Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello again all, here's my latest patch offering:
    Mojo FPS Booster
    Increases Mojo's FPS to 100 (all versions) and increases the poll rate for scrolling (2.1 and above) in order to increase the smoothness of transitions, and drag scrolling. Works best with rmausser's Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness patch.

IMPORTANT: If you are seeing degraded performance with this patch, try uninstalling and reinstalling. There has only been one known instance of this happening, and it was on my Touchpad.

UPDATE Sun 20th Nov
    -Latest version is now in Preware, enjoy!

UPDATE Fri 18th Nov.
    -FPS Upped to 100, Mojo scrolling and animations are now mostly iPhone smooth.

UPDATE Wed 16th Nov.
    -1.4.5 Support
    -Patch is now separated into OS versions as opposed to device versions
    -Updated so it actually does what it says. Previous values were being overwritten by palmInitFramework, thanks to moo.tinys for info on setting locations.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 11/22/2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Added Veer Patch.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Can this patch be adopted to pre- with webOS 2.1?
    Any of these downloafs work for the veer?
  4.    #4  
    The Pre2 version should work fine on 2.1 devices such as the Pre- and Veer
    thanks so much!
    Tried the pre2 patch On My pre- and internalz says "only garbage was found in the patch input"...
  7.    #7  
    Investigating now, will update with findings
    Working well on the TouchPad. Thanks
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9.    #9  
    The Pre- seems to have the same files as the Pre2, so it shouldn't have any issues installing... Did you download the patch through the 2.1 browser by any chance? The forums' attachment system breaks that, you have to email it to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    The Pre- seems to have the same files as the Pre2, so it shouldn't have any issues installing... Did you download the patch through the 2.1 browser by any chance? The forums' attachment system breaks that, you have to email it to yourself.
    That was the problem. I downloaded it via the forums app and it was corrupted. Now it works. Thanks a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    Tried the pre2 patch On My pre- and internalz says "only garbage was found in the patch input"...
    See http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    gerzhwin likes this.
    That was the case.... Good to know, because this happened a few times with different patches.... Thanks a lot!
    There is one version in preware. Is that the version that works with touchpad?
    Is Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness not called buttah?
  14.    #14  
    Yeah, the Preware version is Touchpad-compatible. And no, Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness isn't the same as Buttah. ITSS increases LunaSysMgr's FPS, decreases drag radius and ups the rate at which drag events are fired. Buttah (to my knowledge) only reduces the drag radius. Poor naming all in all, it causes more confusion than it's worth :|
    rmausser and ElectronicMan like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Yeah, the Preware version is Touchpad-compatible. And no, Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness isn't the same as Buttah. ITSS increases LunaSysMgr's FPS, decreases drag radius and ups the rate at which drag events are fired. Buttah (to my knowledge) only reduces the drag radius. Poor naming all in all, it causes more confusion than it's worth :|
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness also increases the CPU Share on UI events, so the CPU focuses on rendering visuals over background tasks.

Buttah does not.
    ElectronicMan likes this.
    and great work Shifty!!
    Hi, this patch does not install on my Touchpad. The error log says: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/blog/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness-post.inst2>&1
  18.    #18  
    From that error log it looks like you're trying to install Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness, which isn't my patch... Also I have both Mojo FPS Booster and Increase Touch Sensitivity installed on my Touchpad with no issue. What version of webOS are you running?
    Hi there! Just tried installing the Preware stable feed version of "Mojo FPS Booster" on an HP Veer running WebOS 2.1.2.

It failed with the below error. Maybe it's informative for you? Thanks for your efforts in making this patch anyway!

Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11232 100 11232 0 0 16342 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 26000
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-mojo-fps-booster
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-mojo-fps-booster.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo.core/submission/32/javascript/animation.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$.$core$/$submission$/$32$/$javascript$/$animation$.$js$
    |$index$ $a98a8e8$..$ee15df7$ $100644$
    |--- $a$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$.$core$/$submission$/$32$/$javascript$/$animation$.$js$
    |+++ $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$.$core$/$submission$/$32$/$javascript$/$animation$.$js$
    $File$ $to$ $patch$:
    $Skip$ $this$ $patch$? [$y$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$
    $The$ $text$ $leading$ $up$ $to$ $this$ $was$:
    |$diff$ --$git$ $a$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$.$core$/$submission$/$32$/$javascript$/$scroll$.$js$ $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$.$core$/$submission$/$32$/$javascript$/$scroll$.$js$
    |$index$ $e7a7f68$..$b37421c$ $100644$
    |--- $a$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$.$core$/$submission$/$32$/$javascript$/$scroll$.$js$
    |+++ $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$.$core$/$submission$/$32$/$javascript$/$scroll$.$js$
    $File$ $to$ $patch$:
    $Skip$ $this$ $patch$? [$y$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$
    $remove$
    $Removing$ $package$ $org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$mojo$-$mojo$-$fps$-$booster$ $from$ $root$...
    ($offline$ $root$ $mode$: $not$ $running$ $org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$mojo$-$mojo$-$fps$-$booster$.$prerm$)
    $delete$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    $failed$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
  20.    #20  
    I'll take a look at the 2.1.2 doctor and see what's going on. I'm sure it's finale AT&T Veer I presume?
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast