Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bndrummo View Post
    I get duplicate folders, also. I think it might to do with having nested folders with the same names. Also, with the folders extension installed, I no longer see PDFs in either Box.net or Google Docs. So, I backed it out. Still, it would be nice to have so I hope the developer takes another look at it.
    I uploaded versions (1.8.2 & 1.8.7) that include fixes for the duplicate folders and remote file services (box.net, google, etc...). I also restricted the displayed folders to those having PDF documents. Give it a shot and let me know how it works.
    After downloading and pressing "Open" in browser, appears message "Cannot open MIME type".
    What is this, and how I can install this patch ?
    Please help me!
    Quote Originally Posted by cre@tor View Post
    After downloading and pressing "Open" in browser, appears message "Cannot open MIME type".
    What is this, and how I can install this patch ?
    Please help me!
    Do you have preware installed?
    If you mean that Adobe Reader have been installed with update 3.0.4 - so yes.
    I don't install other apps from HP App Catalog.
    I just bought that device, and try to open PDF file, but it doesn't open.
    Sorry for my English.
    Quote Originally Posted by cre@tor View Post
    If you mean that Adobe Reader have been installed with update 3.0.4 - so yes.
    I don't install other apps from HP App Catalog.
    I just bought that device, and try to open PDF file, but it doesn't open.
    Sorry for my English.
    Well, you should read this 1st http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html
    Just updated to 1.8.7 and still having the duplicate folders problem. Haven't tested other fixes yet.
    Also would be nice to go up to the parent folder without having to close adobe.

**Edit** never mind, if you tap on my touchpad you go up to the root (media/internal)
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Also would be nice to go up to the parent folder without having to close adobe.

**Edit** never mind, if you tap on my touchpad you go up to the root (media/internal)
    You should also be able to slide the panel to the right or tap the handle to go up a directory (like the email app).
  9.    #29  
    Just updated to 1.8.7 and still having the duplicate folders problem. Haven't tested other fixes yet.
    Interesting I had three duplicate folders and they are no longer duplicated. I'll see if I can figure out why you are still be experiencing this.
    1.87 seems to be working very well for me. Thanks. No duplicate folders, folders filtered, and Dropbox back.

Spyke
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    You should also be able to slide the panel to the right or tap the handle to go up a directory (like the email app).
    Cool... Thanks, I hadn't noticed the handle

If the duplicate folders problem had something to do with nested folders, could it be the quantity or size of the folders messing it up? I have quite a few and some of them go 6 folders deep.

Also some folders hang indefinitely, and randomly. I understand that it is scanning all the folders but isn't it just searching the file names? All the folders are readable with gemini or internalz
    knownboyofno
    Thank you so much. All I needed was a little bit of instruction and encouragement. That makes a big difference to me! Now I can see all of the bookmarks. Really great input from you, even though it may seem obvious. Thank you!
  13.    #33  

If the duplicate folders problem had something to do with nested folders, could it be the quantity or size of the folders messing it up? I have quite a few and some of them go 6 folders deep.

Also some folders hang indefinitely, and randomly. I understand that it is scanning all the folders but isn't it just searching the file names? All the folders are readable with gemini or internalz
    I am thinking it might have something to do with nesting or the number of docs in a hierarchy or single folder. I will experiment with it some more.

I experienced the hanging too but thought it might have been due to the dozens of installs I did on this without a restart. I'll see if I can repro and figure this out as well.

box.net and google docs are now both accessible with 1.8.7 and folders that didn't have any pdfs are no longer displayed. And finding pdfs in the folders on the whole feels snappier. However, I'm still getting duplicate folders. I agree it might have to do with the number of nesting levels. I use 4 and 5 levels in places.
    I am thinking it might have something to do with nesting or the number of docs in a hierarchy or single folder. I will experiment with it some more.

I experienced the hanging too but thought it might have been due to the dozens of installs I did on this without a restart. I'll see if I can repro and figure this out as well.
    Is the pdf browser searching for every pdf in each folder? If so I think that is likely why it is hanging. It would be faster and more efficient if it only looked to see if there is 1 pdf in that folder and then moved on to the next folder in the directory. The parent directory would then not care how many nested folders there were.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Thanks, I just need to install "Preware" before, and it worked.
  17.    #37  
    Is the pdf browser searching for every pdf in each folder? If so I think that is likely why it is hanging. It would be faster and more efficient if it only looked to see if there is 1 pdf in that folder and then moved on to the next folder in the directory. The parent directory would then not care how many nested folders there were.
    The file service pulls back all files in /media/internal and the app loops through them building the structure and filtering. I made a few optimisations but I think it could use more scrutiny. I'll spend more time on it over the next few days.
    Can someone tell me if they are able to find this in the HP App Catalog? I tried searching using "Adobe Reader" and "PDF reader" but no luck. Am I searching for the wrong name?

Thanks.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by sw1sh View Post
    Can someone tell me if they are able to find this in the HP App Catalog? I tried searching using "Adobe Reader" and "PDF reader" but no luck. Am I searching for the wrong name?
    Thanks.
    The patched version is not available through the app catalog. You will need to download it from the first post and install it through preware.
    The patched version is not available through the app catalog. You will need to download it from the first post and install it through preware.
    Thanks but in case I need to revert back, don't I download it from the app catalog? I can't seem to find it.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast