1.    #1  
    There's quite a bit of detail on this in various threads. Such as this one: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...r-3-0-4-a.html

Essentially 3.0.4 made some changes to the way the accelerometer is behaving. Breaking several games and some preferred orientation behaviors. For me personally I keep my touchpad at a somewhat low angle in landscape view. When I turn it on for the day, it will stay in portrait mode until I physically pick it up. This did not happen with 3.0.2, it would orient correctly on its own.

So I must make a request that the accelerometer be patched to behave the same or similarly to the way it did in 3.0.2.
  2.    #2  
    bump for justice!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    bump.....
    need this....present accelerometer (even when not playing asphalt/nfs etc) is undesirable.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Why HP, why did you mess up the accelerometer with 3.04?
    Really annoying when I keep it at a low angle in the landscape mode, like aredon pointed out. In 3.02 It would auto-rotate by itself, but now i need to lift it till it rotates and then put it back.
    Ideally accelerometer sensitivity should be an option that the user can define as per his own taste. Like in games which utilise the accelerometer.
  5.    #5  
    i'd be down for settings, but really the option of going back to old settings with a patch of some kind would suffice. ;-)
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    i'd be down for settings, but really the option of going back to old settings with a patch of some kind would suffice. ;-)
    Totally agree. I'm no dev but if someone has the source code for both 3.02 and 3.04, then isn't it as simple as swapping the code for accelerometer responsiveness? Hope I'm not making a fool of myself :P
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    +1 for patch