Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by sw1sh View Post
    Thanks but in case I need to revert back, don't I download it from the app catalog? I can't seem to find it.
    I believe if you uninstall the patched version using preware the original version will show up as an update. I'll try it and report back.

Edit: You are correct, uninstalling the patched version did not trigger an update or expose the original version in the catalog. I updated the original post with instructions for a process that will revert back to the original version.

1. Uninstall the Adobe Reader using preware
    2. Download and install this version. This version was built using an old version number to trigger an update in the Sofware Manager.
    3. Open the Software Manager and an update notification for the Adobe Reader should show up. Install the latest version. If the update doesn't show up right away wait for a few minutes and try again.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 12/26/2011 at 11:27 PM.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

I installed the latest version but I couldn't open any files or the menu for the app. Is this for the Pre 2 or just the touchpad?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed the latest version but I couldn't open any files or the menu for the app. Is this for the Pre 2 or just the touchpad?
    Good question, I don't have a Pre to test it with. Did the earlier versions work (1.8.0 and below)?
    I hadn't tried an earlier version on the Pre2. I have yet to install on Touchpad. I had to get orginal files copied before applying this ipk. I am going to try an earlier version for my Pre2 to see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I believe if you uninstall the patched version using preware the original version will show up as an update. I'll try it and report back.

Edit: You are correct, uninstalling the patched version did not trigger an update or expose the original version in the catalog. I updated the original post with instructions for a process that will revert back to the original version.
    Did you restart your touchpad after uninstalling? The app catalog doesn't update till you do. It should just automatically download to your download folder.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Did you restart your touchpad after uninstalling? The app catalog doesn't update till you do. It should just automatically download to your download folder.
    Good to know I will give it a try and update the OP appropriately.
    I've tried several of the releases, and all behave in the same manner.

The app opens with the new folder view (kudos, devs!),
    and the patch seems to function as designed except that neither the last page read, nor bookmarks are retained.
    This is true of any .pdf file opened.

It's almost as if something isn't being written upon close. Almost like a permissions problem.

Any leads on what to check/ look for/ modify?

Thank you again to all the incredible, fast, attentive work from the developers on this piece.
    "Ya done good!"
    Good to know I will give it a try and update the OP appropriately.
    Also when it auto downloads it downloads the version that is saved in your palm profile, so if you haven't run backup in a while you will have to update to the latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I believe this is for the touchpad only. Webos 3.0.4
    Last edited by Dogma; 12/27/2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    kjhenrie,

If possible, could you also add to the "todo list":
    - Make fonts sharper. The mupdf sample program a member worked on had super sharp font's and since this patch utilitizes the same service, it should be able to have this also.

The current patch is acceptable but the difference is very noticeable.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhayes View Post
    I've tried several of the releases, and all behave in the same manner.

The app opens with the new folder view (kudos, devs!),
    and the patch seems to function as designed except that neither the last page read, nor bookmarks are retained.
    This is true of any .pdf file opened.

It's almost as if something isn't being written upon close. Almost like a permissions problem.

Any leads on what to check/ look for/ modify?

Thank you again to all the incredible, fast, attentive work from the developers on this piece.
    "Ya done good!"
    Yeah it sounds like for some reason the database that stores this information was not created or there is a space or permissions problem.

Did you try uninstalling the app using preware and doing a clean install?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    kjhenrie,

If possible, could you also add to the "todo list":
    - Make fonts sharper. The mupdf sample program a member worked on had super sharp font's and since this patch utilitizes the same service, it should be able to have this also.
    Done.
    Yeah it sounds like for some reason the database that stores this information was not created or there is a space or permissions problem.

Did you try uninstalling the app using preware and doing a clean install?
    Oh, yes. I've uninstalled the stock AR and installed just the modified version (different versions) several times.

What should my directory structure look like, or more to the point, what is the name of the db and where does it reside?

Thank you.
    Sweet! I wish we could get these features on the Pre2. THis is awesome!!
    Oh, yes. I've uninstalled the stock AR and installed just the modified version (different versions) several times.

What should my directory structure look like, or more to the point, what is the name of the db and where does it reside?

Thank you.
    So you uninstalled the patch thru Preware then restarted so that the AR update triggered? If so, then did you install the patch and restart(just to be sure)? (I was testing and had to perform this steps to make it work.)
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    So you uninstalled the patch thru Preware then restarted so that the AR update triggered? If so, then did you install the patch and restart(just to be sure)? (I was testing and had to perform this steps to make it work.)
    No. The patch doesn't show up in preware. I have been installing it through Internalz.

I uninstalled AR through preware.

One time I uninstalled the stock AR (through preware) and restarted and the update triggered.
    After that:

One time I installed the stock AR (through preware) and restarted, and then the patch on top of that and restarted.

One time I uninstalled AR through preware, (restarted) and installed the patch by itself (restarted).

Both processes resulted in the same thing: patch installs, but doesn't retain last read page or bookmarks.

Thank you so much for your responses and attention.
    No. The patch doesn't show up in preware. I have been installing it through Internalz.

One time I uninstalled the stock AR (through preware) and restarted and the update triggered.
    After that:

One time I installed the stock AR (through preware) and restarted, and then the patch on top of that and restarted.

One time I uninstalled AR through preware, (restarted) and installed the patch by itself (restarted).

Both processes resulted in the same thing: patch installs, but doesn't retain last read page or bookmarks.

Well....I have no clue why it isn't working. Sorry I am not more help.
  18.    #58  

After that:

You can have a peek at the database using Impostah (from preware). Select Databases then select com.quickoffice.ar.db:1 and tap Query. You should see an entry for each book you have opened. Tap one of the entries to view the details.
    You can have a peek at the database using Impostah (from preware). Select Databases then select com.quickoffice.ar.db:1 and tap Query. You should see an entry for each book you have opened. Tap one of the entries to view the details.
    Well, that reveals a lot.

The database doesn't seem to exist at all.

How can I generate it?

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Using App Tuckerbox, I just installed the "Adobe Reader" Enyo app (for the TouchPad) on a Pre 3 (AT&T 16 GB, webOS 2.2.4), and it functions a hell of a lot better than the "PDF View" app on phones.

I've even made "Adobe Reader" the default apps! Heaven!!! There's no patch to make the toolbar/number field disappear, so the built-in tap-to-fullscreen in the TouchPad version is just great.

- Can you make this bundle cross-device compatible?
    - What would happen if I just went ahead installed it? (I don't mind being a guinea pig, but don't want to go it completely blind...)
    - Can it modify the app to scan for files on a phone? At present, you have to open pdf docs; when you open the app itself, it gets stuck on the welcome screen. Perhaps there's another pane to grab on the right, but I can't see it.
    - Anyway to make the toolbar "slidable"? In portrait mode, you see a bit of the "save as" button, which is actually sufficient.
    - interestingly enough, the print dialog seems to be searching for wifi printers, but as I don't have any, I can't test.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast