Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I uploaded a new MuPDF version with the latest service. I haven't tested this myself since I don't have my TouchPad with me so anyone who is interested give it a shot and report back.
    I'm unable to print from my touchpad to an HP 3055 printer. It tries to print and returns an error, 'unable to process print job (error -604)'

I have been able to print from the quickoffice version. However, landscape is printed as portrait. Will mupdf eventually support true landscape printing or is this something fixable in either version?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Sorry, the upload was a bit ill-directed, it should work now. It is significantly faster now, as I removed some bad locking behaviour. I'm also currently fixing the bug, where the service terminates when it can't render a page.

Landscape printing is an option, but that would also have to be implemented on the plumbing layer. We should decide soon, how far we want the service to be from the original one

More non-working files please
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Sorry, the upload was a bit ill-directed, it should work now. It is significantly faster now, as I removed some bad locking behaviour. I'm also currently fixing the bug, where the service terminates when it can't render a page.

Landscape printing is an option, but that would also have to be implemented on the plumbing layer. We should decide soon, how far we want the service to be from the original one

More non-working files please
    I have to run an errand but I will rebuild the ipk and upload it in a bit.
  4.    #184  
    I uploaded the ipk with the printing fix. Same link new file.
    Version # stays the same (2.0.5)? Also, its listed as 2.0.1 instead of 2.0.5-9.
    I just wanted to thank nownboyofno, filmor_, sagipe, devwithoutpower, and kjhenrie for all their hard work on these patches. When I first got my TouchPad, and tried out the stock Adobe reader, I almost sat down and cried, as I envisioned using it a lot with PDFs, and the stock app was so weak, with no "go to page x", no bookmarks, etc. I use software documentation PDFs constantly, such as for Oracle database, and I couldn't imagine trying to get to page 647 of 1,187 pages. These patches are a lifesaver. The latest tweaks to the GUI (moving the various settings to a separate window) makes it look a lot cleaner too. You rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by MeekMark View Post
    I just wanted to thank nownboyofno, filmor_, sagipe, devwithoutpower, and kjhenrie for all their hard work on these patches. When I first got my TouchPad, and tried out the stock Adobe reader, I almost sat down and cried, as I envisioned using it a lot with PDFs, and the stock app was so weak, with no "go to page x", no bookmarks, etc. I use software documentation PDFs constantly, such as for Oracle database, and I couldn't imagine trying to get to page 647 of 1,187 pages. These patches are a lifesaver. The latest tweaks to the GUI (moving the various settings to a separate window) makes it look a lot cleaner too. You rock!
    Yea, I know what you mean but I have a "k" in my name LOL.
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Version # stays the same (2.0.5)? Also, its listed as 2.0.1 instead of 2.0.5-9.
    Ouch, copy and paste error on my part. The new version is 2.0.6 and the link is fixed. My apologies to anyone who installed this. Download and install it again and you will get the latest and greatest.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Again, do the JSJSJS $guys$ $here$ $think$ $that$ $we$ $could$ $start$ $of$ $with$ $a$ $new$ $GPL$ $enyo$ $reader$? $There$ $is$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $dead$ $code$ $and$ $working$ $around$ $broken$ $stuff$ $in$ $com$.$quickoffice$.$ar$, $and$ $besides$ $we$'$re$ $in$ $a$ $legal$ $grey$ $area$ $here$, $distributing$ $modified$ $code$ $that$ $we$ $didn$'$t$ $write$. $If$ $it$ $is$ $carefully$ $designed$ $it$ $could$ $be$ $used$ $both$ $in$ $the$ $way$ $it$'$s$ $done$ $now$ $and$ $with$ $a$ ($possible$ ) tile-based OpenGLES renderer I'm working on.

I'm not experienced with enyo and JSJSJS $in$ $general$, $but$ ($as$ $I$ $do$ $now$ ) I could provide about every functionality you would want from a PDF reader that is supported by mupdf (which is a lot). IANAL, but I also guess that using a service over basic I/O interfaces is not considered linking, so the main program doesn't have to be GPL if that scares someone away. (The service has to be and will be )
  10.    #190  
    Again, do the JSJSJS $guys$ $here$ $think$ $that$ $we$ $could$ $start$ $of$ $with$ $a$ $new$ $GPL$ $enyo$ $reader$? $There$ $is$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $dead$ $code$ $and$ $working$ $around$ $broken$ $stuff$ $in$ $com$.$quickoffice$.$ar$, $and$ $besides$ $we$'$re$ $in$ $a$ $legal$ $grey$ $area$ $here$, $distributing$ $modified$ $code$ $that$ $we$ $didn$'$t$ $write$. $If$ $it$ $is$ $carefully$ $designed$ $it$ $could$ $be$ $used$ $both$ $in$ $the$ $way$ $it$'$s$ $done$ $now$ $and$ $with$ $a$ ($possible$ ) tile-based OpenGLES renderer I'm working on.

I'm not experienced with enyo and JSJSJS $in$ $general$, $but$ ($as$ $I$ $do$ $now$ ) I could provide about every functionality you would want from a PDF reader that is supported by mupdf (which is a lot). IANAL, but I also guess that using a service over basic I/O interfaces is not considered linking, so the main program doesn't have to be GPL if that scares someone away. (The service has to be and will be )
    Personally I think it's a great idea and something that crossed my mind too. I think we could write a much leaner and eventually more feature rich PDF reader. It would be nice to be able to offer this through the app catalog and/or preware to increase the exposure.

I am a Java programmer by profession but I am also quite experienced in JavaScript and between Kindle Import and these patches I am getting pretty familiar with enyo. It's been a long time since I have done anything in C/C++ and I have no GL experience but since you are clearly capable in that area I think we're covered. It would also be nice to host this on github, google, etc... (something I wouldn't dare do with quickoffice). To this point we have been emailing code around and manually merging/patching :|. I can't speak for the others but if we can agree on an enyo hybrid you have my interest.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    It would also be nice to host this on github, google, etc... (something I wouldn't dare do with quickoffice). To this point we have been emailing code around and manually merging/patching :|. I can't speak for the others but if we can agree on an enyo hybrid you have my interest.
    Hi you all developer,

I would like to point you to the webos Internals git server for hosting. http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=about the contact to get a git account is Rod, you only need to send him an email and your public ssh key.

It has two advantages:
    1) I you all should ever leave the project the code would still be in the webOS community hands
    2) It is only a switch in the git push command to get the server automatically build a new release and feed int into the alpha, beta or production Preware feeds. We use this for the Navit port and it works without any problems.

HaPe
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi you all developer,

I would like to point you to the webos Internals git server for hosting. http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=about the contact to get a git account is Rod, you only need to send him an email and your public ssh key.

It has two advantages:
    1) I you all should ever leave the project the code would still be in the webOS community hands
    2) It is only a switch in the git push command to get the server automatically build a new release and feed int into the alpha, beta or production Preware feeds. We use this for the Navit port and it works without any problems.

HaPe
    Great points, thanks!
    Personally I think it's a great idea and something that crossed my mind too. I think we could write a much leaner and eventually more feature rich PDF reader. It would be nice to be able to offer this through the app catalog and/or preware to increase the exposure.

I am a Java programmer by profession but I am also quite experienced in JavaScript and between Kindle Import and these patches I am getting pretty familiar with enyo. It's been a long time since I have done anything in C/C++ and I have no GL experience but since you are clearly capable in that area I think we're covered. It would also be nice to host this on github, google, etc... (something I wouldn't dare do with quickoffice). To this point we have been emailing code around and manually merging/patching :|. I can't speak for the others but if we can agree on an enyo hybrid you have my interest.
    I think it is a good idea but then we will have to rewrite everything. That doesn't bother me but I am not that good of a programmer and I don't even know how to write an enyo application from scratch yet. So I would be little help in the beginning but I am good at patching things up. I will be always willing to help with the program. Just let me know so I can start getting the setup and stuff.(never did a git-hub type of thing before)
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 01/29/2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: rewrite NOT reread
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    I think it is a good idea but then we will have to reread everything.
    If I understand you correctly then we should try to avoid that, as the code is not free software, so we are not actually allowed to use parts of it. We could however try to contact the quickoffice devs if we have a problem that they already worked around. I also think it's okay to get the interface definitions for the document services from their code, but, as said IANAL . Just want to keep out of trouble with this as it could (if it's done right) bring in some money, and that's were the problems could start.

That doesn't bother me but I am not that good of a programmer and I don't even know how to write an enyo application from scratch yet.
    Me neither, but there are tutorials on the main developer site to go through. A good exercise might be to re-implement the document browser. (That would also be cool to be used as some generic file browsing component for stuff like a ROM browser which I would truly like to have )

So I would be little help in the beginning but I am good at patching things up. I will be always willing to help with the program. Just let me know so I can start getting the setup and stuff.(never did a git-hub type of thing before)
    Just try to get used to git, it's actually not that big a deal, as there are a lot of tutorials for the basic functionality (tell me if you need pointers on that).

Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    It might be a problem here, because I don't use your framework and need Python and the Boost headers on the compiling machine. But that is something to worry about later

That was also my idea

I would say we first try to accomplish feature parity but with annotations in our minds. I'll do djvu and xps support support if I have a free weekend in the coming months.

It would also be nice to host this on github, google, etc... (something I wouldn't dare do with quickoffice).
    I already have my github repo, but I think opening a new one for the application layer would be a good idea. We could mirror it to the webos-internals server and (in due time) merge the service (or GL renderer, if it's ready by then).

The plan is definitely an enyo hybrid. First with a hidden plugin like it's done now, later with an OpenGL rendered page area. Roadmap anyone?
    knownboyofno likes this.
    If I understand you correctly then we should try to avoid that, as the code is not free software, so we are not actually allowed to use parts of it. We could however try to contact the quickoffice devs if we have a problem that they already worked around. I also think it's okay to get the interface definitions for the document services from their code, but, as said IANAL . Just want to keep out of trouble with this as it could (if it's done right) bring in some money, and that's were the problems could start.

Me neither, but there are tutorials on the main developer site to go through. A good exercise might be to re-implement the document browser. (That would also be cool to be used as some generic file browsing component for stuff like a ROM browser which I would truly like to have )

Just try to get used to git, it's actually not that big a deal, as there are a lot of tutorials for the basic functionality (tell me if you need pointers on that).

It might be a problem here, because I don't use your framework and need Python and the Boost headers on the compiling machine. But that is something to worry about later

That was also my idea

I would say we first try to accomplish feature parity but with annotations in our minds. I'll do djvu and xps support support if I have a free weekend in the coming months.

I already have my github repo, but I think opening a new one for the application layer would be a good idea. We could mirror it to the webos-internals server and (in due time) merge the service (or GL renderer, if it's ready by then).

The plan is definitely an enyo hybrid. First with a hidden plugin like it's done now, later with an OpenGL rendered page area. Roadmap anyone?
    I meant rewrite not reread. (didn't proofread that post ) But I will look into getting everything setup in linux in the coming weeks.
  16.    #196  
    Knownboyofno,

I don't mind kicking off a foundation (document renderer, file browser, and database) while you get your environment set up since I have done it before.

Filmor_',

I have a github account too but it really doesn't matter to me where we set up. Nice thing is that we can move code around later once we come up with the best strategy.

I also wouldn't mind coming up with a roadmap for implementing the current features with the first steps being browse fs and load/display PDF. Once we get to that point it will be easier to divide and conquer.

Last edited by kjhenrie; 01/30/2012 at 06:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hape
    I expect that should not be a problem, just contact Rod in the webos internals chat (irc://chat.freenode.net/#webos-internals) or here in the forum (http://forums.webosnation.com/members/18504.html) he also added some requirements to the build environment that we had when we started the Navit build.

HaPe

If there’ll be graphic design works to be done, I would be glad to support the project!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    knownboyofno and kjhenrie like this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Does anyone else feel that there should be a HORIZONTAL SCROLL LOCK?

Can be really helpful when reading books especially when swiping to next page while zoomed in. Can anyone guide me in how I can write a patch like that or if someone has time to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ha9981 View Post
    Does anyone else feel that there should be a HORIZONTAL SCROLL LOCK?

Can be really helpful when reading books especially when swiping to next page while zoomed in. Can anyone guide me in how I can write a patch like that or if someone has time to do it.
    What do you mean? I think you should read the first post for 2.0.0 that should answer your question. Also, the position isn't kept when you swipe to the next page. The reason behind this is if you zoom in a lot then you are swiping the page several times to the bottom of the page. Then you swipe to the new page which would bring you back to the bottom of the new page.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 02/01/2012 at 09:52 PM.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast