Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    semma2, could you provide some details as far as how you did that with webosquickinstall? I'm still new to webosqi. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zloetakoe View Post
    semma2, could you provide some details as far as how you did that with webosquickinstall? I'm still new to webosqi. Thanks.
    If you connect to the TP (in Developer Mode) using WebOSQuickInstall on your PC, you can list the installed programs, and you can uninstall any of them, including the PDF Reader which WebOS won't let you uninstall from the GUI. Then you just remotely install the ipk for the patched Adobe Reader (whichever version you want from the first post in this thread) using WebOSQuickInstall. Disconnect and reboot the TP, and you're good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    If you connect to the TP (in Developer Mode) using WebOSQuickInstall on your PC, you can list the installed programs, and you can uninstall any of them, including the PDF Reader which WebOS won't let you uninstall from the GUI. Then you just remotely install the ipk for the patched Adobe Reader (whichever version you want from the first post in this thread) using WebOSQuickInstall. Disconnect and reboot the TP, and you're good to go.
    Thanks Semma. I'll check into the whole uninstalling process. As it is, I've removed it and installed the 2.0.0 and have lost all bookmarks and I'll get to open all my pdf's at page one.
    Plz help!!1!1

I cannot opend pdf file directly from email after, I uninstall the Better PDF. As i check, there is no .PDF file in defaulf application to switch the pdf file to be open in email.

Anyone know how to restore that section? I did reinstall orginal adobe and quick office but it does not work
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I tried the pdf reader in Picsel SmartOffice since it's on sale for $0.99 now, and it's actually ok - not very flexible, but it renders image-based pdfs much better than the QuickOffice pdf reader, and it's fine for just scrolling through a document. Unfortunately it won't open some documents that the patched Adobe Reader with the mupdf renderer can open.

As I suspected, older patch versions get overwritten every time the TouchPad reboots as WebOS "repairs" itself. I think the only way to get a sticky patch combining the 1.8.8 renderer that doesn't memory leak with the latest 2.0.6 Build 10.3.484 that won't be overwritten would be to swap the renderer in the cryptofs directory using internalz as mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Thank you thank you
    Thanks for all your great enhancements. I am currently having a problem reading some files that hopefully you can help me with. I am running HP webOS 3.0.5 on my touchpad and have your latest patch for adobe acrobat. This file
    http://bosworld.sytes.net/ebooks/fic...k%20Orange.pdf is an example of one that doesn't work on my touchpad. I downloaded it to my touchpad and with the touchpad connected to the computer's usb, I can see every page of the file on the touchpad using the computer's adobe acrobat. When I disconnect the touchpad from the computer and try to read the file on the touchpad, using the touchpad's adobe reader, several pages appear blank. It looks like whenever a new chapter is started, the pages look okay for about seven pages, then on the 8th page it messes up and subseqent pages are blank until the next chapter starts.
    I downloaded several pdf files from bosworld and they all have this problem. I'd really like to read these books on my touchpad because they have huge print and I have poor eyesight. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by yyknott View Post
    Thanks for all your great enhancements. I am currently having a problem reading some files that hopefully you can help me with. I am running HP webOS 3.0.5 on my touchpad and have your latest patch for adobe acrobat. This file
    http://bosworld.sytes.net/ebooks/fic...k%20Orange.pdf is an example of one that doesn't work on my touchpad. I downloaded it to my touchpad and with the touchpad connected to the computer's usb, I can see every page of the file on the touchpad using the computer's adobe acrobat. When I disconnect the touchpad from the computer and try to read the file on the touchpad, using the touchpad's adobe reader, several pages appear blank. It looks like whenever a new chapter is started, the pages look okay for about seven pages, then on the 8th page it messes up and subseqent pages are blank until the next chapter starts.
    I downloaded several pdf files from bosworld and they all have this problem. I'd really like to read these books on my touchpad because they have huge print and I have poor eyesight. Thanks for your help.
    Which version of the patch are you using? 2.0.0 or 2.0.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Which version of the patch are you using? 2.0.0 or 2.0.6.
    I'm using 2.0.0 (Adobe Renderer)
    I'm using 2.0.0 (Adobe Renderer)
    You should try the 2.0.6 with mupdf rendering engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    You should try the 2.0.6 with mupdf rendering engine.
    Yes, that works. Thanks!
    Yes, that works. Thanks!
    No problem, I am happy it works!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Any progress on the memory leak issue with 2.0.6 yet?
    I just installed the 2.0.6 Mupdf version. I love the improvements so far. Is there a way to search for text in pages? I really, really, really need this feature. I view documents that are over 1000 pages long. I also view documents with links to other pages embedded in them. Will it be possible to add this feature also?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Okay guys, reporting back:
    I've been occupied with bringing IM back to Touchpad and Pre 3, but I think that's in a working state now

Regarding the memory leak: I haven't been working on this for a while now, I'll look into this sometime next week, but I think I might have over-engineered this thing a bit
    Regarding the search: Actually it is implemented, it only needs a UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Okay guys, reporting back:
    I've been occupied with bringing IM back to Touchpad and Pre 3, but I think that's in a working state now

Regarding the memory leak: I haven't been working on this for a while now, I'll look into this sometime next week, but I think I might have over-engineered this thing a bit
    Regarding the search: Actually it is implemented, it only needs a UI.
    Do you have your sources on github or the like?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Thanks, I will try to see if I can help and start understanding the code in a few weeks. Hopefully you will figure out the memory leak before then.
    I'm following this thread for quite a while and really APPRECIATE all the efforts here, but for also quite a while a lot of the Touchpad app development seems to have stuck.
    Will there be any further development or improvement with this pdf app? I'd be very happy with it. Thanks a bunch!!
    I'm noob and just found this. I'm in 3.05 on my TP. Not sure which to install, since the first post has so many versions.