Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'd like to request a patch for the TouchPad to implement rotation based stereo. What I'd like to have happen is that the system recognizes if I have my TouchPad in landscape mode, upside down (so the speakers are on top, or so I can get the Angry Birds catapult effect) the stereo is properly implemented (left is left, right is right). If I put it right side up though, stereo is inverted and left channel comes out the right speaker and the right channel comes out of the left speaker.

I would think this could be relatively easily remedied, just take a little ALSA tweaking and swap the stereo channels when rotation changes, I just don't have the coding skills to implement it.

Thanks to anyone who gives this a shot.
    Good point.. Yes!
    'Someone' didn't think that one out 'laterally' when they developed it, did they!

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    'Someone' didn't think that one out 'laterally' when they developed it, did they!
    I can see an argument for it being the way it is, if it were to flip mid-song or mid-sound effect, it might create a funky effect, but still.

Also, it'd be worth noting that it should not flip if the user is wearing headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by aitikin View Post
    I can see an argument for it being the way it is, if it were to flip mid-song or mid-sound effect, it might create a funky effect, but still.

Also, it'd be worth noting that it should not flip if the user is wearing headphones.
    True! And really, looking at the standard HP case etc, it seems like the TP was designed for a 'speakers-down' orientation anyway?

Probably, if speakers and headphone outlet are are hard-wired L#R channels in parallel (together), then that configuration couldn't be altered by any software changes either.

Still an interesting point though!

I wonder if TouchVol could support that. It might be possible that AudioSwitch might do that too - the author did mention somewhere on the linphone post, that the audio system on the TouchPad does report having two speakers, like the Pre's do. AudioSwitch is an app for Pres that can re-route media/system sounds.. just a thought.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: