Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Greetings again. My latest patch is finished: Mojo Tap Responsiveness.
    It works by removing the 0.125s pause between tapping on something and it being selected (Buttons, for instance.) It also reduces the tap-and-hold time from 0.5s to 0.25s.
    This makes for a rather more snappy/speedy feeling experience.

Available on webOS 1.4.5, 2.1, 2.2 and 3.0.
    Soon to be available on Preware, will update here when it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    2nd_Street and xandros9 like this.
    Tap responsiveness on Pre 3 already good out of the box.

Some people have problem with Tap responsiveness, and so do I. But I found it is because of Increase Sensitivity and Smoothness patch. After I remove it , Tap responsiveness on Pre 3 works normal again.

I remembered before this patch updated, there is no problem with Tap responsiveness on my Pre3, after it updated to latest version, this problem happened.

Additional info: now I only install Mojo FPS Booster on my Pre 3 and seems it makes Pre3 very responsive. I don't think other patch needed to achieve same goal.
  3.    #3  
    Please actually install and try the patch before claiming that it's not required.

In this context, 'Tap Responsiveness' means the time it takes the OS to respond after you've tapped an item such as a button or list item. By default, webOS has a 0.15 second delay before anything happens, such as changing scenes or confirming something, this patch removes that delay, so the OS responds as soon as you've tapped an item instead of 0.15 seconds afterward.

And Mojo FPS Booster does indeed increase the responsiveness and smoothness of the device, but it still has an annoying 'snap' when you start scrolling, too-fast flick scrolling and a 0.15 second delay whenever you tap on something.

Unless you install Flick Regulator, Smooth Scrolling and Tap Responsiveness of course, but that's up to you.

Also, Mau's updating Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness to resolve that soon I believe, it's in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Please actually install and try the patch before claiming that it's not required.

In this context, 'Tap Responsiveness' means the time it takes the OS to respond after you've tapped an item such as a button or list item. By default, webOS has a 0.15 second delay before anything happens, such as changing scenes or confirming something, this patch removes that delay, so the OS responds as soon as you've tapped an item instead of 0.15 seconds afterward.

And Mojo FPS Booster does indeed increase the responsiveness and smoothness of the device, but it still has an annoying 'snap' when you start scrolling, too-fast flick scrolling and a 0.15 second delay whenever you tap on something.

Unless you install Flick Regulator, Smooth Scrolling and Tap Responsiveness of course, but that's up to you.

Also, Mau's updating Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness to resolve that soon I believe, it's in the thread.
    I forgot to mention Flick Regulator patch installed too on my preł. Sorry if I said no patch needed, I just felt too many patches already made to make preł snappy like iPhone. I just afraid each patches can effect each other, and maybe caused unexpected side effect. Such increase touch sensitivity and smoothness. That patch works good before latest update. Latest update cause Tap responsive on preł have problem, some members know what caused it, some even not realized and just claimed that preł have that issue. I found someone said that at other thread that preł have that problem, he/she just not realized patch caused that.
    Last edited by The Bard; 11/29/2011 at 09:01 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Well you can be assured that none of my Mojo patches will conflict- I test/use them every day and you can fix the tap responsiveness yourself if you're so inclined. Just use internalz and modify /etc/palm/luna.conf, changing TapRadiusMax to 20 and TapRadiusMin to 4. Make sure to leave a note somewhere to restore it before you update Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I forgot to mention Flick Regulator patch installed too on my preł. Sorry if I said no patch needed, I just felt too many patches already made to make preł snappy like iPhone. I just afraid each patches can effect each other, and maybe caused unexpected side effect. Such increase touch sensitivity and smoothness. That patch works good before latest update. Latest update cause Tap responsive on preł have problem, some members know what caused it, some even not realized and just claimed that preł have that issue. I found someone said that at other thread that preł have that problem, he/she just not realized patch caused that.
    I have submitted a new update to Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness patch to fix this issue.

Should no longer have a tap responsiveness issue.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    This patch is enough for me. Both App Menus and System Menu feel quicker as well.

I uninstalled TS&S. I only use this one from now on.
  8.    #8  
    Why would you uninstall TS&S? :s the patches compliment eachother rather well I thought, plus the new version is out in Preware now.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    I find Tap Responsiveness and Smooth Scrolling to do enough for my Pre3. I will give a shot to Speedy Patch as well.
  10.    #10  
    Well fair enough, that's your choice. I will point out that they modify completely different things, my patches modify the Mojo app framework, whereas ITSS modifies luna, which is what renders the entire os (including mojo.) So you're effectively upgrading the apps but not the rest of the os
    I have questions if you don't mind to explain a bit.

Mojo is on webOS 1.4.5 to webOS 2.x right?

so webOS 3.x should be Enyo?

If this patch works for only mojo apps, so in TouchPad not all app take advantage from this patch?
  12.    #12  
    Not many Touchpad apps are written in Mojo, so you'd be correct in tbinking that. The mojo patches will still improve the few that do though
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Well fair enough, that's your choice. I will point out that they modify completely different things, my patches modify the Mojo app framework, whereas ITSS modifies luna, which is what renders the entire os (including mojo.) So you're effectively upgrading the apps but not the rest of the os
    Nothing can save the Phone App on Pre3 That thing is a train wreck.

I can see the small difference with ITSS but, for example. drawing of lines in calendar is still slow when you go from week to week (My Pixi renders it faster and smoother for some reason) and there are some other slow animations that bug me and so far there is no patch for it and ITSS doesn't really address it. Maybe I am wrong or maybe its just my Pre3. For fast transitions and non-jittery scrolling I find your two patches to do the job.
    Soo I see you list 2.1, will it be making it to Preware any time soon?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15.    #15  
    As the first post says, the patches've been submitted to Preware. From here it's down to the webOS Internals guys to actually approve it. Patch approval times have been pretty inconsistent lately, so I'm afraid your guess is as good as mine.

You could always install the patches using Internalz Pro, they show up in Preware for uninstallation/to show you have it installed, all you'd need to do is uninstall the non-preware version and install the preware version when it gets approved.
    Yea I saw, just noticed it was taking a while as I tend to prefer not loading things that haven't been accepted by webosinternals yet.
    But I couldn't wait, and I'll just say this, indispensable patch, well done. Another one of those it should have come that way patch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hi.After updating to 3.0.5 I can neither update nor remove Mojo Tap Responsiveness.What have I done wrong?
    Nothing. Patches like it are the reason why we created AUSMT to replace AUPT (which had a few failure modes which patches like that trigger).

Run the EPR, then reinstall your patches using the Preware saved packages list functionality.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Nothing. Patches like it are the reason why we created AUSMT to replace AUPT (which had a few failure modes which patches like that trigger).

Run the EPR, then reinstall your patches using the Preware saved packages list functionality.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the info! All fixed and patches reinstalled.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    while uninstalling the patch for touchpad to install LunaCE I encountered a problem after restart. The system apps such as preware, device info, save restore etc do not work now and hang on glow screen. Any idea why this might have happened?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast