Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    After using bright2k's Mojo Smooth Scrolling patch on a 2.1 device, I decided it was time the Pre3 got some of that non-choppy love. Attached is a version for devices running 2.2.x, enjoy

Update: Now available in Preware! Search for 'Mojo Smooth Scrolling'.

Update 2: Now available for Touchpad.
    [PATCH] Mojo Smooth Scrolling for 3.x
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 10/31/2011 at 07:30 AM.
    THX
    what are Mojo apps?
  4.    #4  
    Most non-3D apps for webOS phones are made with Mojo, it's the framework that provides UI elements such as buttons, lists, text boxes etc. All the stock apps (Phone, Browser, Calendar, etc.) are Mojo.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Most non-3D apps for webOS phones are made with Mojo, it's the framework that provides UI elements such as buttons, lists, text boxes etc. All the stock apps (Phone, Browser, Calendar, etc.) are Mojo.
    what "snap" are you referring to?
  6.    #6  
    Open the Contacts app, then very slowly try to scroll up with your finger. Notice how the list doesn't move for the first few mm or so, and then suddenly 'snaps' to your finger position before beginning to scroll smoothly. That's what this patch eliminates.
    Open the Contacts app, then very slowly try to scroll up with your finger. Notice how the list doesn't move for the first few mm or so, and then suddenly 'snaps' to your finger position before beginning to scroll smoothly. That's what this patch eliminates.
    got it, thanks. I'll install and review
    No Touchpad support?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9.    #9  
    ...Please read the OP. Update 2: Now available for Touchpad.
    The phone app on the Pre3 has been rewritten using Enyo. Just thought will mention.
    will this patch conflict with Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness patch?
  12.    #12  
    No, they compliment eachother quite well
    Hi all!

Yesterday I tested Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness patch + Mojo smooth scroll + Mojo FPS booster on my Pre3. Before that I use buttah and no problem at all.

That 3 combo patches really freaks me out! my Pre3 super fluid, and no jitter at all. Browsing much enjoyable. But... I don't know what happen with my Pre3, battery drain much much faster then I just use buttah. In idle state, before I install that 3 combo patches, 1 hour only drain 2%. Now it drain twice to three time faster. Around 5-6%.
    I don't know if this is because of these awesome patches. Now I tried to uninstall them, and back to Buttah again, lets see if the battery drain still happened.

Anyone have some problem with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Hi all!

Yesterday I tested Increase Touch Sensitivity & Smoothness patch + Mojo smooth scroll + Mojo FPS booster on my Pre3. Before that I use buttah and no problem at all.

That 3 combo patches really freaks me out! my Pre3 super fluid, and no jitter at all. Browsing much enjoyable. But... I don't know what happen with my Pre3, battery drain much much faster then I just use buttah. In idle state, before I install that 3 combo patches, 1 hour only drain 2%. Now it drain twice to three time faster. Around 5-6%.
    I don't know if this is because of these awesome patches. Now I tried to uninstall them, and back to Buttah again, lets see if the battery drain still happened.

Anyone have some problem with me?
    I've also noticed double the battery drain since installing Mojo Smooth Scrolling. My Pre3 didn't even make it to 20:30 yesterday, whereas it usually has 10-15% left by midnight. I've uninstalled the patch for now to see if it helps - I'll update when I know more.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I've also noticed double the battery drain since installing Mojo Smooth Scrolling. My Pre3 didn't even make it to 20:30 yesterday, whereas it usually has 10-15% left by midnight. I've uninstalled the patch for now to see if it helps - I'll update when I know more.
    I uninstall all new 3 patches and back to buttah, now Pre3 back to normal condition. No battery drain fast again.

I'll wait for next better release , keep up the great works!!
  16.    #16  
    I'm afraid there won't be a 'better release', the patch is as good as it's going to get. If you increase the FPS (Mojo FPS Booster, Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness) then the Pre will run faster and consequently draw more power. If you want both smoothness and battery life, i suggest you look into the Screenstate CPU Governor and Undervolting.

Also fyi, Mojo Smooth Scrolling won't increase battery drain, so feel free to keep that one installed.
    Also fyi, Mojo Smooth Scrolling won't increase battery drain, so feel free to keep that one installed.
    Actually, that is the only thing I've uninstalled and now I'm back to over 20% battery left at the end of the day. Definitely did something to my Pre3 I'm afraid....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    The problem is battery still drains fast even in idle condition. No card opened.
  19.    #19  
    Here's a breakdown of exactly what those patches do:
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    -Reduces Drag Radius
    -Increases Drag Event Poll Speed (more events/second, smoother scrolling)
    -Increases the LunaSysMgr target FPS to 100, 60 while under stress
    -Increase LunaSysMgr's CPU Sharing priority, making the phone focus more on drawing the ui.

Mojo FPS Booster:
    -Increases Mojo's target FPS to 60

Mojo Smooth Scrolling:
    -Changes Mojo's 'mousedown' (finger down) event from touch.down to touch.move, thus skipping the part of the drag-scroll code that causes the page to 'jump' when your finger leaves the dragRadius.

FPS Booster and Touch Sensitivity both cause the device to attempt to render more frames, whereas Smooth Scrolling modifies a Mojo event that doesn't even fire unless you try to drag scroll. I'm pretty sure that's not what's causing your drain.

Edit: Have you overclocked your Pre, by any chance? The biggest cause of battery hit on mine is the 1.9Ghz Screenstate governor, I've found.
    I might try installing the Mojo Smooth Scrolling patch again just to test, but as I said, upon removal previously my battery drain issue completely disappeared.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast