Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch is "stuck". Any help would be appreciated.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLog.conf.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLogContexts.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/uploadd.conf.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.configurator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.eas.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imaccountvalidator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imap.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imlibpurple.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.imyahoo.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.location.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.mmsservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.pop.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skype.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.skypevalidator.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smsservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.smtp.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.stservice.service.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.yahoo.service.rej

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Exactly the same issue here , cannot remove the old patch and cannot install the new either , exactly the same errors as above
    Count me in the same boat.
    Same here too.
    +1
    Identical symptoms.
    yep, add another in the que
    I have it also installed, with no apparent problems, and now you all scare me a bit... Why are you trying to uninstall it exactly?
    @jcmarcos: An update was just published; but it fails to install. I tried to uninstall the patch entirely so I could just install the updated version, but uninstalling also failed.
    Last edited by tbetz; 10/25/2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Name person addressed in reply.
    the log says an undefeated patch detected so it can't install the new version. It also errors out when you try to do an uninstall. This leaves you with a patch you can't delete or update.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbetz View Post
    An update was just published; but it fails to install
    Oh, I didn't see that update in Preware, although I'd swear I have the beta feeds added to it...
    count me in too!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Oh, I didn't see that update in Preware, although I'd swear I have the beta feeds added to it...
    same results for me
    Bill
    mine looks a little different but same problem. I actually did an uninstall of the patch after upgrading to 3.0.4

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 14298 100 14298 0 0 17124 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 22375
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/rdxd.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Hope this gets fix have been waiting for it. Looks like it needs some (Y) placed where it is answering some of the questions to install or over write.

Thanks in advance
    Update your feeds

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I used EPR to kill all my patches then the new one installed fine. Takes a little bit of time but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlub View Post
    I used EPR to kill all my patches then the new one installed fine. Takes a little bit of time but it works.
    Thanks. If another solution doesn't arise, I'll schedule 90 minutes later today to do this.

(It's all those Luna restarts that keep me from doing it now...)
    Ok....I see the update now, but I still cannot get it to apply. It says in the IPKG Log:

Apply anyway? [n]

Won't let me delete version 3.0.2 and won't update to 3.0.4
  19. dwc
    You don't have to restart after each patch install/uninstall. Just delay and do one at the end.
    No surprise, same for me too.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast