Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    It didn't really break my email app. The email app went back to normal after a hard reset. (hold power and home button for about 10 seconds) The issue happens after using Touchpad for a while. Not in the beginning of use of the day.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    well please remove the patch and observe if your email app breaks after hard and prolonged use or not.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    well please remove the patch and observe if your email app breaks after hard and prolonged use or not.
    Ok, will report here. Thanks.

interesting patch, didn't see it before. Is it dev/mapper (the "raid cache") and read_ahead_kb (the "linux cache") ?

I have the following recommendations for Pixi under 1.4.5 (since saving memory is the main issue there)

64 > read_ahead_kb #reduce linux read cache from 128 KB to 64KB (0KB would make Pixi slow)
    32 > nr_requests #reduce linux write cache from 128KB to 32KB (limit flush impact, improvement on lagging)

512 > /dev/mapper/store-media #double raid cache for media partition (apps, data)
    512 > /dev/mapper/store-var #double raid cache for var partition (luna, apps, data, improved responsiveness)
    0 > /dev/mapper/store-swap #disable raid cache for swap partition (improvement on lagging)
    0 > /dev/mapper/store-log #disable, not needed, no impact, maybe save some memory
    0 > /dev/mapper/store-root
    0 > /dev/mapper/store-update
    My Pre2 with 2.1.0 with the disk cache patch installed would skip during mp3 playback through the headphones. I removed the patch, and the skip went away... YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    My Pre2 with 2.1.0 with the disk cache patch installed would skip during mp3 playback through the headphones. I removed the patch, and the skip went away... YMMV
    Same here, I haven't listened to music or used this patch in a while though.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Before installing this patch, Gun bros runs choppy on my Touchpad running 3.0.5. After installing, it runs smoothly again like it did on 3.0.4. But I found after installing this patch, my email app would sometimes not load correctly. It would be just a blank card and won't notify new emails anymore. I need to do a hard reset to fix this. Anyone get any idea on this issue? Could there be a fix on the patch?

that means your filling up with useless leftovers.

try delete ALL of the following and see what happens

using InternalZ goto the following.

/var/log
    and delete ALL messages.blahblah, ie, messages, messages.0.gz, messages.1.gz etc

/var/luna/data
    and delete filenotify.db and downloadhistory.db

/var/file-cache/attachment
    delete the whole folder, then re-create the attachment folder, the subfolders inside you may have seen before wiping it will auto recreate when required.

/var/file-cache/email
    do the same as above, delete the email folder then recreate it.

now luna restart or reboot, personally i always do a full reboot, this should both fix your blank grey email (ive had this happen 4x now and this fixes it) but should also help fix the "database almost full" error that also occasionally plagues some people.

theres probably way more that can be deleted but im unwilling to tempt fate atm, perhaps the dev guru's could make an invisible app that wipes some of this stuff every device restart and some things like email could be wiped out on next reboot if chosen manually through tweaks app? just a thought, the devs probably know of way more redundant/garbage logs/files that can be wiped out.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I would like to share my experience and thoughts on this patch.

Basically, after installation and full reboot, webOS was screamin' for me. Very fast.

But after about a day, it is unnoticable and possibly slightly detrimental (webos wasn't noticeably fast anymore and videos began skipping)

It works great until the 1 MB cache fills up and possibly doesn't clear out fully. (It is probably the same at 128 kb, but maybe easier to manage dumping and filling the cache)

So, imo, it is best to only utilize (install and full reboot) this patch for a few hours, if you need webOS screamin' for ya, before uninstalling and a full reboot.

Does this sound correct?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12