Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_black_civic View Post
    I've been using 2.0.6 for some time now despite the memory leak and I've noticed the following (bugs):

When the TP is rebooted, these two Patch Settings do not persist if they were set:

PDF > Different position for Even/Odd
    PDF > Full screen view

ie. I had both settings = ON, I reboot the TP and the settings switch back to OFF (for the same PDF file, of course)
    If you read the 1st page it notes that Fullscreen view isn't saved but the different position for Even/Odd should be kept. Thanks for the info...I will look at it when I get my Touchpad back.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    This will take a little work but you need to have Internalz Pro or some type of file manager install. You need to copy arxservice from /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/import/arx/ to media\internal then install the 2.0.0 or above. Once installed but before you open it copy that arxservice back into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/import/arx/. You shouldn't have any problems but if you do let me know.
    Semma2, did you get this to work?

knownboyofno, for me, when I try to open a file, the app gets stuck in the "opening" state. It looks like the app is trying to render the image but never ends up doing so. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_black_civic View Post
    Semma2, did you get this to work?

knownboyofno, for me, when I try to open a file, the app gets stuck in the "opening" state. It looks like the app is trying to render the image but never ends up doing so. Am I doing something wrong?
    That (changing the rendering engine) should work fine because I have done the same thing before. Try to uninstall adobe reader then redownload and reinstall the patch that helps sometimes with rendering problems.
    I share the problem mentioned above about large pdfs being terribly slow...
    Someone suggested increasing cache-size and pre-render all pages, but I have no clue where I can find these settings.

Can anyone help?

thx chi
    Quote Originally Posted by chilvia View Post
    I share the problem mentioned above about large pdfs being terribly slow...
    Someone suggested increasing cache-size and pre-render all pages, but I have no clue where I can find these settings.

Can anyone help?

thx chi
    They are not in the settings right now and I don't have my touchpad to test any code on. So not available yet.
    i m on 3.0.4 i installed through QI ..everything is fine n working for me ..but for heavier files like 130mb file size magazine..it is crashing a lot...during only 50 pages of reading my touchpad booted 5 times on its own that too when m not turning the pages fast , m just moving to next page when the current page has loaded properly and this is all happening on L -quality ..... i appreciate all the hardwork ..guys and it is definitely awesome n 100times superior than the stock adobe but it is finding difficult in handling heavier files...i want to ask whether over clocking will help??
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    i m on 3.0.4 i installed through QI ..everything is fine n working for me ..but for heavier files like 130mb file size magazine..it is crashing a lot...during only 50 pages of reading my touchpad booted 5 times on its own that too when m not turning the pages fast , m just moving to next page when the current page has loaded properly and this is all happening on L -quality ..... i appreciate all the hardwork ..guys and it is definitely awesome n 100times superior than the stock adobe but it is finding difficult in handling heavier files...i want to ask whether over clocking will help??
    The easiest solution would be to install the 2.0.0 Adobe renderer. That should fix the crashing parts but the page turning is going to be slow. Unless you pre-render the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    The easiest solution would be to install the 2.0.0 Adobe renderer. That should fix the crashing parts but the page turning is going to be slow. Unless you pre-render the page.
    So i have to uninstall 2.0.6 first ,right?? restart TP then install 2.0.0 and restart..
    uninstalling will be straight ?? using QI or i have to follow this ..

Uninstall

1. Delete the directory "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.arconfiguration" and all of its contents
    2. Delete the directory "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source/patches" and all of its contents
    3. Modify the file "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source/depends.jsjsjs&$quot$;

Change:

"source/patches/PxxView.jsjsjs&$quot$;, // $Patches$ ($modified$)
    "source/PxxService.jsjsjs&$quot$;,
    "source/patches/PxxArea.jsjsjs&$quot$;, // $Patches$ ($modified$)

To:

"source/PxxView.jsjsjs&$quot$;,
    "source/PxxService.jsjsjs&$quot$;,
    "source/PxxArea.jsjsjs&$quot$;,

4. Reboot the TP
    I think you can simply install 2.0.0 over 2.0.6. Try it before going the long way round.

Spyke
  10.    #270  
    Spyke's suggestion should work fine but if you have issues after the install look at the uninstall procedure toward the bottom of the original post. The manual removal you posted is obsolete.
    thanks guys but i dont want to mess up anything ,guess i'll use this for a while ..as it is not giving any trouble handling smaller size files...
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    thanks guys but i dont want to mess up anything ,guess i'll use this for a while ..as it is not giving any trouble handling smaller size files...
    You will not mess anything up if you install 2.0.0 over 2.0.6.
    Today's new Adobe update seems to have broken both enhancements ipks :-(
    There is a new update of adobe and quick office, anyone know the chang log
    Need the new patch for the Adobe reader update today. or How can I get the previous version of adobe reader working with patch
    2.00?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by yindingmin; 03/31/2012 at 05:00 PM.
  16.    #276  
    I modified the version number in the latest patched ipk's (Adobe and MuPDF). Keep in mind that I did not merge any of the enhancements from the version 10.3.492 so at this point you will have to choose whether you want the homebrew patches on 10.3.484 or the Adobe enhancements in 10.3.492. I am not sure what they enhanced in the new version. The modified ipk's can be downloaded from the OP here.

edit: I packaged these but didn't test either version. My TouchPad is currently not available to me. Please report back if you have any issues.
    knownboyofno and Eigan like this.
  17.    #277  
    This should be a top level post but it's not ready for prime time. Below is a link to an early alpha version of a new PDF viewer based on the MuPDF renderer provided by filmor_ and inspired by the features in this patched version of the Adobe reader. This app is written from scratch to eliminate the the dependencies on the Adobe reader and therefore make it so that it can eventually be distributed through the Preware and the HP App Catalog.

This application (named Better PDF for now) is not feature complete and is buggy but is intended to serve as a starting point for a project that with some community involvement has the potential to evolve into a first class webOS PDF reader.

Better PDF does not yet have a file navigator or bookshelf so in order to use it you must have a third party file manager (Internalz Pro, Gemini, etc...) installed and you must also set Better PDF as the default application for PDF documents. To do this you must first install the application, then open the Device Info application and from the menu select Default Applications, scroll down to the .PDF file type and select the Better PDF option. This will make it so Better PDF will open downloaded documents or documents selected from the file manager but you can still use the Adobe reader to open documents from it's built in file browser.

For now you will need to create a folder named .pdf_images in the /media/internal directory. This will not be required with the official release.

Current Features
    -----------------------------------------------------------

• Last viewed page retention
    • Table of contents links
    • User bookmarks (with slide delete)
    • Goto page (tap on the current page to reveal text field)
    • Page offset (available in document settings)
    • Thumbnail viewer with page linking
    • Full page view
    • Horizontal scroll lock
    • Page zoom level retention
    • Page and thumbnail pre-rendering

Notes

• Thumbnails and pages are rendered the first time you open the document.
    • If you close the document before the rendering of all pages is complete when you open the document again it will pick up where it left off.
    • The page images are stored at /media/internal/.pdf_images.
    • If you delete the page images from the .pdf_images folder you will need to tap the Clear Page Cache button in the Document Settings dialog.
    • When you first open a document and it is rendering the pages the application will run slow. Once the pages/thumbnails are prerendered the performance will be improved.
    • As mentioned above this is alpha and very buggy so adjust your expectations accordingly.

I am not sure how much time I will have to dedicate to this project so I would like to get the source to a repository that is the most accessible to the community. Any advice on this would be helpful. As was discussed earlier in this thread once this code becomes available to the public contributions from developers and UI/graphics designers would be welcome.

If you want to give this a try you can download it here.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 04/02/2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added req to create image folder
    knownboyofno, hape and stbxxl like this.
    I have the latest mupdf based version installed on my TP right now, love it. But is there anyway to keep all the goodness it brings but disable the folder view? I only have like 5-10 PDFs on my TP at a time so, for me, the folder view just adds an extra step over just a list view of all the PDFs that are on there.
    You can always use Quickoffice (it has same file manager but without folders) - select Show -> PDFs if you only want PDFs
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    This should be a top level post but it's not ready for prime time. Below is a link to an early alpha version of a new PDF viewer based on the MuPDF renderer provided by _filmor and inspired by the features in this patched version of the Adobe reader. This app is written from scratch to eliminate the the dependencies on the Adobe reader and therefore make it so that it can eventually be distributed through the Preware and the HP App Catalog.

This application (named Better PDF for now) is not feature complete and is buggy but is intended to serve as a starting point for a project that with some community involvement has the potential to evolve into a first class webOS PDF reader.

Better PDF does not yet have a file navigator or bookshelf so in order to use it you must have a third party file manager (Internalz Pro, Gemini, etc...) installed and you must also set Better PDF as the default application for PDF documents. To do this you must first install the application, then open the Device Info application and from the menu select Default Applications, scroll down to the .PDF file type and select the Better PDF option. This will make it so Better PDF will open downloaded documents or documents selected from the file manager but you can still use the Adobe reader to open documents from it's built in file browser.

Current Features

• Last viewed page retention
    • Table of contents links
    • User bookmarks (with slide delete)
    • Goto page (tap on the current page to reveal text field)
    • Page offset (available in document settings)
    • Thumbnail viewer with page linking
    • Full page view
    • Horizontal scroll lock
    • Page zoom level retention
    • Page and thumbnail pre-rendering

Notes

• Thumbnails and pages are rendered the first time you open the document.
    • If you close the document before the rendering of all pages is complete when you open the document again it will pick up where it left off.
    • The page images are stored at /media/internal/.pdf_images.
    • If you delete the page images from the .pdf_images folder you will need to tap the Clear Page Cache button in the Document Settings dialog.
    • When you first open a document and it is rendering the pages the application will run slow. Once the pages/thumbnails are prerendered the performance will be improved.
    • As mentioned above this is alpha and very buggy so adjust your expectations accordingly.

I am not sure how much time I will have to dedicate to this project so I would like to get the source to a repository that is the most accessible to the community. Any advice on this would be helpful. As was discussed earlier in this thread once this code becomes available to the public contributions from developers and UI/graphics designers would be welcome.

If you want to give this a try you can download it here.
    Note: /media/internal/.pdf_images is not created on install and without it the images are not rendered. I created it and the program works well. This is a great start!
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 04/01/2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: I forgot the object lol