Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 362
Like Tree33Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Note: /media/internal/.pdf_images is not created on install and without it the images are not rendered. I created and the program works well. This is a great start!
    Ah yes I forgot about that requirement. Thanks!

    It's hard to start over after all the work we have in the patches but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Next step is to get this source into a repository so we can do this properly. Perhaps the webos internals repository as was suggested earlier.
  2. #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Ah yes I forgot about that requirement. Thanks!

    It's hard to start over after all the work we have in the patches but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Next step is to get this source into a repository so we can do this properly. Perhaps the webos internals repository as was suggested earlier.
    I was thinking the same thing too. I added the render all pages option to the patch but if we have started this then I am not worrying about it. Thanks for the hard work.
  3. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #283  
    Just add the code to some public github repo (or anything similar). Moving around is not a problem
  4. #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    This application (named Better PDF for now) is not feature complete and is buggy but is intended to serve as a starting point for a project that with some community involvement has the potential to evolve into a first class webOS PDF reader.
    ...
    If you want to give this a try you can download it here.
    Loaded it up. After a restart and creating the image directory, seems to working. Thanks...
  5. #285  
    I'd rather wait for the official release of Better PDF. Mine only shows blank screen, even the about and help windows show the same thing.
  6. #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    I'd rather wait for the official release of Better PDF. Mine only shows blank screen, even the about and help windows show the same thing.
    did you assign it as the default PDF viewer and create .pdf_images in media\internal? I had the same problem until then.
  7. #287  
    Nice alpha!

    Bug - The render pages on open setting does not save, even though you tap save. Is this setting supposed to render all the pages up front for quicker read through later?


    Request - Anything you can do to speed up rendering of pdf's that are heavy on vector graphics would be extremely appreciated. None of the current pdf options have a decent render time. If you could solve this you would have the best pdf app for webos.
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab_R4t View Post
    Nice alpha!

    Bug - The render pages on open setting does not save, even though you tap save. Is this setting supposed to render all the pages up front for quicker read through later?


    Request - Anything you can do to speed up rendering of pdf's that are heavy on vector graphics would be extremely appreciated. None of the current pdf options have a decent render time. If you could solve this you would have the best pdf app for webos.
    Pre-rendering the pages is hard coded in the application for now so the setting doesn't do anything. I intend to remove the icons and settings for features that are not yet implemented and starting a new discussion thread for this sometime this week. I agree on the rendering time I think it needs to be improved. If you have a good example document with intense vector graphics and wouldn't mind sending it to me let me know.
  9. #289  
    I noticed another bug where if you swipe to the page the page blanks as if it was rendering the page on a goto page request.
  10. #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    did you assign it as the default PDF viewer and create .pdf_images in media\internal? I had the same problem until then.
    Already did both. I'll try re-install it again today.
  11. #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Already did both. I'll try re-install it again today.
    You don't just open Better PDF because you can't select files inside of it. You need a file manager to select a PDF for it to work OR if you download a PDF and run it.
  12. #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    You don't just open Better PDF because you can't select files inside of it. You need a file manager to select a PDF for it to work OR if you download a PDF and run it.
    I missed this at first, a little kludgy but on the other hand makes it easy to continue using your favorite acrobat from quickoffice and better pdf from internalz pro etc.
  13. #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    You don't just open Better PDF because you can't select files inside of it. You need a file manager to select a PDF for it to work OR if you download a PDF and run it.
    O I C...

    I've mistakenly thought that it can handle directly PDF file from QuickOffice. I tried open a PDF file from Internalz and it works, but sadly the dual-page mode isn't.
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I missed this at first, a little kludgy but on the other hand makes it easy to continue using your favorite acrobat from quickoffice and better pdf from internalz pro etc.
    Very temporary of course. A nice file browser with recent documents, progress, categories, etc... will be on the roadmap.
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    O I C...

    I've mistakenly thought that it can handle directly PDF file from QuickOffice. I tried open a PDF file from Internalz and it works, but sadly the dual-page mode isn't.
    Dual page mode is not implemented yet but it will be on the roadmap.
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    I noticed another bug where if you swipe to the page the page blanks as if it was rendering the page on a goto page request.
    Yeah that's exactly what it is doing. That needs some cleaning up. I intend to find a way to prevent resetting the zoom and page position on page changes which will make them faster and smoother. I have it so it's setting both attributes for the previous and next page when the user modifies them for the current page but calling the next/previous page function on the image carousel resets them. Just a matter of time to get this worked out.
  17. #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Yeah that's exactly what it is doing. That needs some cleaning up. I intend to find a way to prevent resetting the zoom and page position on page changes which will make them faster and smoother. I have it so it's setting both attributes for the previous and next page when the user modifies them for the current page but calling the next/previous page function on the image carousel resets them. Just a matter of time to get this worked out.
    I thought so. I am guessing you made your own kind but I will check it out when I have some time. That double blanking is kinda annoying. I have an idea on preventing the zoom and page position resetting on page change. But it might require me to make my own kind based on the image view or a lower kind might be scrolling image. I don't know yet but I looked at it a few months ago and found where it sets the default values.
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    I thought so. I am guessing you made your own kind but I will check it out when I have some time. That double blanking is kinda annoying. I have an idea on preventing the zoom and page position resetting on page change. But it might require me to make my own kind based on the image view or a lower kind might be scrolling image. I don't know yet but I looked at it a few months ago and found where it sets the default values.
    I am using the standard ImageView kind. Do you have a github account? I uploaded the source to my github repo and I can add you as a committer so you can contribute if you would like.
  19. #299  
    Wow, a lot of creativity here, really appreciate your efforts to make the TouchPad more work friendly.
    Next time I am traveling, will install this and check it out.
  20. #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I am using the standard ImageView kind. Do you have a github account? I uploaded the source to my github repo and I can add you as a committer so you can contribute if you would like.
    Not yet but I will get one and start looking at it when I have time next week.

Posting Permissions