Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Remove the Touch Sensetivity Legacy and install the regular one.

The only difference between the two touch sensitivity patches was the sysctl changes, which are now a seperate patch

Install the regular Touch Sensetivity patch and the System Optimization Legacy patch.

Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Will you be updating the legacy version of the Touch Sensitivity patch to not create the sysctl file like you did for non-legacy?

I followed the step above, but now I cannot re-install the Touch Sensi patch after installing Sys Opt patch.

Again this is only an issue for legacy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by videogmike View Post
    Do these optimizations eliminate a need to use auto garbage collect in jstop? Will they not play nice together?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    They do different things and will play nice together.

I absolutely recommend both together.
    rmausser, you are a legend for creating all these patches! I've just donated.

I'm gonna wait for a while before installing this one as it sounds like you need to iron out a few things. Plus I've installed loads of patches recently and I get over-patch-nervousness! :-D
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    trowany likes this.
    I have a couple more coming up too
    trowany likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Remove the Touch Sensetivity Legacy and install the regular one.

The only difference between the two touch sensitivity patches was the sysctl changes, which are now a seperate patch

Install the regular Touch Sensetivity patch and the System Optimization Legacy patch.
    Ah. I suspected such. Perfect.

I am sure you will probably remove the Touch Sensi Legacy patch soon. We 1.4.5'ers are pretty well trained to grab them when they show up.

Thanks for the follow up!

Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
    Ah. I suspected such. Perfect.

I am sure you will probably remove the Touch Sensi Legacy patch soon. We 1.4.5'ers are pretty well trained to grab them when they show up.

Thanks for the follow up!

I cant remove it.

I emailed Rod to do it.
    So assume I use Buttah instead of the smoothness patch. Should I follow the same advice & uninstall that before applying this patch? I have not even tried yet, but might feel the itch this weekend....
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    So assume I use Buttah instead of the smoothness patch. Should I follow the same advice & uninstall that before applying this patch? I have not even tried yet, but might feel the itch this weekend....
    This should not conflict with Buttah
    For any 1.4.5 Pre- people following along, I can report that I am very happy with the end results here. I found on my Pre- that the magic is in the mix. I have 3 of rmausser's patches successfully installed and the results are very good so far.

The 3 are the Touch Sensitivity (latest NON-LEGACY), System Optimization LEGACY and the Disk Cache patches. IMO The latter 2 BOTH need to be installed to get good results in memory management. Using just the Disk Cache or the Sys Opt patches alone, I had issues. I also took rmausser's suggestion and turned on JSTop GC too.

This benefit has been huge so far. I was able to listen to Pandora over BT while viewing pictures in Mundo without any major lag or lock ups. Very happy with that.

I don't know if watching the memory graph in Govnah is actually showing me what is happening, but I am seeing what looks to be very consistent memory management. Swap hovers around 90+ which is fine for me. It bumps up occasionally but then drops back WITHOUT my having to restart Luna. (That was my old solution to memory issues). The Memory side in Govnah floats as it should going up and down as I open and close apps. I guess this is what I should expect to see too.

At any rate, I am liking my *new* old legacy Pre- a bit more now thanks to these patches.

BIG THANKS to rmausser (mau) for making these patches available to legacy devices. Thank You!

Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
    I am asking for the legacy touch sensitivity patch to be removed from preware.

The only thing it did differently than the regular patch was install sysctl.

Now this is done separately.

Install the regular touch sensitivity patch, and the legacy sysctl patch.

Will you be updating the legacy version of the Touch Sensitivity patch to not create the sysctl file like you did for non-legacy?

I followed the step above, but now I cannot re-install the Touch Sensi patch after installing Sys Opt patch.

Again this is only an issue for legacy.

Glad I could help.

I would suggest resizing your swap to 500mb, if you can, in these instructions.

WebOS 2 Upgrade Pre Minus - WebOS Internals

This will work with 1.4.5

I am not sure I want to make a patch for this as it is kinda more risky.

Make sure you have 500mb of space available on your usb drive for the swap file to overtake.

For any 1.4.5 Pre- people following along, I can report that I am very happy with the end results here. I found on my Pre- that the magic is in the mix. I have 3 of rmausser's patches successfully installed and the results are very good so far.

The 3 are the Touch Sensitivity (latest NON-LEGACY), System Optimization LEGACY and the Disk Cache patches. IMO The latter 2 BOTH need to be installed to get good results in memory management. Using just the Disk Cache or the Sys Opt patches alone, I had issues. I also took rmausser's suggestion and turned on JSTop GC too.

This benefit has been huge so far. I was able to listen to Pandora over BT while viewing pictures in Mundo without any major lag or lock ups. Very happy with that.

I don't know if watching the memory graph in Govnah is actually showing me what is happening, but I am seeing what looks to be very consistent memory management. Swap hovers around 90+ which is fine for me. It bumps up occasionally but then drops back WITHOUT my having to restart Luna. (That was my old solution to memory issues). The Memory side in Govnah floats as it should going up and down as I open and close apps. I guess this is what I should expect to see too.

At any rate, I am liking my *new* old legacy Pre- a bit more now thanks to these patches.

BIG THANKS to rmausser (mau) for making these patches available to legacy devices. Thank You!

rmassurer, installed this new patch to both my Pre 3 and TouchPad and I had already updated the Increase Touch Sensitivity patch and so far I really like it, thx, donated yesterday
    have you been able to test this on a Veer and if so, how is it working so far ?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    have you been able to test this on a Veer and if so, how is it working so far ?
    Thanks.
    Did this on my sisters Veer a while ago. Seemed to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Glad I could help.

I would suggest resizing your swap to 500mb, if you can, in these instructions.

WebOS 2 Upgrade Pre Minus - WebOS Internals

This will work with 1.4.5

I am not sure I want to make a patch for this as it is kinda more risky.

Make sure you have 500mb of space available on your usb drive for the swap file to overtake.
    Cool. I'll check that out later today. Thx

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I think the patch makes my veer's screen behave weird while calling. When calling, once the screen goes off it doesn't go back on. Tap on the screen, press keyboard buttons don't turn the screen back on. I couldn't even turn off the phone by long pressing power button. Had to hard restart the phone to fix it.

I think the patch makes my veer's screen behave weird while calling. When calling, once the screen goes off it doesn't go back on. Tap on the screen, press keyboard buttons don't turn the screen back on. I couldn't even turn off the phone by long pressing power button. Had to hard restart the phone to fix it.

I'd b interested to see how this patch does this. I'd like to hear more examples of this.
    im working on optimizing this for the touchpad.

I was hoping to find a 'sweet spot' for both webOS 2.X.X devices and the Touchpad (webOS 3.X.X) but it appears that while one setting is good for one, it is not for the other.

I have no idea why, but ram on the touchpad gets used up QUICK. I cant go half the day without suddenly having almost 920mb used up.

This is opposite from Pre3/Pre2/Veer, which tend to not use up the ram as much, even with only 512mb available.

So, its obvious that I need to create a separate patch for touchpads, which, I did not want to do.

Im going to try optimising the patch for the Touchpad, and then seeing how that runs on the Pre3, but I really dont think it will work well, as I feel that I need to adjust the swapiness on the Touchpad to favor swap over ram, the thing just likes to hog ram like mad!
    Thanks Rmau! I'm always after ways to make my beloved Pixi+ less of a dog and more of a beast. I think these patches fall right in line with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Thanks Rmau! I'm always after ways to make my beloved Pixi+ less of a dog and more of a beast. I think these patches fall right in line with that.
    Make sure to install the Legacy version for the Pixi!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast