Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    For those of you that want to have a Touchpad-style carrier string. Based off of Jason's patch, it doesn't replace the Phone Offline message. This can be changed upon request. Only for 2.x at the moment, but if someone wants to test it with 1.4.5 I'll update the Preware entry.

Now available in Preware!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 10/30/2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Preware submission.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I'm not trying to nit pick here but webOS has a lower case w. Other than that, its a nice patch.

edit : patch fixed with a Lower case w, thanks OP
    Last edited by phillyeagles36; 11/01/2011 at 09:42 PM.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
  3. r9s
    Can you post some screenshots where it is replaced? Is it the upper left corner?
    Quote Originally Posted by r9s View Post
    Can you post some screenshots where it is replaced? Is it the upper left corner?
    It replaces the carrier string so if you have At&t it will say "HP WebOS" instead of At&t.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's placed where your carrier would of been.

Nice patch btw, installed on my 2.1 Pixi with no issues. Is there anyway that we could edit the patch to make it say anything we want? I have tried looking in the patch via Internalz Pro with no luck.
  6. r9s
    But it is nice feature to show carrier string. In Europe we have sim cards (I have 2 from different carriers) and thanks to this I know which one I have inserted.
  7. r9s
    sorry for triple post
  8. r9s
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post

Nice patch btw, installed on my 2.1 Pixi with no issues. Is there anyway that we could edit the patch to make it say anything we want? I have tried looking in the patch via Internalz Pro with no luck.
    Open it again with Internalz and replace "HP WebOS" with whatever you want. Note: that string occurs several times in this file, so make sure to replace them all.
  9.    #9  
    I'm European too, actually :P my carrier just happens to have a rather ugly carrier string (And I like webOS.)
    And yeah, you just need to edit the file and you can have anything as your carrier string. I might take a look into whether Tweaks can do string values and see if I can knock together a true custom carrier string patch.
    palmlover123 likes this.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Open it again with Internalz and replace "HP WebOS" with whatever you want. Note: that string occurs several times in this file, so make sure to replace them all.
    I thought of that. but when i tried it the patch didn't work. Did this work for you?

Edit: Nevermind. just tried it again and it did work. There are exactly 3 "HP WebOS" on the original patch that should be replaced with whatever...
    Last edited by eny2002; 11/01/2011 at 08:43 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Good to hear you got it working
    Whenever I open on my phone via Internalz Pro, all I get a bunch of html stuff. Oh and Jason updated the patch entry to say that he made it( he's a maintainer now). But whenever I open it up with a computer, I can see the actual patch stuff instead of the html stuff
    Last edited by palmlover123; 11/01/2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Edited the patch, and now its giving 1 out 5 hunks failed..

UPDATE: new error , Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals servers.

UPDATE 2: Now its back to the same error..
    Last edited by palmlover123; 11/01/2011 at 08:44 PM.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Edited the patch, and now its giving 1 out 5 hunks failed..

UPDATE: new error , Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals servers.

UPDATE 2: Now its back to the same error..
    The same thing happened to me and the only way I could fix it was to run EPR in preware. Make sure you uninstall your theme and update your saved package list prior to running the emergency patch recovery.
  15. r9s
    For some reason (I don't know why) you must have Internet connection to install patches via Internalz.
    For some reason (I don't know why) you must have Internet connection to install patches via Internalz.
    To get the auto update stuff for the patch.
    up.

who know, how to change the text "HP WebOS" to another?
    Open the patch with Internalz Pro, find the string "HP webOS", which occurs several times in the coding, and replace with what you want.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    after that, don't insall patch, error
    Hi guys,

Nice patch, I installed it without a problem. Could you please just clear some things up for me?
    Is there a chance this patch will be Tweak'ed? It would be just great if you could choose a custom string to replace the carrier name.

I'm willing to try that myself, but I don't seem to find any comprehensive guides on creating a patch with Tweaks support — the wiki page is not much useful to me.
    Could you please point me out to such guide if one exists?If it doesn't, can you please describe a workflow I should take to accomplish this? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $beside$ $of$ $creating$ $a$ $JSON$ $file$, $which$ $is$ $quite$ $trivial$, $I$ $also$ $need$ $to$ $insert$ $certain$ $triggers$ $in$ $the$ .$patch$ $itself$ &#$8212$; $in$ $this$ $particular$ $case$ $to$ $point$ $out$ $to$ $the$ $strings$ $that$ $should$ $be$ $customized$.
    How should that be done?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: sry for my English, where I live it's 3am now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast