Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Thanks shifty!
  2.    #22  
    No worries, I found out that the 2.1.2 Veer frameworks are different to the 2.1.0 Pre2 etc frameworks, and for some reason there's no 2.1.2 option on the Preware submission form.
    I've submitted a separate patch specifically for the veer. In the meantime, said patch is attached below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    No worries, I found out that the 2.1.2 Veer frameworks are different to the 2.1.0 Pre2 etc frameworks, and for some reason there's no 2.1.2 option on the Preware submission form.
    I've submitted a separate patch specifically for the veer. In the meantime, said patch is attached below
    for 2.1.2
    you want to update usr/palm/frameworks/mojo.core/submission/33/concatenated.jsjsjs $from$ $your$ $changes$, $and$ $usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$.$core$/$submission$/$33mojo_core$.$js$, $and$ $then$ $usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/$palmmojo_coreVersion1_0$.$js$ ($almost$ $same$ $as$ $33mojo_core$.$js$)
  4.    #24  
    If you'll read the post in it's entirety, you'll notice that I've already updated the patch with that very change.
    If you'll read the post in it's entirety, you'll notice that I've already updated the patch with that very change.
    there're 2 patch relative to veer here, and i fail to see any changes to usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmmojo_coreVersion1_0.jsjsjs, $neither$ $on$ $the$ $other$ $2$ $patches$ $for$ $other$ $webos$ $version$. $where$ $is$ $the$ $patch$ $i$ $miss$?

the patch you upload in later reply, is exactly the same as your first post in thread thread. something wrong with my browser? or did you upload the wrong file?

btw, i guess same files has to be patch for 2.* 3.*, not just veer
  6.    #26  
    None of the patches ever made changes to palmmojo_coreVersion1_0.jsjsjs, $there$'$s$ $nothing$ $in$ $there$ $relating$ $to$ $Mojo$'$s$ $FPS$ $or$ $scrolling$. $And$ $the$ $Veer$ $patch$ $on$ $the$ $first$ $post$ $is$ $identical$ $to$ $the$ $one$ $on$ $page$ $2$.
    The Pre3, Touchpad and Veer all run mojo.core 33, whereas older devices such as Pre-/+, Pre2 and Pixi run mojo.core 32. I uploaded the Veer patch seperately because Preware doesn't have an option for webOS 2.1.2 (Veer) and I didn't want to cause confusion over the naming.
    None of the patches ever made changes to palmmojo_coreVersion1_0.jsjsjs, $there$'$s$ $nothing$ $in$ $there$ $relating$ $to$ $Mojo$'$s$ $FPS$ $or$ $scrolling$. $And$ $the$ $Veer$ $patch$ $on$ $the$ $first$ $post$ $is$ $identical$ $to$ $the$ $one$ $on$ $page$ $2$.
    The Pre3, Touchpad and Veer all run mojo.core 33, whereas older devices such as Pre-/+, Pre2 and Pixi run mojo.core 32. I uploaded the Veer patch seperately because Preware doesn't have an option for webOS 2.1.2 (Veer) and I didn't want to cause confusion over the naming.
    are you sure the changes take effect after the patch? i suggest you change the value to more strange so we can feel it really affect

when you want to change something like
    --- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo.core/submission/33/javascript/scroll.jsjsjs
    +++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo.core/submission/33/javascript/scroll.jsjsjs
    @@ -10,7 +10,7 @@

// Private constants
    var STEP_RATE = Animation.stepRate * 1.2,
    - MAX_TIME_SKIP = STEP_RATE * 3,
    + MAX_TIME_SKIP = STEP_RATE,
    i can see exactly same code but stripped in palmmojo_coreVersion1_0.jsjsjs

# lsof -np 5874 |grep mojo.core
    WebAppMgr 5874 root mem REG 254,0 33012 78 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmmojo_coreVersion1_0.jsjsjs
    WebAppMgr 5874 root 43r REG 254,0 33012 78 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmmojo_coreVersion1_0.jsjsjs

# grep targetFPS /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmmojo_coreVersion1_0.jsjsjs
    module.Types=windowTypes;exports.Child=module;return module}();var Animation=function(){var targetFPS=40;var stepRate=1/targetFPS*1E3;var showFPSUpdate=1E3;var maxExtraFrames=1;var fpsBoxId="mojo-fps-display-box";function createFpsEl(doc){var el=doc.createElement("div");el.id=fpsBoxId;el.style.position="fixed";el.style.width="60px";el.style. height="1em";el.style.top="90px";el.style.right="130px";el.style.margin="0px auto";el.style.border="1px solid #999";el.style["text-align"]="center";doc.querySelector("body").appendChild(el);return el}var Queue=function(targetWindow){this.window=
    if(win){q=win._mojoAnimationQueue;if(!q){q=new Queue(win);win._mojoAnimationQueue=q;win.addEventListener("unload",cleanup)}}else throw new TypeError("Animation.getQueue: Could not find window for element");return q}};module.targetFPS=targetFPS;module.stepRate=stepRate;exports.Animation=module;return module}();var Scroll=function(){var key;var STEP_RATE=Animation.stepRate*1.2,MAX_TIME_SKIP=STEP_RATE*3,FLICK_SPEED=0.06,FLICK_RATIO=0.5,OVERSCRO LL_TARGET_SPEED=0.25,CORRECT_OVERSCROLL_SPEED=0.3,DELAYED_STOP_MS=150,MIN_SCROLL_DELTA_SIZE=3,MIN_MO VE_DELTA=1,SCROLL_EVENT_RATE=10;var PROPERTY_MAP={x:"width",y:"height"};var SCROLL_MAP={x:"scrollLeft",y:"scrollTop"};function getBorderWidth(el,border){var width=0;var styleName="border-"+border+"-width";var style=el.style[styleName];if(style){width=parseInt(style,10);

# grep MAX_TIME_SKIP /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmmojo_coreVersion1_0.jsjsjs
    if(win){q=win._mojoAnimationQueue;if(!q){q=new Queue(win);win._mojoAnimationQueue=q;win.addEventListener("unload",cleanup)}}else throw new TypeError("Animation.getQueue: Could not find window for element");return q}};module.targetFPS=targetFPS;module.stepRate=stepRate;exports.Animation=module;return module}();var Scroll=function(){var key;var STEP_RATE=Animation.stepRate*1.2,MAX_TIME_SKIP=STEP_RATE*3,FLICK_SPEED=0.06,FLICK_RATIO=0.5,OVERSCRO LL_TARGET_SPEED=0.25,CORRECT_OVERSCROLL_SPEED=0.3,DELAYED_STOP_MS=150,MIN_SCROLL_DELTA_SIZE=3,MIN_MO VE_DELTA=1,SCROLL_EVENT_RATE=10;var PROPERTY_MAP={x:"width",y:"height"};var SCROLL_MAP={x:"scrollLeft",y:"scrollTop"};function getBorderWidth(el,border){var width=0;var styleName="border-"+border+"-width";var style=el.style[styleName];if(style){width=parseInt(style,10);
    elapsedFrames;var now=Date.now();var fdr=CORRECT_OVERSCROLL_SPEED;var current=this.current;var target=this.target;var lastUpdateTime=this.lastUpdateTime;if(!lastUpdateTime)lastUpdateTime=now-STEP_RATE;elapsed=Math.min(MAX_TIME_SKIP,now-lastUpdateTime);this.lastUpdateTime=lastUpdateTime+elapsed;elapsedFrames=elapsed/STEP_RATE;if(Math.abs(target-current)<=MIN_MOVE_DELTA)current=target;else current+=zenoCalculate(fdr,elapsedFrames)*(target-current);this.current=current;this.done=elapsedFrames&&roundTowardZero(current)===
    now-STEP_RATE;fdr=FLICK_SPEED;elapsed=Math.min(MAX_TIME_SKIP,now-lastUpdateTime);this.lastUpdateTime=lastUpdateTime+elapsed;elapsedFrames=elapsed/STEP_RATE;current+=zenoCalculate(fdr,elapsedFrames)*deltaDist;this.current=current;this.done=elapsed Frames&&roundTowardZero(target-current)===0;return current};FlickAnimator.checkOverscroll=function(){if(this.target>this.max||this.target<this.min){thi s.dontStop=true;this.animate=this.overscroll}};FlickAnimator.overscroll=function(){var lastUpdate,elapsed,
    elapsedFrames,limit,isMaxLimit,ret,bothOutside,numFrames,frac;var now=Date.now();var amountToMoveTarget;var adjustedTarget=this.target;var fdr=CORRECT_OVERSCROLL_SPEED;var adjustedCurrent=this.current;if(!this.lastUpdateTime)this.lastUpdateTime=now-STEP_RATE;lastUpdate=this.lastUpdateTime;elapsed=Math.min(MAX_TIME_SKIP,now-lastUpdate);this.lastUpdateTime+=elapsed;elapsedFrames=elapsed/STEP_RATE;if(adjustedTarget<this.min&&adjustedCurrent<this.min){bothOutside=true;limit=this.min}else if(adjustedTarget>
  8.    #28  
    Intriguing, I'll take a look into it. I do hate those massive chunks of unformatted javascript :|
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    what the heck is mojo? :-) Do I need this?
  10.    #30  
    Mojo is the framework which all the pre-touchpad webOS apps were written in. It's what provides stuff like menus, buttons etc. This patch will increase Mojo's Target FPS and Scroll Event Rate in order to make it smoother and nicer looking

I'm just this minute working on an update regarding the info moo.tinys posted, so if you want the newest version give me about 10 minutes :P either that or wait until it gets updated in preware (a few hours to a couple of days)
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 11/16/2011 at 05:24 PM.
  11.    #31  
    Apologies for the double post, buuuut...

UPDATE!
    Turns out, the patch's settings were being overridden by the ones in palmmojo_coreVersion.jsjsjs $and$ $palmInitFramework$ $and$ $therefore$ $it$ $wasn$'$t$ $actually$ $doing$ $anything$. $Whoops$. $Thanks$ $to$ $moo$.$tinys$ $for$ $info$ $on$ $palmmojo_coreVersion$.$js$.

The good news however, is that I've updated the patches with the new settings. The patches are now separated into webOS 1.4.5, 2.1, 2.2 and 3.x. (Yup, 1.4.5 is now supported. ) and have been submitted to Preware.

For those of you who want it now, the patches are attached below. I'll also update the OP and add them there.

EDIT: Updated again! iPhone smooth scrolling! See OP!
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 11/17/2011 at 07:24 PM.
    Does this negatively impact battery life significantly?
  13.    #33  
    I've been running it for the last few days and not noticed anything, but to be honest the best advice I can give is 'try it and see'.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12