1.    #1  
    So....I've never messed with Patches and PreWare for either my Pre- or my TP, but since Pre3 isn't going to be supported, figured I might should launch into this. I don't plan to use many patches or PreWard, but figured I might as well investigate it. So, are there any differences with the basic instructions outlined in PreCentral and for the Pre3, or does it all work the same? Is it easy to distinquish which patches are for the Pre3? Thanks for any info for a patches/PreWare newbie.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    i suggest getting preware and then install these patches first , unthrottle download manager, muffle system logging, quiet powered messages, remove dropped packet logging, silence missing resource handlers, unset CFQ IO schedular. these will help and may stop that from happening . these will help with any lag issues in the pre3.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Generally the patches are only listed in Preware if they are applicable to your device. (Or the description will say it's a placeholder that does nothing.)

The exception is themes, they are a disorganized mess.
  4.    #4  
    So the instructions for getting into the developer mode and all that is the same regardless of the phone or webOS version? So someone using a Pre- would follow the same directions as someone with a Pre3? I noticed the directions for us newbies was dated 1/22/10, still the most current instructions?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart works on any webOS device , just sayin

after you load preware , it should only load patches that are available for your phone , others will say they are placeholders and some will say that they are not intended for your device . no worries . but i suggest only loading preware through the webOS quick installer , load all other patches and apps with preware and uninstall from preware . keep loading and unloading confined into one place is always best.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    @Shadavis08
    Why do you keep recommending people install the patch "unset CFQ IO schedular"? Do you even know what that patch is for? It does not improve performance, fix battery problems, or anything of the sort.

It's simply a patch that may be needed if you're running certain (often alpha or beta) kernels that don't use CFQ. Basically, no one would should be installing this one unless you "know" you should be installing it, lol.