missed something. Regarding bookmarks, is there anyway to have the documents bookmarks made available? I have a couple of work relatd docs that have close to 800 pages I need bookmarks to scroll through them.

thanks
    If the PDF has bookmarks (TOC) they are available by tapping the page icon next to the Save As button. User bookmarks can be added or selected using the bookmark icon.
    Have you tried pressing the gear looking icon? Let me know how it looks.
    portrait
    w/ screen size code: things scaled beautifully
    w/o code: only 3/4 of settings visible

landscape
    w/ screen size code: about 3/4 visible like portrait mode w/o the code
    w/o code: only 1/2 visible

At no point were the dialogs scrollable to reveal the hidden parts and, as seen in the top, right of the first pic, they wont automatically center or redraw when orientation changes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast