Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By japomani
  1.    #1  
    One of my favourite things about my Pre Minus is the gesture area. It makes everything easier. Now that I picked up my touchpad, I'm missing the ease of switching through apps with a single swipe of the gesture area. I would love to see this functionality brought back in the form of a bezel-to-bezel swipe (swiping across from one edge of the screen to the other). Anyone one else wanna see this dream become a reality?
    +1. I've said this and I'm sure others have also. It changes one swipe to swipe the app minimized, swipe the next app over, tap to open it. Changes the whole multitasking dynamic, makes it much clunkier. It really harshes my mellow too.
    hmm. i can't get used to using the full length swipe even on my phone, i think i'd hate it on my tablet.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    rather than bezel to bezel swipe, I would prefer a side bezel swipe similar to the swipe up.

this has been done in the browser app as a patch and the advanced browser. I wish a right bezel swipe in would universally be read as the "back" command
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    T-Pad likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, something along these lines would be amazing, don't you think? I've gotten use to the browser patch you mentioned and often find myself swiping off the bezel to go back in most of my apps. Is there any hope of finding someone to get this to work?

Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    rather than bezel to bezel swipe, I would prefer a side bezel swipe similar to the swipe up.

this has been done in the browser app as a patch and the advanced browser. I wish a right bezel swipe in would universally be read as the "back" command
    I don't think this is possible. The TouchPad doesn't have touch sensors in the bezel. (Right?)

The swipe-up-from-bezel-to-screen gesture works because it checks for touch in the bottom 1 pixel border on the screen.

(So, a side bezel swipe might work. But the phone-style "advanced gestures" won't.)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by calroth View Post
    I don't think this is possible. The TouchPad doesn't have touch sensors in the bezel. (Right?)

The swipe-up-from-bezel-to-screen gesture works because it checks for touch in the bottom 1 pixel border on the screen.

(So, a side bezel swipe might work. But the phone-style "advanced gestures" won't.)

this is what I mean. I was looking to have it work in a similar manner as the swipe-up-from-bezel. Can we get someone to work on this? I think the community would really appreciate something like this! I would do it myself, but have no experience with programming.
    multi fingers touch... Flick from right to left or left to right using 2 fingers to swipe between card... Is it possible? If this kind of patch can be made, will surely change entire webOS experience on TP.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    multi fingers touch... Flick from right to left or left to right using 2 fingers to swipe between card... Is it possible? If this kind of patch can be made, will surely change entire webOS experience on TP.
    that's what I was going for when I thought of this patch. does anyone know any developers or people with some time on their hands to make this a reality?!
    So basically like the iPad's multitasking gestures? That would be ridiculously awesome for webOS, but I'm not sure if it's possible to that level. I imagine setting up a couple of gesture handlers for it wouldn't be too hard for someone with the right know-how, and then it's just a case of calling the card switch code (which I believe is still squirrelled away inside webOS 3.0)
    In previous discussions on this topic, it was suggested that Sconix's Advanced system Behaviours should be able to do stuff like this when it makes it's way to 3.x
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I have iPad 1 with multi-gesture on. But in iPad, you need 4 or 5 fingers to swipe between apps which in practical really ridiculous. Somewhat like you want to scratch your iPad screen. But minimizing the app using 5 fingers quite good. If iPad only need 2 fingers to swipe between apps, then it really great! More over so far it only available if you jailbreak your iOS. I haven't update to iOS 5. So I don't know yet if multi-gesture already available without jailbreak.
    Two-finger swipes being reserved for multitasking gestures would limit functionality in apps such as the browser (no pinch zoom- not good.) The iPad's had issues with gesture conflicts since the release of iOS5 (Splashtop Remote HD)
    So is this patch possible to create?
    So is this patch possible to create?
    I would assume, no. Happy to be proven wrong. But I assume no.
    I hate using two fingerd for anything. Just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I hate using two fingerd for anything. Just me.
    Well me too. But no other way to achieve this goal on Touchpad because it don't have gesture area. The only way to differentiate with normal touch to navigate is multi-touch fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    hmm. i can't get used to using the full length swipe even on my phone, i think i'd hate it on my tablet.
    A full length swipe is not necessary on the phone. Just a short swipe in the middle where the light bar is will do it
    I've been able to do this on android(on touchpad hardware) using a combination of Button Savior and dockfordroid. It has made using the touchpad MUCH easier. I actually don't mind the Android UI now. It is almost as easy to use as the cards (maybe easier).

I have talked with the makers of wave launcher, they plan on incorporating these features into their app as well. That will be the best solution when it happens.

There is no need for a sensor, the screen just recognizes a swipe over the pixels on the edge.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS