Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 126
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #81  
    Please read above. I made a mistake in the code, and an update is being added to Preware.

    If you cannot wait, here is the update.

    Install with Internalz Pro

    Let me know if it works.

    PS: the webos 3.0.5 patch checkmark box was removed from the Patches Portal, I dont know why. Use the attached patchfile for webOS 3.0.5

    Also, this patch works well in conjunction with the "Increase Touch Sensitivity" patch I made.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #82  
    just trieded to install on pre- 1.4.5. 1 hunk failed...rejects to /etc/init.d/swaphack.sh.rej. Any ideas? I did have the disk cache patch installed, but I removed that first.
    Last edited by dballew; 01/21/2012 at 10:47 AM.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    just trieded to install on pre- 1.4.5. 1 hunk failed...rejects to /etc/init.d/swaphack.sh.rej. Any ideas? I did ave the isk cache patch installed, but I removed that first
    The legacy one in Preware? Or the link above....which wasnt made for the Pre-
  4. #84  
    I just realized that this might conflict with the "Unthrttle Download Manager" patch.

    Try uninstalling it, then using this patch. Let me know if it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Glad I could help.
    I would suggest resizing your swap to 500mb, if you can, in these instructions.
    This will work with 1.4.5
    Any chance you can shed a little light on how you think the stock kernel, "Disk Cache Mod" (swap =1MB), CompCache via a kernel, and the (potentially dangerous) task of increasing the swap partion all compare (at least by performance), particularly where the RAM-starved 1.4.5 Pre- is concerned?

    I'm guessing that the 500MB swap is best and stock is worst. I'm going to resize the partitions on my Pre- but I'm not so daring where my wife's concerned. Would she be better off using UberKernel+CompCache, Uberkernel+Disk Cache Mod, or some combination of the two?
  6. #86  
    Thanks for that rmausser, I did read above and although similar, it did mention an earlier build number......or maybe I missed something....it was 4-ish AM, and I'm about as sharp as a marble at that time

    Here's what I got back when I tried to install with Internalz:

    Last edited by sledge007; 01/20/2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    The legacy one in Preware? Or the link above....which wasnt made for the Pre-
    It was definitely the legacy one from Preware today.
  8. #88  
    Ok, tried the swap file expansion on 1.4.5 .... the resizefat command isn't found. I see resize2fs in \sbin but that's not for fat partitions.

    help?
  9. #89  
    hmm, I need to look into this, clearly something is an issue.

    Will work on it monday at work on my lunch break
    sledge007 likes this.
  10. #90  
    I restored the data to my USB partition and everything seems okay again, though it did manage to completely unsort all my applications.

    Now, I am one of those people who got the weird second 1.4.5 update notice that started popping up back in december. Nothing seemed to happen when I accidentally applied the update (with the baby's assistance).
  11. #91  
    Is v2.1.0-242 the newest version for legacy devices? Because it still gives me the following error:



    begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    verify
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11186 100 11186 0 0 7985 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 17478
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimisation----legacy-devices
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimisation----legacy-devices.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/init.d/swaphack.sh.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimisation----legacy-devices from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimisation----legacy-devices.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

    Maybe it helps if I delete the swaphack.sh? Or will it corrupt my system?
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    Is v2.1.0-242 the newest version for legacy devices? Because it still gives me the following error:



    begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    verify
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11186 100 11186 0 0 7985 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 17478
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimisation----legacy-devices
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimisation----legacy-devices.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/init.d/swaphack.sh.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimisation----legacy-devices from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.system-system-control-optimisation----legacy-devices.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

    Maybe it helps if I delete the swaphack.sh? Or will it corrupt my system?
    do not delete that file!

    I'm going to give out an update that reverts back to any changes with swaphack while I figure the issue out.
  13. #93  
    Thanks a lot! Because my phone is very laggy without that patch... I already navigated internalz to the file but then i got a call and forgot it... ;-)
  14. #94  
    Sure, you go to Internalz and go to:

    /etc/sysctl.conf

    And you enter the values there.

    You might brick your phone though

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    soooooo... I read this thread and deleted the sysctl.conf

    Where do I download the new one from?

    lol lol lol... Naaaaa... Just kidding ... I don't wanna give anyone a heart attack so I'm gonna just leave this here :-P

    "The white will set you free" - Abraham Lincoln


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  15. #95  
    This patch caused higher battery drain on 2.1.2 Veer. rmausser, can you say why so?
    Will be there default values after patch uninstall?
    Last edited by ipad_user; 01/23/2012 at 03:30 AM.
  16. #96  
    I have reverted this patch back to the original values while I examine the conflict with swaphack.sh

    Update should appear in preware soon.

    thanks
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    This patch caused higher battery drain on 2.1.2 Veer. rmausser, can you say why so?
    Will be there default values after patch uninstall?
    I have not found the same issue myself.

    If that is the case, it is probably because a background service you have running is leaking a lot of memory and the kernel is having to spend a lot of effort getting rid of the dirty pages because this patch makes it more aggesively do so.

    The reason being because it appears that uncompiled web code is inefficient and tends to create a lot of memory leaks.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I have not found the same issue myself.

    If that is the case, it is probably because a background service you have running is leaking a lot of memory and the kernel is having to spend a lot of effort getting rid of the dirty pages because this patch makes it more aggesively do so.

    The reason being because it appears that uncompiled web code is inefficient and tends to create a lot of memory leaks.
    Thanks for your explanation My Veer is always without any background application running, only 4 patches (2g-3g/gps/brightness top bar control, russian layout for hardware keyboard, hide voicemail, battery as percent) and only after installation of your patch higher battery drain started. I removed patch, rebooted and battery charge still going down fast.
    First question is - are default values come again after your patch uninstall?
    Second is - if not, what should I do to completely remove all of modifications made by your patch?
    Last edited by ipad_user; 01/23/2012 at 10:16 AM.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I have reverted this patch back to the original values while I examine the conflict with swaphack.sh

    Update should appear in preware soon.

    thanks
    Thanks a lot. I will report as soon as I see it...
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    Thanks for your explanation My Veer is always without any background application running, only 4 patches (2g-3g/gps/brightness top bar control, russian layout for hardware keyboard, hide voicemail, battery as percent) and only after installation of your patch higher battery drain started. I removed patch, rebooted and battery charge still going down fast.
    First question is - are default values come again after your patch uninstall?
    Second is - if not, what should I do to completely remove all of modifications made by your patch?
    yes they are.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions