Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    I just installed version 2.0.6 on my touchpad from this thread and it has caused all of my .pdf 's to load a blank screen. My documents and powerpoints still work fine, can somebody please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
    I just installed version 2.0.6 on my touchpad from this thread and it has caused all of my .pdf 's to load a blank screen. My documents and powerpoints still work fine, can somebody please help!
    Try installing v2.0.0 which uses the original image-based renderer and see if you have the same issue.

Spyke
    I recommend that you try a the following things
    a). Reinstall
    b) remove application and then reinstall
    c) step back to 2.0 adobe based version instead of mudpdf based version (uninstall and reinstall)

these are each options to try ... On one of my touchpad I had flawless instal. The other required multiple installations to get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcniela View Post
    I recommend that you try a the following things
    a). Reinstall
    b) remove application and then reinstall
    c) step back to 2.0 adobe based version instead of mudpdf based version (uninstall and reinstall)

these are each options to try ... On one of my touchpad I had flawless instal. The other required multiple installations to get it to work.
    I'd try simply installing 2.0.0 over the top of 2.0.6 first, as it's less hassle, and if you do need to uninstall and start again it shouldn't have caused an issue.

Spyke
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    I'd try simply installing 2.0.0 over the top of 2.0.6 first, as it's less hassle, and if you do need to uninstall and start again it shouldn't have caused an issue.

Spyke
    Installing 2.0.0 over 2.0.6 worked perfectly! Thank you for the quick response!
    Installing 2.0.0 over 2.0.6 worked perfectly! Thank you for the quick response!
    Glad it worked .
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I updated to WebOS 3.0.5 and then updated the pdf patch to 2.0.6. It seems to be working fine. Just one question: I ran the pdf reader briefly after the WebOS update to verify that the old 1.8.5 patch was gone, and I noticed that there were dozens of Pagexx.pdf files listed in the Documents list. I assume these are temp files that became visible to the unpatched reader. Do I have to do any manual clean-up, or will the 2.0.6 patch take care of it?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    These files don't stem from this software, you must have gotten them some other way (neither the adobe nor the mupdf service write pdf-files).
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I noticed that there were dozens of Pagexx.pdf files listed in the Documents list.
    These are Zinio's files, if you've got that installed. They're filtered out by the patched reader, but not by the PDF reader in QuickOffice.

Spyke
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I do have Zinio, so that's the answer, thanks.

After reading through about 60 pages in a pdf document after installing the 2.0.6 patch I got a "Too many cards open" message from WebOS. Odd since I only had the pdf reader open, with one document.

Also I notice that every page does a little left-right jiggle a few seconds after initially displaying with the correct zoom and position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I do have Zinio, so that's the answer, thanks.

After reading through about 60 pages in a pdf document after installing the 2.0.6 patch I got a "Too many cards open" message from WebOS. Odd since I only had the pdf reader open, with one document.

Also I notice that every page does a little left-right jiggle a few seconds after initially displaying with the correct zoom and position.
    The 60 pages thing is odd but I will test it out and see how it works for me. Yea, I need to fix that jiggle but that helps to make sure each page correctly sets the zoom and position. Thanks for the feedback. I will look into and see what I can do.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    That is probably a memory leak. Sorry for that, I'll try to fix it …
    First of all thanks for the patch.

But I got some problems.

Installed the patch now for the first time on my touchpad. But I am having problems with password-protected files. After typing in the correct password, some pdf-files open with only blank pages (black with Adobe symbol), some open correct, but only for a few pages, and after e.g. the 8th page the rest is "blank pages".

Non-protected files seem to be displayed without problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamalinho View Post
    First of all thanks for the patch.

But I got some problems.

Installed the patch now for the first time on my touchpad. But I am having problems with password-protected files. After typing in the correct password, some pdf-files open with only blank pages (black with Adobe symbol), some open correct, but only for a few pages, and after e.g. the 8th page the rest is "blank pages".

Non-protected files seem to be displayed without problems.
    Which version are you using?
    Version 2.0.0, webOS 3.0.4, TP 64 GB

edit:
    The file seems to be loading (turning circle on top), but it never finishes loading.
    Last edited by Jamalinho; 02/06/2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: tide
    Version 2.0.0, webOS 3.0.4, TP 64 GB

edit:
    The file seems to be loading (turning circle on top), but it never finishes loading.
    Try to reinstall it or install 2.0.6 over it. I like 2.0.6 better it is faster.
    I installed 2.0.6 over the installed 2.0.0.

That made things even worse, when opening a protected pdf-file I'm getting an "An error has occured with this file"-Message.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    That usually means that at least one page is broken. I admit that the handling of this error is not perfect though, I'm currently trying to fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    That usually means that at least one page is broken. I admit that the handling of this error is not perfect though, I'm currently trying to fix it
    Actually, I doubt that I have broken pages in ALL of my protected university-pdf-documents, and not a single broken page in any other non-protected file

Version 2.0.0 was at least able to open it without giving an error, and displayed in some documents none, in some others at least the first few pages.
    Actually, I doubt that I have broken pages in ALL of my protected university-pdf-documents, and not a single broken page in any other non-protected file

Version 2.0.0 was at least able to open it without giving an error, and displayed in some documents none, in some others at least the first few pages.
    Ok, try to uninstall the Adobe Reader then restarting. Let the update download and install the patch version over that one.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast