1.    #1  
    Update: Patch below (Could an admin please rename the topic title accordingly?)

I was a little peeved that there's no way to bring in the Readability bookmarklet into the browser, so I set out to hack the next best thing into the browser. I now have an "Open Page with TextView" menu item under the share button that feeds the current page to viewtext.org which returns a neutral, text-only page.
    Last edited by metai; 10/26/2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Please do release this as a patch .

Hope it will also work on 1.4.5.
  3.    #3  
    Here you go. Don't be too disappointed, the patch is really quite simple (so simple, in fact, that I don't even want to tag it with my name yet). But it works, tested on 3.0.4.

Conceivable improvements:
    - Open in new window instead of current window (maybe even switchable via Tweaks)
    - Other web service providers
    - Translations?

This patch may also serve as a pattern to include various other web services that take an URL and process it. Maybe even have an all-in-one patch that offers a multitude of web services. I'm gonna have to think about that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by metai; 10/26/2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Thanks !

The files /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/ActionBar.jsjsjs $and$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$source$/$Browser$.$js$ $dont$ $exist$ $on$ $my$ $webOS$ $1$.$4$.$5$. $Am$ $trying$ $to$ $figure$ $out$ $where$ $to$ $stick$ $in$ $the$ $extra$ $lines$ .

Thanks again !
    (I had some trouble with the "metai" account, and sorted it with the admins, I will continue with this account. Sorry for any confusion.)

veerar, I am not familiar with WebOS 1.4.5, and I don't own a WebOS-based cell phone. I am afraid I can't help you there.

I now realize that sticking such a function into the Share menu isn't the most practical way to go on about it. So please have a look at my more recent patch, "Enable Web Service Bookmarks". It achieves the same goal, is much more flexible and allows for various services you can edit yourself.