Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree8Likes
    /me gets out the popcorn ...

But seriously, you two guys need to get together and sort out this conflict.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Well today without the patches battery life was back to unpredictable. Hit or miss. If you notice gains, stick with it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Is this really the fault of the patch? I did not recognize "excessive battery usage" with this patch. Maybe it is slightly higher, but that is to be expected from the explanations rrmauser gave in this thread.

People should see if the have the issue after calls without a data connection. There seems to be some bad issue(s) in webOs itself causing excessive battery usage (and sometimes also CPU usage) at random.
    I just did a clean re-install of 2.2.4 on my Veer and only have the following 5 patches currently and battery drain is considerably less!

Bypass PIN
    HP WebOS Carrier String
    No Autodial from Call Log
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Rotated Battery Icon and SM Percent Text

Drain so far only 7% in 3 or so hours. Where before it would be that in 1 hour usually.

I'm not sure which patch caused it, because I really had 60 or so patches installed, but will try to find out by adding them one by one.
    any one know if the Pre 3 would be better suited to use the legacy patch? It has less available ram than a pre plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    any one know if the Pre 3 would be better suited to use the legacy patch? It has less available ram than a pre plus.
    No, follow the patch creator's advice and use the correct patch with the correct device...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567