Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Using App Tuckerbox, I just installed the "Adobe Reader" Enyo app (for the TouchPad) on a Pre 3 (AT&T 16 GB, webOS 2.2.4), and it functions a hell of a lot better than the "PDF View" app on phones.

I've even made "Adobe Reader" the default apps! Heaven!!! There's no patch to make the toolbar/number field disappear, so the built-in tap-to-fullscreen in the TouchPad version is just great.

- Can you make this bundle cross-device compatible?
    - What would happen if I just went ahead installed it? (I don't mind being a guinea pig, but don't want to go it completely blind...)
    - Can it modify the app to scan for files on a phone? At present, you have to open pdf docs; when you open the app itself, it gets stuck on the welcome screen. Perhaps there's another pane to grab on the right, but I can't see it.
    - Anyway to make the toolbar "slidable"? In portrait mode, you see a bit of the "save as" button, which is actually sufficient.
    - interestingly enough, the print dialog seems to be searching for wifi printers, but as I don't have any, I can't test.
    If the "Adobe Reader" Enyo app (for the TouchPad) works then in theory this should work. Because we just took that and added some code on top of it.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I confirm: works like a charm. The toolbar is crowded (just like on the TP) but otherwise, great stuff. No memory issues and the processor doesn't seem to labor too much.

One question: why is each page displayed zoomed in to the top right corner first? On each page turn, I had to zoom out every time.

Edit: Just read that "zoom memory across page changes and doc...closing" was built into v.1.5. It doesn't seem to work on the Pre3.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhayes View Post
    Well, that reveals a lot.

The database doesn't seem to exist at all.

How can I generate it?

Thank you.
    The only way that I am aware of is programmatically. The database is supposed to be created when you install one of the patched versions. You can try checking the logs and see if that reveals anything.

Right after installing a patched version using nova-term, the terminal in WOSQI, or xterm type:

Code:
    more /var/log/messages | grep com.quickoffice.ar.db
  4.    #64  
    I confirm: works like a charm. The toolbar is crowded (just like on the TP) but otherwise, great stuff. No memory issues and the processor doesn't seem to labor too much.

One question: why is each page displayed zoomed in to the top right corner first? On each page turn, I had to zoom out every time.

Edit: Just read that "zoom memory across page changes and doc...closing" was built into v.1.5. It doesn't seem to work on the Pre3.
    It might not have created the database. You can use impostah to see if the db exists as I outlined a few posts back for rhayes.
    I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't save zoom settings till you scroll down to the next page. Then you can touch the next or previous page area and it keeps zoom settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    If the "Adobe Reader" Enyo app (for the TouchPad) works then in theory this should work. Because we just took that and added some code on top of it.
    I tried it on Pre2 but it wouldn't load anything. What did you do diffferent?
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Which version did you install? Some people have reported that they are unable to open some pdf documents with the mupdf based versions. If you haven't tried using the 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 after I add the link .
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    The only way that I am aware of is programmatically. The database is supposed to be created when you install one of the patched versions. You can try checking the logs and see if that reveals anything.

Right after installing a patched version using nova-term, the terminal in WOSQI, or xterm type:

Code:
    more /var/log/messages | grep com.quickoffice.ar.db
    I have the grep of the log. Most of the entries are repetitions of:

2011-12-28T07:35:48.700604Z [175] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[2115]: [core.messageService] invalid parameters: caller='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' error='invalid type for property 'where' for property 'query'' (22) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' method='find' payload='{"query":{"from":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","where":"[{\"prop\": \"filename\", \"op\": \"=\", \"val\": \"Alice in Wonderland.pdf\"}]"}}'
    Which version did you install? Some people have reported that they are unable to open some pdf documents with the mupdf based versions. If you haven't tried using the 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 after I add the link .
    I tried 1.80 and 1.87 on a Pre2 It installs but that is all it does.
  10.    #70  
    I have the grep of the log. Most of the entries are repetitions of:

2011-12-28T07:35:48.700604Z [175] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[2115]: [core.messageService] invalid parameters: caller='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' error='invalid type for property 'where' for property 'query'' (22) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' method='find' payload='{"query":{"from":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","where":"[{\"prop\": \"filename\", \"op\": \"=\", \"val\": \"Alice in Wonderland.pdf\"}]"}}'
    I spent some time a while back trying to figure out why that message shows up the logs but I was not able to find the cause. I don't believe this error is the root cause of your issue though since I get the error and I am able to store zoom, last page read, book marks, etc...

I was hoping an error indicating why it was not able to create the database right after an installation attempt. Nothing like this, eh?
  11.    #71  
    I just uploaded a new minor version that I believe will fix the duplicate folders issue assuming there was only one cause.
    I spent some time a while back trying to figure out why that message shows up the logs but I was not able to find the cause. I don't believe this error is the root cause of your issue though since I get the error and I am able to store zoom, last page read, book marks, etc...

I was hoping an error indicating why it was not able to create the database right after an installation attempt. Nothing like this, eh?
    I'm removing AR, restarting, and will install the patch right now to make a date/time stamp in the log easy to find. Will post here shortly.

Perhaps unrelated, I was reading some of the history of this patch and noted reference to several directories including:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.arconfiguration
    My system does not have this directory, even after the last install of the patch. Would that still be pertinent?

Thank you.
    I'm removing AR, restarting, and will install the patch right now to make a date/time stamp in the log easy to find. Will post here shortly.
    Here's the latest log, much shorter. The first few entries may be from before the AR removal.

2011-12-28T19:19:09.406718Z [134] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[1871]: [core.messageService] invalid parameters: caller='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' error='invalid type for property 'where' for property 'query'' (22) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' method='find' payload='{"query":{"from":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","where":"[{\"prop\": \"filename\", \"op\": \"=\", \"val\": \"Sherlock Holmes.pdf\"}]"}}'

2011-12-28T19:19:12.008746Z [137] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[1871]: [core.messageService] kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1' (-3970) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' method='find' payload='{"query":{"from":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","where":[{"op":"=","prop":"filename","val":"Sherlock Holmes"}]}}'

2011-12-28T19:19:12.009482Z [137] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.quickoffice.ar: Database Call Error: {"errorCode":-3970,"errorText":"kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1'","returnValue":false}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$72$

2011-12-28T19:19:16.121727Z [141] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[1871]: [core.messageService] kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1' (-3970) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' method='merge' payload='{"objects":[{"_kind":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","bookmarks":[],"currentPage":0,"offset":1,"offseton":0,"richqty":1200,"richqtyW":1200,"x":0,"zoomlevel":1,"zoomrat io":10}]}'

2011-12-28T19:19:16.865207Z [142] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.quickoffice.ar: Database Call Error: {"errorCode":-3970,"errorText":"kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1'","returnValue":false}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$72$

2011-12-28T19:19:22.588234Z [147] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[1871]: [core.messageService] kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1' (-3970) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1011' method='merge' payload='{"objects":[{"_kind":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","bookmarks":[],"currentPage":91,"offset":1,"offseton":0,"richqty":1200,"richqtyW":1200,"x":0,"zoomlevel":1,"zoomra tio":10}]}'

2011-12-28T19:19:22.657808Z [147] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.quickoffice.ar: Database Call Error: {"errorCode":-3970,"errorText":"kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1'","returnValue":false}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$72$

2011-12-28T19:19:33.788150Z [158] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[1871]: [core.messageService] invalid parameters: caller='com.quickoffice.ar 1012' error='invalid type for property 'where' for property 'query'' (22) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1012' method='find' payload='{"query":{"from":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","where":"[{\"prop\": \"filename\", \"op\": \"=\", \"val\": \"Sherlock Holmes.pdf\"}]"}}'

2011-12-28T19:19:34.471219Z [159] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[1871]: [core.messageService] kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1' (-3970) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1012' method='find' payload='{"query":{"from":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","where":[{"op":"=","prop":"filename","val":"Sherlock Holmes"}]}}'

2011-12-28T19:19:34.491201Z [159] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.quickoffice.ar: Database Call Error: {"errorCode":-3970,"errorText":"kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1'","returnValue":false}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$72$

2011-12-28T19:19:36.692577Z [161] webos-device user.err mojodb-luna[1871]: [core.messageService] kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1' (-3970) - sender='com.quickoffice.ar 1012' method='merge' payload='{"objects":[{"_kind":"com.quickoffice.ar.db:1","bookmarks":[],"currentPage":0,"offset":1,"offseton":0,"richqty":1200,"richqtyW":1200,"x":0,"zoomlevel":1,"zoomrat io":10}]}'

2011-12-28T19:19:36.900385Z [162] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.quickoffice.ar: Database Call Error: {"errorCode":-3970,"errorText":"kind not registered: 'com.quickoffice.ar.db:1'","returnValue":false}, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$72$

<edited to insert paragraph breaks for ease of reading>
  14.    #74  

Perhaps unrelated, I was reading some of the history of this patch and noted reference to several directories including:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.arconfiguration
    My system does not have this directory, even after the last install of the patch. Would that still be pertinent?

Thank you.
    Yes, the db config Is in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/configuration. If you do not have that folder it confirms that the db was not created.

edit: logs also confirm the db is not being created.

If you are able, you can create the above folder and in it create the folder "db" (no qoutes) and in db create the folder "kinds" and in kinds create a file named com.quickoffice.ar.db with the contents:

Code:
    {
    	"id": "com.quickoffice.ar.db:1",
    	"indexes": [
    		{"name": "filename", "props": [{"name": "filename"}]}
    	]
    }
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 12/28/2011 at 01:46 PM.

If you don't want the page to reset position to the upper right corner you have to get it set the way you like and then push the button that looks like this l<>l

Also as i mentioned in a previous post the zoom settings do not save until you scroll to another page, if you tap the page next area it resets to the previous position. This might be considered a bug.
    Last edited by Dogma; 12/28/2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: additional info
    I just uploaded a new minor version that I believe will fix the duplicate folders issue assuming there was only one cause.
    Great Job Kjhenrie! This new version fixed the duplicate folder problem for me, I tried it with the 1.8.3 version.

I had an idea that might speed up the process the second time you open the reader. If there is a way to make a database to store all the recognized folders and pdf names so it doesn't have to reload every time you open the reader. You would probably have to add some kind of refresh button to update the database if you add files. Does this sound doable? Maybe add to the wish list?
    Yes, the db config Is in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/configuration. If you do not have that folder it confirms that the db was not created.

edit: logs also confirm the db is not being created.

If you are able, you can create the above folder and in it create the folder "db" (no qoutes) and in db create the folder "kinds" and in kinds create a file named com.quickoffice.ar.db with the contents:

Code:
    {
    	"id": "com.quickoffice.ar.db:1",
    	"indexes": [
    		{"name": "filename", "props": [{"name": "filename"}]}
    	]
    }
    OK. Now this is interesting: those directories, and the db exist. It contains exactly what you display above.
    Using internals, I checked the permissions, everything is RWX.

I'm stumped. What should the com.quickoffice.ar directory structure look like?
    Mine has:

configuration/
    css/
    images/
    import/
    mock/
    resources/
    source/
    appinfo.json
    config.yml
    depends.jsjsjs
    framework_config.json
    index.html

<edit> And another fun discovery. When reading a .pdf, if I try to Save As and supply a new name, the wheel just spins forever, no file creation. Perhaps this will give additional insight into what directory is not being seen or written to.
    Last edited by rhayes; 12/28/2011 at 03:13 PM.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Great Job Kjhenrie! This new version fixed the duplicate folder problem for me, I tried it with the 1.8.3 version.

I had an idea that might speed up the process the second time you open the reader. If there is a way to make a database to store all the recognized folders and pdf names so it doesn't have to reload every time you open the reader. You would probably have to add some kind of refresh button to update the database if you add files. Does this sound doable? Maybe add to the wish list?
    Great glad that took care of it.

Honestly I wish this code was easier to follow. I always get tempted to rewrite the entire file loader/browser part. It's pretty messy. The file that creates and renders the list alone has over 1500 lines of JavaScript. This does not include the file service or anything else on the page. The way it loads files is a bit buggy and not very efficient which results in poor performance. This was not as noticeable when the files were loaded once but with the directory capability I am struggling to find a way to avoid reloading each time.

I will add this to the wish list and keep pursuing a better way.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

19.    #79  
    OK. Now this is interesting: those directories, and the db exist. It contains exactly what you display above.
    Using internals, I checked the permissions, everything is RWX.

I'm stumped. What should the com.quickoffice.ar directory structure look like?
    Mine has:

<edit> And another fun discovery. When reading a .pdf, if I try to Save As and supply a new name, the wheel just spins forever, no file creation. Perhaps this will give additional insight into what directory is not being seen or written to.
    Your directory structure looks right. Have you checked impostah after the last install to see if the database shows up and has records in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I was talking about installing this patch on top of the AR that comes with the Touchpad. It is enyo based. I don't have a Pre2 or 3 (wish I did but I am on Sprint).
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast