Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    The 2.0.0 & 2.0.6 patches for the new version of adobe no longer open password protected pdfs. Can anyone look at this, please? The old versions work but eventually adobe forces an update on top of them
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ek9cusco View Post
    I'm noob and just found this. I'm in 3.05 on my TP. Not sure which to install, since the first post has so many versions.
    The latest versions (listed in the first post) have the best feature set, but there's a small problem with a memory leak which seems to have been introduced with the 2.0+ releases. It will cause WebOS to run out of memory and require a reboot after you have paged through 40-50 pages. This problem has been outstanding for several months, and might not get fixed. The older version 1.8x version doesn't seem to have the problem, and still works, but will be overwritten once in a while by WebOS updates.

As for the two alternative versions with different renderers, there's no fixed answer. One works best for some things, the other works best for other things. I use the faster alternative mupdf renderer, and it seems to work fine for my documents, but I have seen it go wrong with a few.
    Does anyone know of a way we can enable entry to text-fields, in form pdfs? Is this available in any third party apps - like SmartOffice?
    my touchpad fried up and had to return it for a refurb. the last thing i upgraded on touchpad was this adobe which was awesome, and i had adobe running when touchpad crashed.
    I wonder if this had something to do with it?

i just got the new touchpad back, and trying to decide if i should install this again
    what is missing to have this running on webOS 2.2.4 (Pre2/3) ?

The Adobe 2.0.0 Version IPK installed and after selecting Adobe Reader as standard app for PDF it also opens the Adobe Reader and tries to open a pdf, but stays on a little circle.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gavordda View Post
    my touchpad fried up and had to return it for a refurb. the last thing i upgraded on touchpad was this adobe which was awesome, and i had adobe running when touchpad crashed.
    I wonder if this had something to do with it?

i just got the new touchpad back, and trying to decide if i should install this again
    Gavordda - I've had this (essential) enhancement for months and have not had any issues at all. I would suggest your fry up was just a coincidence and nothing to do with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    what is missing to have this running on webOS 2.2.4 (Pre2/3) ?

The Adobe 2.0.0 Version IPK installed and after selecting Adobe Reader as standard app for PDF it also opens the Adobe Reader and tries to open a pdf, but stays on a little circle.
    Oh btw. works now on my Pre2 (after reboot??).

Well i can't open it and select a file, but when i set PDF standard app to ADOBE READER and open the file in Internalz it now lauches and displays the PDF. A bit slow sometimes but i now have a third reader (beside pdf-viewer and picsel smart office) for the hard case PDFs on my Pre2. Thanks for that folks.
    When turning on "Two Page View" I am able to scroll, but the page only scroll's once, instead of the expected left and right pages both scrolling two pages ahead. Seems like the Two Page View doesn't take both pages into account when scrolling back or forth, instead each page scrolls independently.

EXCEPTION: If the left page is scrolled backward or forward, the right page also scrolls backward or forward, but even when scrolling using the left page side of the screen, the better behavior would be to scroll 2 pages ahead or back, since it's in Two Page View.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivencompassion View Post
    When turning on "Two Page View" I am able to scroll, but the page only scroll's once, instead of the expected left and right pages both scrolling two pages ahead. Seems like the Two Page View doesn't take both pages into account when scrolling back or forth, instead each page scrolls independently.

EXCEPTION: If the left page is scrolled backward or forward, the right page also scrolls backward or forward, but even when scrolling using the left page side of the screen, the better behavior would be to scroll 2 pages ahead or back, since it's in Two Page View.
    That is the described behavior of the 2 page view and if you tap on the side (which is kinda easier to do than scrolling) it will always change both pages. The behavior that you think isn't as behaved was chosen because it allows you to view to different pages at the same time. If you are a college student that can be very useful.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 10/10/2012 at 02:34 PM.
    When you say described behavior, which aspect are you stating? Should it skip forward 2 pages like when turning a page in a 2 page per view book? In that case, anyone else experiencing this bug or need for improvement?
    When you say described behavior, which aspect are you stating? Should it skip forward 2 pages like when turning a page in a 2 page per view book? In that case, anyone else experiencing this bug or need for improvement?
    It is listed on the first page how it works which is how you described. How you describe the behavior is how the two page view should work. Please read thru the first page I know it is long but it should help you understand better what I mean.
    So it may not be a bug, but more of a feature request for @kjhenrie then?

When a page is turned, even on the left as the behavior describes, can we request an option to have the flip skip forward 2 pages, since in a two page view, we've already read the right page that a 1 page flip in the current behavior shows?
    So it may not be a bug, but more of a feature request for @kjhenrie then?

When a page is turned, even on the left as the behavior describes, can we request an option to have the flip skip forward 2 pages, since in a two page view, we've already read the right page that a 1 page flip in the current behavior shows?
    I wrote it that way because that is how I use it and most people found it fine. Also, the adobe reader addon isn't being worked on anymore.
    Can you post updated links for downloading this version? All of the download links provided result in a Dropbox 404 error. Thanks.
    Hey guys,

could someone update the links avbove or send me the patch file otherewise?
    (or tell me if there is a way to locate it on my TP when it's already installed?

I have some troubles with my TP and need to set it up freshly and don't have any copy of the installation file.

Would be REALLY great if someone could provide it, coz without the patch the Reader is kinda useless for me :'-( and I need it urgently for University (eBooks...).

THX!!!!!
    chivi
    Yaaaaayyyyy . It's up and running again.

THANKS big time for uploading !!!!!

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Rats! My TouchPad somehow did another one of those unrequested updates and overwrote the pdf reader patch.

Strange, I had to remove the pdf reader before I could re-install it this time. I don't remember having to do that on previous occasions.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Well, this is very annoying. It's now wiping out the patch on a regular basis by automatic update. I wonder what changed?
    How about altering the patched app to report v10.3.492 instead of 10.3.484? Would that work as a temporary solution for the unwanted updates?
    Dropbox links are down again. Any chance to find mupdf for TP anywhere else?

Thanks.