Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Here's a breakdown of exactly what those patches do:
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    -Reduces Drag Radius
    -Increases Drag Event Poll Speed (more events/second, smoother scrolling)
    -Increases the LunaSysMgr target FPS to 100, 60 while under stress
    -Increase LunaSysMgr's CPU Sharing priority, making the phone focus more on drawing the ui.

Mojo FPS Booster:
    -Increases Mojo's target FPS to 60

Mojo Smooth Scrolling:
    -Changes Mojo's 'mousedown' (finger down) event from touch.down to touch.move, thus skipping the part of the drag-scroll code that causes the page to 'jump' when your finger leaves the dragRadius.

FPS Booster and Touch Sensitivity both cause the device to attempt to render more frames, whereas Smooth Scrolling modifies a Mojo event that doesn't even fire unless you try to drag scroll. I'm pretty sure that's not what's causing your drain.

Edit: Have you overclocked your Pre, by any chance? The biggest cause of battery hit on mine is the 1.9Ghz Screenstate governor, I've found.
    I was just going to ask you and mau to provide a summary of your patches. This is great. I assume all of these can be installed at the same time?

Do any of these conflict with mau's patches? Can we install all of yours, and all of his? Is this recommended, from a smoothness perspective (not a battery life perspective)?

What about patches from other devs (such as buttah)?

Could someone create a table (new thjread?) that lists the various "smoothness" patches, including the name, what they do, which OS version they run on, and potential conflicts. I absolutely love the work that you are doing, but have to admit that I find it a bit confusing now that there are so many patches, and multiple authors.
  2.    #22  
    All of my patches and mau's patches are completely interoperable and yes, the effects stack so the final product (which I yet hope to improve) is rather impressive. Buttah clashes with mau's Increase Touch Sensitivity patch and doesn't do as much for smoothness. Not sure about any other devs', but I don't think it should really clash with anything. Feel free to throw out some names and I can confirm or deny
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    All of my patches and mau's patches are completely interoperable and yes, the effects stack so the final product (which I yet hope to improve) is rather impressive. Buttah clashes with mau's Increase Touch Sensitivity patch and doesn't do as much for smoothness. Not sure about any other devs', but I don't think it should really clash with anything. Feel free to throw out some names and I can confirm or deny
    Well, I have to say that I love what you guys are doing. The improvements are astonishing.

There are still a few area that I think need improving.

1. In Preware
    2. Bookmarks list in Browser
    How is this differentthan bright2k's Smooth Scrollong patch? I have bright's patch installed and your new Mojo Smooth Scrolling patch is showing up as a separate patch available for webOS 1.4.5. There is obviously a conflict on install since these are overlapping. Why a new patch and not an update?
  5.    #25  
    Gah, not sure how I missed this post, so apologies for the slow reply. My patch is based on his, I ported it to 2.x and 3.x devices since it hadn't been updated in ages (seriously, the only reason I discovered it even existed was because I used a 1.4.5 Pixi for a few months.)
    From there, I became rather interested in the Mojo framework and improving the user experience of 2.x devices, hence all my other Mojo patches. Recently I overhauled Smooth Scrolling to subtly animate drag scrolling using the flick algorithm, but it still does the same thing as the original too
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12