Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    The alpha of the standalone PDF app is great! I look forward to browsing the code repository once it is set up. One minor UI glitch; when you slide out the bookmark pane (forgive me for not knowing the official widget name for it), you can't get rid if it except by selecting a bookmark. Everything is looking fantastic.
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by MeekMark View Post
    The alpha of the standalone PDF app is great! I look forward to browsing the code repository once it is set up. One minor UI glitch; when you slide out the bookmark pane (forgive me for not knowing the official widget name for it), you can't get rid if it except by selecting a bookmark. Everything is looking fantastic.
    Thanks for the kudos! You should be able to tap on the control in the bottom right hand corner of the navigation panel to close it unless you have found a bug that I haven't yet encountered.

You can view the enyo source at https://github.com/sandnap/BetterPDF. Also if you are interested in the MuPDF rendering engine service from filmore_ it is hosted at https://github.com/filmor/webos-pdf.
    Better pdf means the enhance pdf ipk is on hold rite?
    is there a way to get opening password protected PDFs to work again? I uninstalled the updated adobe reader, reinstalled 2.0.0. It asks me for the password but never opens...
    is there a way to get the older adobe reader back with the patch? That was working great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    is there a way to get the older adobe reader back with the patch? That was working great for me.
    Reinstall it then go an select it as the default reader like you did for BetterPDF.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Reinstall it then go an select it as the default reader like you did for BetterPDF.
    I never installed better PDF and I have no problems with adobe reader being the default handler. The 2.0.0 patch does not allow me to open password protected PDFs since I let adobe reader update itself
    Got the old adobe reader installed with appropriate 2.0.0 patch. Password PDFs opening! Now I just have to resist updating adobe wish I could get rid of the update icon.
    If I want to test the betterpdf, how do I create the image file? Just create an empty directory? Or do I have to copy it or download it from somewhere?
    Got the old adobe reader installed with appropriate 2.0.0 patch. Password PDFs opening! Now I just have to resist updating adobe wish I could get rid of the update icon.
    If I want to test the betterpdf, how do I create the image file? Just create an empty directory? Or do I have to copy it or download it from somewhere?
    Just create an empty folder.
    Sorry, I misread it.
    Hi, I've just installed this patch, but I'm not really sure how to turn pages correctly, when I click on left or right of the displayed page, sometimes page turns, sometimes menubar appears or disappears, am I wrong ?

And how can can I turn pages when page is full zoomed ?

Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    Hi, I've just installed this patch, but I'm not really sure how to turn pages correctly, when I click on left or right of the displayed page, sometimes page turns, sometimes menubar appears or disappears, am I wrong ?

And how can can I turn pages when page is full zoomed ?

Thanks !
    You can change to size of the change page area in the patch settings and you can tap the side when zoomed in. If you tap outside of the area the menu will come up.
    UGH......... Somehow Adobe Reader updated itself without me knowing. Does this mean that I've lost all the bookmarks along with the pdfs opening to the previously viewed page? What should I do from here? Do I need to just get the most recent edition of "the Enhancements"? Or should I roll back to the last version of Adobe reader first?

And how is betterpdf any different?

GREAT work to all those involved in this project. Nothing short of amazing how much better the pdf reader is with these add-ons. Sorry I have so many questions.
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by zloetakoe View Post
    UGH......... Somehow Adobe Reader updated itself without me knowing. Does this mean that I've lost all the bookmarks along with the pdfs opening to the previously viewed page? What should I do from here? Do I need to just get the most recent edition of "the Enhancements"? Or should I roll back to the last version of Adobe reader first?

GREAT work to all those involved in this project. Nothing short of amazing how much better the pdf reader is with these add-ons. Sorry I have so many questions.
    I typically remove the unpatched version with preware and install the latest patched version. Unfortunately you will most likely lose your bookmarks, current page, etc...

BetterPDF is an alternative to the adobe reader that has been built from scratch so there are no ties or dependencies between them. It's an early release so it doesn't have all of the features that the enhanced reader does but it has current page retention, table of contents, user bookmarks, horizontal scroll lock, goto page text field, thumbnails, page turn tap zones, and page zoom retention. With control over the source code and developer contributions it has the potential to become a first class PDF reader. I prefer it over the adobe reader and use it exclusively but then I am clearly biased .
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I typically remove the unpatched version with preware and install the latest patched version. Unfortunately you will most likely lose your bookmarks, current page, etc...

BetterPDF is an alternative to the adobe reader that has been built from scratch so there are no ties or dependencies between them. It's an early release so it doesn't have all of the features that the enhanced reader does but it has current page retention, table of contents, user bookmarks, horizontal scroll lock, goto page text field, thumbnails, page turn tap zones, and page zoom retention. With control over the source code and developer contributions it has the potential to become a first class PDF reader. I prefer it over the adobe reader and use it exclusively but then I am clearly biased .
    I'm very grateful for the work done here. Figured I'd ask if anyone had the time to see if they can get password protected pdfs to open with 2.0.0 patch for the ...92 version.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

The same happened to me. I installed the 2.0.6 over the auto updated version (I did not removed the existing version) and all my bookmarks are still there.

I expect that is working as the Adobe version do not know anything about the db of that patched version. As a result it do not change anything there. But I would expect that the db of the patched version will be removed if you uninstall the updated Adobe version before reinstalling the patched 2.0.6

HaPe
    I'm very grateful for the work done here. Figured I'd ask if anyone had the time to see if they can get password protected pdfs to open with 2.0.0 patch for the ...92 version.
    I tried changing the version number in the older ipk with internalz. That apparently wasn't enough to stop adobe wanting to update. Passwords work with the older ipk (483) but eventually adobe updates itself when I'm not looking...
    ""The same happened to me. I installed the 2.0.6 over the auto updated version (I did not removed the existing version) and all my bookmarks are still there.

I expect that is working as the Adobe version do not know anything about the db of that patched version. As a result it do not change anything there. But I would expect that the db of the patched version will be removed if you uninstall the updated Adobe version before reinstalling the patched 2.0.6""

HaPe
    -------

DOH! Just tried this, but chose the 2.0.0 version and I did not have success. Now I just get an empty white screen whenever I open a PDF.

Any ideas from here?

Also, where do I get betterpdf???
    ""The same happened to me. I installed the 2.0.6 over the auto updated version (I did not removed the existing version) and all my bookmarks are still there.

I expect that is working as the Adobe version do not know anything about the db of that patched version. As a result it do not change anything there. But I would expect that the db of the patched version will be removed if you uninstall the updated Adobe version before reinstalling the patched 2.0.6""

HaPe
    -------

DOH! Just tried this, but chose the 2.0.0 version and I did not have success. Now I just get an empty white screen whenever I open a PDF.

Any ideas from here?

Also, where do I get betterpdf???
    Try to uninstall with preware, restart then reinstall the patch.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My Adobe Reader also updated itself automatically after weeks of ignoring the update notice. That's not the first time that my TouchPad has installed an update automatically when it hasn't been told to, so either there's a loophole (maybe when you reboot it?), or WebOS just forces the update after a while.

The latest standard Adobe Reader is no better than earlier versions, so I just uninstalled it from WebOSQuickInstall and re-installed my hybrid 1.8.8/2.0.0 version and it works fine, even keeps my bookmarks. I assume I'll be nagged constantly to update, and I'll have to redo this whenever it auto-updates.