Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chilvia View Post
    I've just installed the WebOS software update and now the patch doen't seem to work anymore. (3.0.5, build 86) I tried to reinstall it, but still no change .

Is there a way to get it working????

Thx!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ee9clh View Post
    Same here, the patch doesn't do anything to my updated Touchpad. With the release of webOS 3.0.5, I can't wait to see an update to this brilliant pdf patch. Well done for working on this, the default acrobat reader is inadequate to say the least.
    So when you install it adobe looks the same? If so, that is weird it doesn't work but I will take a look at it. I am going to finish debugging on 3.04 then update to 3.05 and see how that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by chilvia View Post
    is it also possible to start page numbering with a number other than 1 ?
    What do you mean? There is an offset that lets you adjust the page numbering of the PDF to that of the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    So when you install it adobe looks the same? If so, that is weird it doesn't work but I will take a look at it. I am going to finish debugging on 3.04 then update to 3.05 and see how that goes.
    Probably because 3.0.5 updates AR to 10.3.484 .. so you may need to update your version number to be >= 484 (inside patched IPK)
    please update this asap. This patch made my hptp useable for what I needed to do. Been said before, but this should be part of any new image pushed.

when the update us pushed, will I loose the previous reading history and bookmarks? (ie new db created or use previous db? )

if the ipk version number works to get it to install, how do I change that var in the ipk?
    if already >= in the ipk, wouldn't that cause the previous ver to install? If so, then there may be other issues.... Really need this.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    Probably because 3.0.5 updates AR to 10.3.484 .. so you may need to update your version number to be >= 484 (inside patched IPK)
    Correct we will need to update the version number at the very least. It's possible that they changed the code too which will require a merge (if we want to pick up the changes).

mcniela, try uninstalling Adobe Reader in preware then installing the patched version. I will not be able to make the necessary code changes and merge the files for a couple of days. If I find a few minutes before then I can upgrade the version number and hold off on the merge for now. I am fairly certain that you lost the database when you upgraded to 3.0.5 though I have not installed the upgrade myself to verify. If you install Impostah you can look at the database (com.quickoffice.ar.db) and see if it exists and if it does if it has records in it.

If one of the other devs has time before I do and can build with the new version number send me the ipk's and I can push them to the download server.
    yep, it looks like the original, unpatched Adobe Version.

What do you mean? There is an offset that lets you adjust the page numbering of the PDF to that of the book.
    e.g. if an e-book is split up into one file per chapter, there is no page "1" in the file, but would e.g. start with page 652. Is it possible to adjust page numbering that way in the current version?
    Protected PDFs now supported ...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/native...pdf-files.html

I am sure patch will be included in custom IPK soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    .....try uninstalling Adobe Reader in preware then installing the patched version.
    I would like to verify that this works.

I deleted the "new" version that was delivered with the 3.0.5 update, using Preware, and then installed the ipk file I installed a few weeks ago. Opened up Adobe Reader, opened up a previously-read document, and it took me back to the last page read at the last resolution. So it looks like the database is still there, too
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Hooray! Thanks for the instructions. I went to preware, deleted Acrobat Reader, then using preware install package menu choice navigated to com.quickoffice.ar_10.3.406_1.8.3_all.ipk (I had this in downloads). Back to my patched Acrobat Reader with what I really need to use PDFs. I didn't understand that the patch actually is the whole program. I thought I was installing something into the existing software.
    Thanks again kjhenrie!
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Yes, works fine. Steps are as follows:

1. Open Preware.
    2. Tap "Installed Packages".
    3. Tap "Applications".
    4. Tap "Adobe Reader".
    5. Tap "Remove".
    6. Come out of Preware.
    7. Open browser, navigate to this thread, and tap the link to install the version of the pdf enhancement package that you use.

For convenience here's the link to the first post with the install links:

[PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements

Spyke
    Last edited by Spyke; 01/14/2012 at 03:13 AM.
    Have the webOS 3.0.5. After removing Adobe Reader from Preware and reinstalling from this website it works. But...After reboot/shutdown the reader looks like without patch. And I need to remove/install again...Is there a possible solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by kai82 View Post
    Have the webOS 3.0.5. After removing Adobe Reader from Preware and reinstalling from this website it works. But...After reboot/shutdown the reader looks like without patch. And I need to remove/install again...Is there a possible solution?
    same here. I think webos 3.0.5 package must be cached somewhere, so Adobe reader was updated automatically to the latest version during reboot (check version number you will see).
    I updated to 3.0.5 ,I did the following steps
    1.go to Preware-installaed package
    2.tap application open adobe reader then tap remove
    3 then in main screen of preware from the drop down menu tap install package
    4. Browse to the IPK file in the downloads,it will be still there if you previously download
    5.tap install pavkage. TADA
    PDF restored back working brilliantly on last viewed Page and all criteria ,congratulation
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    I updated to 3.0.5 ,I did the following steps
    1.go to Preware-installaed package
    2.tap application open adobe reader then tap remove
    3 then in main screen of preware from the drop down menu tap install package
    4. Browse to the IPK file in the downloads,it will be still there if you previously download
    5.tap install pavkage. TADA
    PDF restored back working brilliantly on last viewed Page and all criteria ,congratulation
    And now...reboot your device.
  16.    #136  
    Bummer I was afraid that might happen :|.

EDIT: I updated the version number in 1.8.3 and 1.8.8 and uploaded them to the download server. The links are in the OP. Keep in mind that this does not include whatever bug fixes and/or enhancements are in the latest Adobe Reader version (10.3.484) at this time. Eventually we will merge those changes in but for now this should keep the patched version from being overridden after a reboot.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 01/14/2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Modified for update
    Bummer I was afraid that might happen :|. I will upload replacement versions for 1.8.3 and 1.8.8 in a few minutes. I'll post again once they are updated.
    Is that just a version up or an update to all the files too?
    EDIT: I read the OP but I will update my Touchpad and see what's new in the 484 update.
  18.    #138  
    Is that just a version up or an update to all the files too?
    I just bumped the version. I haven't had time to diff and merge the files but this should keep the ball rolling for now.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

I just bumped the version.
    New version survives the reboot

Thanks, kjhenrie!
    US Robotics Palm Pilot with 2MB memory upgrade --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Handspring Visor Platinum --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Pre2 --> Touchpad (10 weeks 1 day 23 hours from order to receipt)
  20.    #140  
    I just packaged and pushed patch version 2.0.0 which now includes the enhancements and bugfixes provided in AR version 10.3.484 and a ton of enhancements by knownboyofno with contributions from devwithoutpower and wknaeble. Please read the specifics in the release notes in the OP.

I have only had time to crack open a PDF and play around with the settings but I am very impressed. I have to give a big shout-out to knownboyofno for all of his work on this and to devwithoutpower and wknaeble for their contributions as well. As always please provide feedback.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast