Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort View Post
    Version 0.3 is available on the first post of this thread below is a list of fixes...

FOR THIS VERSION YOU SHOULD RE-ACTIVATE THE SCRIPT if you already have it activated. I also highly recommend new version of Advanced Browser.

1. Advanced Browser 1.2.7 compatibility.
    2. 1.2.7 saves preferences without any issues so a very positive move for us using Advanced Browser as our default.

Thanks!
    JZ
    Great script !
    Just a question, how to modify your script on order to get the side bar while swyping on both side ?
    Basically I would like to set to the "new defaut" all preferences that I've set for the "normal" advanced browser.

BR
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by baastien View Post
    Great script !
    Just a question, how to modify your script on order to get the side bar while swyping on both side ?
    Basically I would like to set to the "new defaut" all preferences that I've set for the "normal" advanced browser.

BR
    If you're running 1.2.7 just go and modify them again in the default copy of the browser and those preferences should save.

Thanks!
    Installation worked great!
    Good and easy usable script, thanks a lot!
    any chance you might take a look at doing the same sort of thing for smart office vs quick office? I know people have said its not possible to replace default apps but you were able tk work around that for AB :-P
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsta1423 View Post
    any chance you might take a look at doing the same sort of thing for smart office vs quick office? I know people have said its not possible to replace default apps but you were able tk work around that for AB :-P
    I don't exactly have a copy of Smart Office to try this on. I think I know exactly how to make this happen but I'm not buying that stuff and it seems that nobody has it "available" or even a trial copy. If you want to share, PM me...

Thanks!
    JZ
    I am having a hard time running the script, it launches fine, I select A, hit enter,

then I get

A
    A

----------------Log Below-------------------
    - The valid choices are listed above, exiting...

root@HPTouchPad:/# a
    /bin/sh: A: not found
    root@HPTouchPad:/#

Any suggestions?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Version 0.3 is available on the first post of this thread below is a list of fixes...

FOR THIS VERSION YOU SHOULD RE-ACTIVATE THE SCRIPT if you already have it activated. I also highly recommend new version of Advanced Browser.

1. Advanced Browser 1.2.7 compatibility.
    2. 1.2.7 saves preferences without any issues so a very positive move for us using Advanced Browser as our default.

Thanks!
    JZ

FYI, i get a script error running script 3. Script 2 works fine. I have the latest Advanced Browser installed.

something about an error on "done", but expecting "do".

Thanks for the useful "hack"

edit:

reproduced error:

Code:
    root@PapiTouchPad:/media/internal# sh ./browser.sh
    : not foundh: line 5: 
    ./browser.sh: line 85: syntax error: unexpected "done" (expecting "do")
    Last edited by nomadph; 11/18/2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: edded error
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I am having a hard time running the script, it launches fine, I select A, hit enter,

then I get

A
    A

----------------Log Below-------------------
    - The valid choices are listed above, exiting...

root@HPTouchPad:/# a
    /bin/sh: A: not found
    root@HPTouchPad:/#

Any suggestions?
    I think the key piece is when you say "I select" --- remember there is no selecting here. The script asks you to do this "Please make your selection by typing in a letter option from above then press enter:" --- so punch in the letter in lower or upper case and press enter.

Thanks!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadph View Post
    FYI, i get a script error running script 3. Script 2 works fine. I have the latest Advanced Browser installed.

something about an error on "done", but expecting "do".

Thanks for the useful "hack"

edit:

reproduced error:

Code:
    root@PapiTouchPad:/media/internal# sh ./browser.sh
    : not foundh: line 5: 
    ./browser.sh: line 85: syntax error: unexpected "done" (expecting "do")
    Very strange... v2 and v3 of script have the same IDENTICAL while loop but oh well

I will upload a new script hopefully today which completely changes the situation. The new script will no longer COPY AdvBrowser into the stock folder but instead I am using MIME type hacking inside of the appinfo.json file --- which means that Advanced Browser will be enabled under Device Info > Default Applications --- which currently grays out all of its settings. It's a much cleaner and less invasive solution.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Very strange... v2 and v3 of script have the same IDENTICAL while loop but oh well

I will upload a new script hopefully today which completely changes the situation. The new script will no longer COPY AdvBrowser into the stock folder but instead I am using MIME type hacking inside of the appinfo.json file --- which means that Advanced Browser will be enabled under Device Info > Default Applications --- which currently grays out all of its settings. It's a much cleaner and less invasive solution.

Thanks!
    No biggy mate. Not in a big hurry. FYI though, I first installed script 3 and spat out the error. Then I went and installed script 2 and that worked fine. Had to remove it due to some features i needed like all my bookmarks and pref setting in Advance Broswer which didnt carry over after applying the script.

cheers
    I think the key piece is when you say "I select" --- remember there is no selecting here. The script asks you to do this "Please make your selection by typing in a letter option from above then press enter:" --- so punch in the letter in lower or upper case and press enter.

Thanks!
    Thanks for following up,

By "select" I mean i type the letter a and hit enter. I have tried L, S, and R as well with similar results.

I have used both version 2 and 3 of the script

I am using the terminal in webOS Quick Install, could that have a role in my problem, is there a preferred method?

Best,

Dr. Chapman
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  12.    #32  
    Thanks for following up,

By "select" I mean i type the letter a and hit enter. I have tried L, S, and R as well with similar results.

I am using the terminal in webOS Quick Install, could that have a role in my problem, is there a preferred method?

Best,

Dr. Chapman
    Grab the new update and give it a shot. If all else fails try getting "Bourne Again Shell" from Preware. Maybe the shell itself does not like some syntax. Try version 0.4 of the script.

Thanks!
  13.    #33  
    Version 0.4 is available on the first post of this thread here's a list of fixes...

For this update you want to press A to re-ACTIVATE which does both pieces of disable then enable.

1. Changed the theory behind the project. Now using MIME types and injecting them into appinfo.json file for Adv. Browser. After the script is enabled, it will open DEVICE INFO and ask you to use the top left menu to open DEFAULT APPLICATIONS where you will change what Web Links open up with.
    2. Added ability to control which browser the Just type... search box uses.

Thanks!
    JZ
    Thanks for following up,

Best,

Dr. Chapman
    I tried this via webOS QI as well with the same result of double inputs parsed. You have to do this via novacom or Xecutah to get it to work. Did here.
    Last edited by derausgewanderte; 11/20/2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Version 0.4 is available on the first post of this thread here's a list of fixes...

For this update you want to press A to re-ACTIVATE which does both pieces of disable then enable.

1. Changed the theory behind the project. Now using MIME types and injecting them into appinfo.json file for Adv. Browser. After the script is enabled, it will open DEVICE INFO and ask you to use the top left menu to open DEFAULT APPLICATIONS where you will change what Web Links open up with.
    2. Added ability to control which browser the Just type... search box uses.

Thanks!
    JZ
    I have no problem applying this with the Just type.... It will open Advanced Browser fine. However, for some reason I am not sure whether AB is used as a system browser. When I launch a link from an email it still uses the default browser. I've done the patch a few times with no luck.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by derausgewanderte View Post
    I have no problem applying this with the Just type.... It will open Advanced Browser fine. However, for some reason I am not sure whether AB is used as a system browser. When I launch a link from an email it still uses the default browser. I've done the patch a few times with no luck.
    Make sure to follow what this says... the script tells you to do the same:

Changed the theory behind the project. Now using MIME types and injecting them into appinfo.json file for Adv. Browser. After the script is enabled, it will open DEVICE INFO and ask you to use the top left menu to open DEFAULT APPLICATIONS where you will change what Web Links open up with.

Moral of the story: open up Device Info, press the meny on top left and open DEFAULT APPLICATIONS --- then change the web-links section to Advanced Browser.

Let me know if that works...

Thanks!
    JZ
    Make sure to follow what this says... the script tells you to do the same:

Changed the theory behind the project. Now using MIME types and injecting them into appinfo.json file for Adv. Browser. After the script is enabled, it will open DEVICE INFO and ask you to use the top left menu to open DEFAULT APPLICATIONS where you will change what Web Links open up with.

Moral of the story: open up Device Info, press the meny on top left and open DEFAULT APPLICATIONS --- then change the web-links section to Advanced Browser.

Let me know if that works...

Thanks!
    JZ
    boy, you are quick
    I was about to type that I missed the important step:
    "After this is done, DEVICE INFO will open up for you and you should click the top left menu to change the DEFAULT APPLICATION for the Web Links section."
    working great now. thank you!!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by derausgewanderte View Post
    boy, you are quick
    I was about to type that I missed the important step:
    "After this is done, DEVICE INFO will open up for you and you should click the top left menu to change the DEFAULT APPLICATION for the Web Links section."
    working great now. thank you!!
    That's what I figured

Gotta love mime type hacking... very powerful. I now have TIDE (great text editor for Touchpad) as my default for opening .txt files rather than QuickOffice which fails at opening the simplest file in the world

Enjoy...
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles21 View Post
    Simple things like this should really be built into the OS. I don't see a way to change the default program to open documents. Anyway to patch that?
    That's not a specific question... be very specific as to WHICH document extension you're trying to open. webOS does have a way of changing default programs it's up to the developer to include the correct mime types in their appinfo.json files so that Default Applications finally begins to show it.
    Thanks for the continued effort! The update works great :-)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast