Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    My wifes still on a Pre- and I tried to install this on her's with 1.4.5 and it wont install. I uninstalled a few patches she had, but still didnt work. I may try EPR then install this first, then reinstall the other patches (she dont have many) and see if it works...
    Do you get the same messages (a few posts above) with an error at swaphack.sh? The author made an update that will be in preware soon that might fix it...
    Looks like Unset CFQ IO Scheduler was the conflict for my wifes 1.4.5 not installing. Without that it installed fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yes, I know its the problem...I am looking into what I can do to fix it.
    Are there any incompatibility with this patch?

Disk Cache mod
    [patch in preware] Disk Cache mod

For what reason are these settings not in one patch?
    Error log from fresh install of system control optimization patch this morning.
    UK Pre 3 running 2.2.4 / A-1 Skyraider kernel

--------------------------------
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11214 100 11214 0 0 7392 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 18721
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimization
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimization.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/init.d/swaphack.sh.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimization from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimization.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    yes this patch would not update this morning for me either Rob . Thanks for all your hard work man, I appreciate it .
    Confirming same issue.
    Pixi+ 1.4.5
    I'm on the pre³

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Confirmed! Cannot install the new version from preware ...
    I did not have the previous version of the SCO patch on my Pre 3 but the new updated version installed fine on my Pre 3 a few minutes ago.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes this patch would not update this morning for me either Rob . Thanks for all your hard work man, I appreciate it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm on the pre

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Same here. I pressed update and it started to download but then the install failed. I did a luna restart to try again, but when I did the patch is now shown as available (not installed).

I now have a system without the patch, but it is more laggy than the stock system.

Will upload IPKG Log in a few min.

Keep up the good work, appreciate it!
    Last edited by LevSer; 01/28/2012 at 09:09 PM.
    anyone trying to fix this issue yet ?? Just wondering .
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Looks like Unset CFQ IO Scheduler was the conflict for my wifes 1.4.5 not installing. Without that it installed fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Same here on my 2.1.1 Veer: Removed Unset CFQ IO Scheduler and the installation of the System Control Optimization finally worked. As I have just normal Uber Kernels in use the Scheduler patch isn’t important for me anyway.
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPads Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    after removing the unset patch I was able to install this patch . So that is where the issue is . Just sayin. Thanks
    the unset patch is pretty useless anyways, most kernels dont need it and those that do now set it in the kernel when the phone is booting anyways.

Totally uneeded patch.
    I installed this patch and the swap 1mb patch and it seemed to drain my battery faster on my pre2. I uninstall them and my battery life became way better...Hmmm That normal?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    the unset patch is pretty useless anyways, most kernels dont need it and those that do now set it in the kernel when the phone is booting anyways.

Totally uneeded patch.
    rmausser, do you even know what you are talking about or do you just enjoy spouting nonsense? If you do not want to use Unset CFQ IO patch, that is your choice but saying that it is useless means that you have a lack of understanding of what it does in the first place.

The patch was created because Palm felt the need to force the use of CFQ regardless of the default IO scheduler compiled into the kernel. This means that if a scheduler other than CFQ is set to default or CFQ is not compiled into the kernel will cause an error condition or unexpected behavior.

So it is definitely not an unneeded patch. Instead, why don't you make a patch that does not conflict.

If you are still butthurt over Buttah, get over it AND GROW UP. Making snippy comments does not add any value.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I installed this patch and the swap 1mb patch and it seemed to drain my battery faster on my pre2. I uninstall them and my battery life became way better...Hmmm That normal?
    It's expected if the patches do not take battery consumption into account. Patches that cause excessive battery consumption should clearly be marked as such.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast