Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I used epr too. Just started fresh.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by tbetz View Post
    Thanks. If another solution doesn't arise, I'll schedule 90 minutes later today to do this.

(It's all those Luna restarts that keep me from doing it now...)
    you can install the patches, click later on the Luna restart after each patch dl, then do the Luna restart on the last patch you have left. I did epr, plus reinstalled 24 patches on my husbands tp in less than 15 min or less.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Was running into the same thing here. Just for grins, I hooked the Touchpad up to the ol' PC, fired up WebOS Quick Install 4.3.1, and ran the update from there. It generated an error as well . . . and then proceeded with the install! Afterward, it was gone from the update list on both WOQI and Preware, and Preware showed the new version as being the one installed.

Unfortunately, even after, I was still unable to uninstall the patch, so it looks like the only way to do that is still EPR. But, for updating, using WOQI instead seemed to do the trick.

Good hunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyaylooh View Post
    Was running into the same thing here. Just for grins, I hooked the Touchpad up to the ol' PC, fired up WebOS Quick Install 4.3.1, and ran the update from there. It generated an error as well . . . and then proceeded with the install! Afterward, it was gone from the update list on both WOQI and Preware, and Preware showed the new version as being the one installed.

Unfortunately, even after, I was still unable to uninstall the patch, so it looks like the only way to do that is still EPR. But, for updating, using WOQI instead seemed to do the trick.

Good hunting!
    Using Quick Install proved to work a lot better for me too.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    EPR did the job !!!
    Count me as another failed Muffle logging patch update. Can't update or remove. What is EPR?
    Last edited by xnavybum; 10/26/2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: add more info
    Quote Originally Posted by xnavybum View Post
    Count me as another failed Muffle logging patch update. Can't update or remove. What is EPR?
    Read this post. You can get it in the linux section of preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by xnavybum View Post
    emergency patch recovery, in the linux application section of preware, installs itself, then removes all patches, then removes itself upon reboot.

Updating feeds suggested by Bigcatny didn't change anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by GACPad View Post
    Updating feeds suggested by Bigcatny didn't change anything.
    yeh..I got nothing there either. I actually got an error trying to update mine. Epr FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyaylooh View Post

Good hunting!
    How do you update a patch from WOQI?

Edit:

Found it. Sorry about that.
    up until the last update, my touchpad ran tight. Ever since it was forced on, it has been running like crap. These past 2 weeks have been really frustrating.

the browser takes over a minute to launch, powering off takes even longer, and patches are failing left and right.

why HP, WHY!!!!!
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    emergency patch recovery, in the linux application section of preware, installs itself, then removes all patches, then removes itself upon reboot.
    yes I did it on our 16 and 32gb TPs worked perfect
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    up until the last update, my touchpad ran tight. Ever since it was forced on, it has been running like crap. These past 2 weeks have been really frustrating.

the browser takes over a minute to launch, powering off takes even longer, and patches are failing left and right.

why HP, WHY!!!!!
    I have no idea why you are having trouble I have two TP's updated to latest OS and all patches are running perfect, ever think you need to doctor it and just reinstall fresh? Seems to be needed at times
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddystacker View Post
    Exactly the same issue here , cannot remove the old patch and cannot install the new either , exactly the same errors as above

Same for me here,so I run run the webos doctor to get a fresh copy of webos, works realy good and fast thought of not to install preware anymore....please I need my web os friend's ideas ..do I need to instal preware again or not..
    Quote Originally Posted by murshid11 View Post
    do I need to instal preware again or not..
    A phone without Preware is just an ordinary phone! Who wants that? ;-)
    Same issue with Muffle. Guess I will go the WOQI or EPR route when I have time.

BTW, TP on 3.0.4 with UberKernel at 1.5 is flawless.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Tried updating, IPKG error, tried removing, same.

Tried the same through WOQI, and even EPR & now the furthest I have gotten is Preware showing that its not installed, but when I try to install it I get the same IPKG error in part and it looks like there is some parts of the script that were removed but not all as I see the ipkg log now shows 3 or 4 lines that were also showing up when i first tried to update and remove it, and logged 5 or 6 lines of script of errors.

So it looks like somehow I partially fixed or removed the conflicting issues, but I tried the above methods a few more times to see if it would correct the rest but it looks like nothing will correct the remaining ipkg errors ?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    This is what the ipkg error log says, sorry if the formatting is off I just copied and pasted it straight on my TP.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 14298 100 14298 0 0 22360 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 30486
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/rdxd.conf.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Thanks to everyone for their input on this matter. It was invaluable. A special thanks to Chicle and Vella.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast