Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bjeinhk
  1.    #1  
    Just updated the "Close Slider To End Calls" patch and its variant, "Close Slider To End Regular Phone Calls Only", for the Pre3. It was basically a complete re-write as the Pre3 uses a completely Enyo-based Phone app, but functionality-wise it should work like expected.

I've submitted the patches to the patch feed. For the impatient, I've also attached the .patch files to this thread
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    you think you could ask sconix to update his advanced patches with this one ? or would they even need the update ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you think you could ask sconix to update his advanced patches with this one ? or would they even need the update ?
    if his works on the Pre3 already, then no update is needed
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/20/2011 at 09:05 PM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    if his includes the feature on the Pre3 already, then no update is needed
    ok then kool ! thanks for all your hard work ! you along with all the other dev's that have stuck around are awesome !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    That is terrific, Jason, thanks!

Too weird, though. I had just hung up a call and thought about how I am missing that patch and, then, there was your tweet... :-)

I just moved up from a Pre with 1.4.5 and am missing a bunch of these little fixes from that environment. Especially, my favourite Enter for New Line in Messaging.
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    Other Phone patch I miss dearly is Open to Call History...
    What is the difference between the two versions of the patch? What is a "regular" call?
    Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    What is the difference between the two versions of the patch? What is a "regular" call?
    Thanks.
    The first patch will end a phonecall when you slide the slider closed.

The second patch will end a phonecall when you slide the slider closed and you're using it phone-to-ear style (not headset/speakerphone). Essentially, this patch won't end a phonecall if you close the slider while using speakerphone or a headset. Personally, I like this better, but figured I should release updates for both.

The first patch will end a phonecall when you slide the slider closed.

The second patch will end a phonecall when you slide the slider closed and you're using it phone-to-ear style (not headset/speakerphone). Essentially, this patch won't end a phonecall if you close the slider while using speakerphone or a headset. Personally, I like this better, but figured I should release updates for both.
    Thanks for releasing it, my Pre 3 now feels complete (mostly). I prefer close slider to end regular phone calls only patch as well.

Thanks again for continuing to release your great work!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks for your work on this and also for all the other work you do for webOS. You are right, the "Close Slider To End Regular Phone Calls Only" version of the patch, does seem to make more sense.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    if his works on the Pre3 already, then no update is needed
    Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it doesn't work on the Pre3 - at least not for the German edition. So, an update of the Advanced Patch would be still fine.

Will your patch come to Preware? So far, I didn't see it there. So, I am still waiting for a way to end a call by closing the slider ...

But anyhow: Thanks for your efforts, making my phone better ;-)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kulturguth View Post
    Will your patch come to Preware? So far, I didn't see it there. So, I am still waiting for a way to end a call by closing the slider ...

But anyhow: Thanks for your efforts, making my phone better ;-)
    I submit all my .patch files to the homebrew patch feed. WebOS-Internals still has to approve them, so they're the ones ya need to bug The .patch files I attached in the first post can be installed, in the meantime, via WOSQI or Internalz Pro just as easily

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I submit all my .patch files to the homebrew patch feed. WebOS-Internals still has to approve them, so they're the ones ya need to bug The .patch files I attached in the first post can be installed, in the meantime, via WOSQI or Internalz Pro just as easily
    Thanks for the quick reply. I did not try WOSQI, so far (been too lazy for that...). But installing through Internalz Pro did not work. Only mistake messages ...
    It seems, I'll have to wait for Preware.
    Gonna try this tonight in place of the Advanced patch. Didn't like the idea having to install the entire bundle when I really only needed one.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for the quick reply. I did not try WOSQI, so far (been too lazy for that...). But installing through Internalz Pro did not work. Only mistake messages ...
    It seems, I'll have to wait for Preware.
    I'm gonna guess this applies to you: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I'm gonna guess this applies to you: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html
    Yes and no: it explains, why the downoad link won't work on the Pre3. But with the email link, it gives me an unnamed attachment, which my phone is unnable to open ...

Thanks for your effort, but so far, I couldn't figure out a solution.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Yes and no: it explains, why the downoad link won't work on the Pre3. But with the email link, it gives me an unnamed attachment, which my phone is unnable to open ...

Thanks for your effort, but so far, I couldn't figure out a solution.
    P.S.: Just after I got the functionality working through the advanced phone prefs patch, your close slider patches became available on Preware. So, no more necessarity to clear the download issue.

Thanks again for your work!

Best regards
    kultutguth
    hi everyone
    great post the slide to end calls

another slide patch I miss, is one to lock the screen when you slide in the keyboard (would be great to avoid pocket dials). I think it will need to be a "smart" patch to lock the screen only if you have all cards minimized in the background or no cards at all.

would it be complicated ? can someone do this please ?

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by ak2004 View Post
    hi everyone
    great post the slide to end calls

another slide patch I miss, is one to lock the screen when you slide in the keyboard (would be great to avoid pocket dials). I think it will need to be a "smart" patch to lock the screen only if you have all cards minimized in the background or no cards at all.

would it be complicated ? can someone do this please ?

cheers
    This.
    Sorry for necroposting, but I think such patch will be very useful. Or maybe its functionality would be restricted only to lock screen when you end call by slider.
    Could someone kindly make such patch?
    And again, thank you Jason for your wonderfull work!

p.s. sorry for my English
    The patch I miss that I used on my Pre was ending phone calls by pressing the power button. Any chance of getting that patch for the Pre 3 Jason?