Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 362
Like Tree33Likes
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Your directory structure looks right. Have you checked impostah after the last install to see if the database shows up and has records in it?
    Impostah does not show the database.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Great glad that took care of it.

    Honestly I wish this code was easier to follow. I always get tempted to rewrite the entire file loader/browser part. It's pretty messy. The file that creates and renders the list alone has over 1500 lines of JavaScript. This does not include the file service or anything else on the page. The way it loads files is a bit buggy and not very efficient which results in poor performance. This was not as noticeable when the files were loaded once but with the directory capability I am struggling to find a way to avoid reloading each time.

    I will add this to the wish list and keep pursuing a better way.
    1.8.8 worked for me also - no more duplicate folders. Thanks so much! I agree it would be great if there was a way of caching the files or only reading the current directory.

    By the way, I think that the links on your first post are reversed--the MuPDF link downloaded 1.8.3 while the other one downloaded 1.8.8.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by bndrummo View Post
    1.8.8 worked for me also - no more duplicate folders. Thanks so much! I agree it would be great if there was a way of caching the files or only reading the current directory.

    By the way, I think that the links on your first post are reversed--the MuPDF link downloaded 1.8.3 while the other one downloaded 1.8.8.
    Oops you are correct I reversed all of the versions. I corrected them.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhayes View Post
    Impostah does not show the database.
    SOLVED!

    I remember reading somewhere that some apps that will not install correctly through Preware on some TPs will install correctly when done through QuickInstall.

    So, I hooked it up, ran 1.8.8 and restarted.

    Everything is working: last read page, bookmarks, and impostah sees the db. (Note that impostah does not list the dbs in alphabetical order. It appears so at first glance, but in fact it's by time: last install is last listed.)

    kjhenrie, you're a Prince-of-Patience AND a Genius!

    Thank you again for all your attention in addition to the fine code work.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhayes View Post
    SOLVED!

    I remember reading somewhere that some apps that will not install correctly through Preware on some TPs will install correctly when done through QuickInstall.

    So, I hooked it up, ran 1.8.8 and restarted.

    Everything is working: last read page, bookmarks, and impostah sees the db. (Note that impostah does not list the dbs in alphabetical order. It appears so at first glance, but in fact it's by time: last install is last listed.)

    kjhenrie, you're a Prince-of-Patience AND a Genius!

    Thank you again for all your attention in addition to the fine code work.
    Excellent! This is good to know and will help others who might have this issue.

    Edit: I should have thought of this as I have advised people to do this with Kindle Import when they had database permission issues.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Excellent! This is good to know and will help others who might have this issue.

    Edit: I should have thought of this as I have advised people to do this with Kindle Import when they had database permission issues.
    Well, you know what? I never got Kindle Import to work!

    I'll try the same thing with that and let you know how it works!

    Thanks again.

    UPDATE: Same solution worked for Kindle Import!

    Thanks again
    Last edited by rhayes; 01/04/2012 at 09:58 PM.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I tried it on Pre2 but it wouldn't load anything. What did you do diffferent?
    Its installed on a Pre3 that I have access to. I cant get it to open files directly (it opens to the initial welcome screen and nothing else) but I can tap on PDFs from within Internalz and have it push them to the default app. Each successive release has worked fine; the only issue has been the bar at the bottom of the screen (Pre3-specific), which I would always have to patch.
  8. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I tried 1.80 and 1.87 on a Pre2 It installs but that is all it does.
    First, do you have Enyo installed? (i.e. Have you installed the last version HP Maps aka Bing?)

    How have you been trying to use the app? If you open the app itself, you can't do anything - can't add other sources, can't see any files or folders. Just trying to cover all the bases, please don't take this the wrong way: Make sure you open the right app. The OP ipk doesn't alter "PDF View", but is a separate app "Adobe Reader". Just Type "adobe" and you'll see both.

    The way to use it should be identical on a Pre 2 and my Pre 3 (ATT 16gb, 2.2.4):
    - Open the app "Device Info"
    - Open app menu "Default Applications"
    - Scroll down to .pdf and switch to "Adobe Reader"
    - Browse to your pdf docs using Internalz and tap the icon.

    Note that the toolbar is crowded, and even with the Pre 3's higher resolution I see half of the printer icon, whereas with the stock Reader I could see/access half of the last element to the right, the "Save As". And that's in landscape... See below post...
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  9. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #89  
    For AR Enhanced Bundle 1.8.8 on an AT&T Pre 3 (webOS 2.2.4)

    1. index.html modification
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    ...Each successive release has worked fine; the only issue has been the bar at the bottom of the screen (Pre3-specific), which I would always have to patch.
    P41m3r, is the patch you are talking about changing the index.html? Do you specify only the height, or do you do the width as well? I just added

    Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height,width=device-width'>
    ...between <html> and <head> and was rewarded with the full (but empty) file browser view, whether in portrait or landscape. In the portrait doc view, I see less, strangely enough (buttons and page field got fatter), with the last element in view being the T.I.E. Fighter aka <> button.

    Landscape doc view, on the other hand, is quite grand; I feel like I'm the owner of a Touchpad Go that I've left in the dryer too long. I see the whole toolbar, just as displayed on a touchpad. (but with proportionately reduced fonts.)

    Anyway to build this modification into the ipk?

    2. Zoom memory
    Thanks dogma and kjhenrie: Either the scrolling tip, or the latest update fixed my zoom memory problem. Last page opened memory is intact as well.

    If your version of file browser is just scanning /media/internal and sub-folders, why doesn't it pick up any of the Pre 3's files? Is the location of the parent folders different? Can you add "My Pre"?

    3. Page next area
    30px on a Pre 3 are apparently pretty small - about 3 mm. Any chance on making this bigger, or a relative (percentage) value rather than an absolute one?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    For AR Enhanced Bundle 1.8.8 on an AT&T Pre 3 (webOS 2.2.4)

    1. index.html modification

    P41m3r, is the patch you are talking about changing the index.html? Do you specify only the height, or do you do the width as well? I just added

    Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height,width=device-width'>
    ...between <html> and <head> and was rewarded with the full (but empty) file browser view, whether in portrait or landscape. In the portrait doc view, I see less, strangely enough (buttons and page field got fatter), with the last element in view being the T.I.E. Fighter aka <> button.

    Landscape doc view, on the other hand, is quite grand; I feel like I'm the owner of a Touchpad Go that I've left in the dryer too long. I see the whole toolbar, just as displayed on a touchpad. (but with proportionately reduced fonts.)

    Anyway to build this modification into the ipk?

    2. Zoom memory
    Thanks dogma and kjhenrie: Either the scrolling tip, or the latest update fixed my zoom memory problem. Last page opened memory is intact as well.

    If your version of file browser is just scanning /media/internal and sub-folders, why doesn't it pick up any of the Pre 3's files? Is the location of the parent folders different? Can you add "My Pre"?

    3. Page next area
    30px on a Pre 3 are apparently pretty small - about 3 mm. Any chance on making this bigger, or a relative (percentage) value rather than an absolute one?
    1. Yes, viewport will be in the next version (good find)
    2. Is My Pre under /media/internal? If so I am surprised it doesn't pick it up.
    3. Yes, I'll see if I can make it percentage based

    I don't have a Pre so I might need to throw some experimental builds out for you to test. Due to other obligations I will not be able to work on this until later tonight or tomorrow though.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    1. Yes, viewport will be in the next version (good find)
    2. Is My Pre under /media/internal? If so I am surprised it doesn't pick it up.
    3. Yes, I'll see if I can make it percentage based

    I don't have a Pre so I might need to throw some experimental builds out for you to test. Due to other obligations I will not be able to work on this until later tonight or tomorrow though.
    I have number 3 already done. I should be sending you the new files tonight if I don't see any other problems.
  12. #92  
    I was talking about installing this patch on top of the AR that comes with the Touchpad. It is enyo based. I don't have a Pre2 or 3 (wish I did but I am on Sprint).
    I am on sprint with a pre2 and love it. I wish this would work on pre devices.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  13. #93  
    I feel silly due to my ignorance, please forgive a question that might have an obvious answer.

    To start, I browsed to the first post in this thread on my Touchpad (WebOS 3.0.4).
    Then, under 1.8.8/3 I went to the link for "Adobe Renderer" in a separate browser card.
    That took me to an ipk file, Preware opened automatically, and I chose install.

    Next, I did the same process for the "Mupdf Renderer".
    No error messages were noted.

    Now, I do not see either name in my list of preware patches or apps
    If I start Adobe Reader, it is version 10.3.406 with Quickoffice Web Toolkit versui 2.2.99

    So, how can I tell if I have installed these patched correctly?
    Thank you !
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by acz View Post
    I feel silly due to my ignorance, please forgive a question that might have an obvious answer.

    To start, I browsed to the first post in this thread on my Touchpad (WebOS 3.0.4).
    Then, under 1.8.8/3 I went to the link for "Adobe Renderer" in a separate browser card.
    That took me to an ipk file, Preware opened automatically, and I chose install.

    Next, I did the same process for the "Mupdf Renderer".
    No error messages were noted.

    Now, I do not see either name in my list of preware patches or apps
    If I start Adobe Reader, it is version 10.3.406 with Quickoffice Web Toolkit versui 2.2.99

    So, how can I tell if I have installed these patched correctly?
    Thank you !
    You should only install Adobe or Mupdf Renderer not both but when you open a pdf you will see the changes. In other words _look at a PDF_.
  15. #95  
    Yea, simple mistake

    To expound a bit, you only need one of the apps installed; they are the same but they render the PDF files differently. They are not really patches that you can view in Preware, but instead are actual Adobe Reader apps that have been patched to provide the stated functionality. IOW, you're installing a better version of the app over the original unpatched version. It will still say 'version 10.3.406' in the app but once you open a PDF file you'll see a difference as you read and navigate.

    The latter - mupdf - is likely what you have now, as it was installed last. Im not sure if there will be any issues as its advised to remove one before installing the other. In any case, if you have issues w/ PDFs, simply uninstall -> restart device -> reinstall the app using Preware.


    @mamouton
    see posts 87 & 88

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena
    P41m3r, is the patch you are talking about changing the index.html? Do you specify only the height, or do you do the width as well?
    I only changed height as that's where the problem was. I'll add width and see what I get. As it is now - before the width patch - I can NOT see the 'TIE fighter' icon in portrait... instead only about 3/4 of the 'offset' button. Also, only half of the printer icon is visible in landscape view.

    Edit:
    Ok... so it really is a new beast w/ the width specified in the index file. It looks great and even though the 'TIE fighter' icon is the last visible, the buttons are not 'fatter' in portrait. They scale well in both viewing modes.
    Last edited by p41m3r; 12/31/2011 at 05:47 AM.
  16. #96  
    dear all,can someone help me in a simple way for how to install the patch in steps one by one so that it get the things work. I have preware installed on my touchpad and WebQi installed in my pc but I got lost on how to do it to improve my PDF reader, please help!
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    dear all,can someone help me in a simple way for how to install the patch in steps one by one so that it get the things work. I have preware installed on my touchpad and WebQi installed in my pc but I got lost on how to do it to improve my PDF reader, please help!
    Do you have Internalz installed? If not install it through preware.

    1. On the first post in this thread click on the version you wish to install. I recommend starting with http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12835963/com..._1.8.3_all.ipk. This should download the patched version.

    2. Open Internalz and navigate to /media/internal/downloads and tap on the file you downloaded (com.quickoffice.ar_10.3.406_1.8.3_all.ipk if you followed my recommendation).

    3. You will be prompted with several options, tap "Open"

    4. Now tap "Install"

    5. Enjoy
  18. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by baskalito View Post
    dear all,can someone help me in a simple way for how to install the patch in steps one by one so that it get the things work. I have preware installed on my touchpad and WebQi installed in my pc but I got lost on how to do it to improve my PDF reader, please help!
    Here's the simple way I do it, using a setup similar to yours:

    1. Download the ipk for the patch from the first post of this thread

    2. Put your TouchPad in Developer mode

    3. Connect to WebQi on your PC via the Novacom driver, remembering to not connect the normal USB drive mode

    4. Add the patch ipk to WebQi, install to connected TouchPad

    5. Dismount, unplug, exit Developer mode, restart TouchPad
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Do you have Internalz installed? If not install it through preware.

    1. On the first post in this thread click on the version you wish to install. I recommend starting with http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12835963/com..._1.8.3_all.ipk. This should download the patched version.

    2. Open Internalz and navigate to /media/internal/downloads and tap on the file you downloaded (com.quickoffice.ar_10.3.406_1.8.3_all.ipk if you followed my recommendation).

    3. You will be prompted with several options, tap "Open"

    4. Now tap "Install"

    5. Enjoy
    dear kjhenrie, thanks a lot for your kind help ,really this simplified explanation is very helpful to put in the first post to help the beginner like me ,PDF now is turned yo be amazing making my textbooks to be alive in my TP,thanks again for your effort
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    Here's the simple way I do it, using a setup similar to yours:

    1. Download the ipk for the patch from the first post of this thread

    2. Put your TouchPad in Developer mode

    3. Connect to WebQi on your PC via the Novacom driver, remembering to not connect the normal USB drive mode

    4. Add the patch ipk to WebQi, install to connected TouchPad

    5. Dismount, unplug, exit Developer mode, restart TouchPad
    dear semma2,i tried this very simplified steps with my daughter TP and it works good ,PDF now is amazing ,I suggest to put these steps with Kjhenrie steps in the first post to help the begginers like me ,thanks a lot for your effort
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions